Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Runway
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote        
As a writer, just about everything inspires me to some extent. Sometimes when I make avatars, without realizing it, backstories will pop into my head. > 3< I'll take everything into consideration - the implication of their race (base), clothing (current residence or sentimental attachment to a certain tribe) and social status (weaponry/accessories).

Things from my current avatar that I take into consideration:
-Wind Dragon Base
-Saidon fins
-Lower Deity Weaponry/Accessories
-Deity Wings (small)
-Calm, observant face

The story:
I don't think about this one much because I mainly went with appearance for this avatar. She actually has no relation to wind dragons, that she knows of - the reason that her skin looks this way is because of years of being a Lower Deity. The magic granted her the tattoos and skin color. She's actually a native Saidon woman, full fledged. Currently, though, she resides wherever the Deities need her. She has those wings because she's been noticed as a loyal servant.

Does anyone else do the same thing? XD Obviously I don't take these little stories very seriously - they're just interesting to think about from time to time. I have tons of others, too. xP Some, not so beautiful.

mdom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quote        
Hehe, that's very interesting.
I like to think of my avatar as myself, so any history I come up is based on my real life. Except now, that I have a fire dragon behind me xD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote        
Who's necro-ing a three year old thread? That would be meeee... I thought it was more active than this though. o.o

But yeah, does anyone out there have a story behind their avatar? I tend to just make what I like, so sometimes it comes out being my midorea character, but sometimes it's just a random pretty... occasionally with a story of it's own.

This one, for example, ran with the themes of the two newest ARIs. The character here is a lower deity. During the warm months she has a more human guise to protect the people of midorea in various ways, but when it gets cold she takes on her centaur (deertaur?) form to guide lost souls to safety during the freezing and deadly nights /o/ She was a nomadic human trader between the GGC and Ice Dragons long ago before she became a lower, and her love of the cold is part of the reason she was chosen for this particular duty.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.