Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Rite of Passage pt. 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. `NUDE`BEACH ;;
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote        
I have the same problem, Squid. Poor boyfriend always has to warm me up. Right now he's suffering through my freezing feet. ^^;

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote        
Yesss. And I firmly believe that the small of the back is the warmest place for cold little feet to recover. Yesyes. ^w^

It's a wonder I don't get rolled out of the bed more often.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Squid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:06 am Reply with quote        
    No way, man. It's the thighs. Let me shove my toesies between a nice warm pair of thighs.

Man. I think I'm going to play Guild Wars all day. And to make myself feel better about it, I'll do some dishes first and pretend I had a productive day like any other reasonable adult.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote        
I feel so bad when they have to sit their and stiff-face through it like it doesn't bother them at all. I am benevolent and usually give back massages afterwards. XD

Haha, doing the dishes really is one of those tasks that leads to a false sense of productiveness. Sending out emails also leads to hours of IMGUR hunting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote        
Eeeew you guys D;
My boyfriend is always super cold, while I get to be the portable heating device. Getting cold appendages shoved down my shirt ewww.
I'll take a note and ask for payment in massages.

Haha dishes. I've gotta do them, but i just got take out. boooo
spicy salmon don. awyiss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote        
Ugh. Dishes.
I am in college.
And you can tell because I don't do dishes until I have to, as long as they don't grow mold and/or sentience and go for my face. (At which point, I think I'd need a tad more that just soap and hot water, yeah?)

That said. Arghle.
I've actually gotten some things done today?
But its mostly just assignments...not the paper-shuffling-nonsense I have to deal with. I hate dealing with the administration because they kinda hate everyone and seem to enjoy screwing people over?
And I need an exception and and independent study to graduate on time...which means I will not be their favorite person Dx

Sorry, spazzing. Don't mind me >>;;

I will take your breath away
...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
I'm vegetarian, I'd be a crap zombie.
Fear the wrath of the vegetarian zombie!! It will invade your vegetable gardens and turn all the cabbages into zombie vegetables! >:o
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote        
Kimi, I was a Section 504 kid in middle and high school. I understand not being the administration's favourite person. I'm pretty sure at least one of the vice-principals thought my mum existed just to make her life difficult. ^__^;>

PlumBerry is my mule.
Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
Section 504?
What does that mean? o.o
Also, the administration freaking asks for it sometimes, man.
Especially when they DON'T HIRE MORE PROFESSORS and EVERY DEPARTMENT SEEMS TO BE UNDERSTAFFED. *glowers heavily at new Dean of university*

...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
Fear the wrath of the vegetarian zombie!! It will invade your vegetable gardens and turn all the cabbages into zombie vegetables! >:o
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
Section 504 is a part of the education code in the US pertaining to children with disabilities. It outlines what constitutes a disability, and suggests what provisions must be made for it. It applies to all publicly funded schools in the US. You must apply for, and be approved, in order to have a 504 provision.

In my case, it meant my teachers were legally required to give me a quiet place for testing, allow me to use scratch paper, let me take certain quizzes orally, grade me on work completed, and I wasn't disciplined for non-disruptive fidgeting. Also, progress meetings every two months.

PlumBerry is my mule.
Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote        
Oh.

Did they give you problems about it?
Cuz if that covers learning disabilities, then I'm pretty sure at least one of my sibs fell under that code as well. And while I know he got shit from other kids, the teachers--as far as I know--helped him or did their damndest to.

...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote        
Kimi_Delaetus wrote:
Oh.

Did they give you problems about it?
Cuz if that covers learning disabilities, then I'm pretty sure at least one of my sibs fell under that code as well. And while I know he got shit from other kids, the teachers--as far as I know--helped him or did their damndest to.

It does cover learning disabilities! Well, the teachers were all pretty nice. The administration, on the other hand, found dealing with my mum and I tedious. My mum was very fierce about making sure I got all the help I could with school. One of the problems was that I had a bit more going on than just adjusting things could help with. So I wasn't doing great in school, and both sides (the school and my parents) felt that the other wasn't doing enough.

Also, Saygen, I really like the skin pattern you have!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote        
Oh jeez. That must have been a nightmare.
That, and I know of an administration (not my school's, thankfully) that not only did nothing to help a student but condoned the mistreatment they were receiving. It was at the hands of other students, mind, not teachers but...ugh.

...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote        
Thanks Copper! I believe I had the fiery one.... XD

My university seemed to be pretty good about helping students with disabilities. Although it was severely suffering from budget cuts, it maintained the quality of the services that helped students who had difficult times taking tests and such in the typical classroom setting. They were also promotional with their services. Freshman year we were all informed of free testing/interviews to see if alternative testing was needed. No stigma came with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
Well, at this university, if you have some sort of a learning disability, they will happily assist you. Or get others to: they have a note-taking service, for instance. The student who does so gets a small paycheck for taking notes for another student.

There's also the...Learning Center?
And if you have any problems, you can go to them.

Most professors are fairly accommodating.

One was a real asshat to my friend. Basically, because of his disabilities, he wouldn't be able to take the test in class; he'd have to take it in the professor's office. Only, if he didn't show up for the test, it still counted as an absence. There were four tests and three absences were an automatic failure of the the course.

Which meant even if he got 100s on every test, he'd still fail the course because he wasn't able to take the test in class.

Beyond that, most seem fairly accommodating. I never did get that professor's name...

...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3