Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote        
Lord Narae observed the minor argument between the apparent ghost who introduced himself as Mock and the Demon Hunter with her continued mild disinterest. And then when the...cat-girl arrived, well...It was clear that there was some confusion. She was gonna kill whoever wrote that damn sign...
She actually spoke at this point. 'Seems there's some confusion as to who may come in on the part of...well, all of you. See, in this world, 'mortal' is a term used to refer to either people who don't or can't use magic, or as a broader blanket for every non-elemental. Which has, on a few memorable occasions, led to immortals being called mortals. It's rather non-indicative, but eh. Anyway, Mock, as you have probably worked out, I am the Lord Kathira Narae.' She shook his sleeve in absence of a hand. 'And now I am out of coffee and will be getting more. I'll fix the sign when I've thought of a replacement sentence.' She swung herself off the throne, picked up her mug, and began to stride towards the bar which did have a kettle, a jar of instant coffee granules, and a full coffee machine. Just as she reached the kettle, she turned back. 'By the way, don't sit in that throne. I'll kill you myself if you do, and if you can't be killed, well...I have ways around that.' She punctuated her sentence by switching the kettle on.

((I normally mind my character being controlled, but I will admit that in this situation and upon seeing an apparently harmless entity, she would be mildly disinterested. And holy crap, this got posts fast.))

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote        
"Confusing. And unnecessarily complicated." Kacey murmured in response to Lord Narae's explanation of what 'mortal' meant in the realm they were in. After a moment's pause, she jumped slightly in her seat. "Oh, how rude of me, I never introduced myself! Kacessa Maela Termine Dahlia Seariss Eithere-Langfall, half-Cheshire cat, at your service. But you can call me Kacey. My, uh, creator has a thing for long names..." She trailed off, laying her ears back slightly and looking down at the book she had in front of her on the table. "And about the sign; maybe change it to just say 'Enter of your own volition' or something? That way it's not all 'Enter, ye who dare' but it's not confusing by saying mortals or anything. Just a suggestion."
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote        
Lord Narae blinked at Kacey's long, long name. 'You a vampire or something? No? With a name like that...but the sign change, 'enter of your own volition', good idea, glad I thought of it.' She shot a sphere of energy similar in colour and etherealness to the portal between worlds over the Demon Hunter's head and Mock's hood, into a wooden, steel-reinforced door beside the throne with a loud 'THUD!'. At the same time, she shouted 'OI! NARBES! GET YOU LAZY BACKSIDE OVER HERE BEFORE I FLAY IT OFF YA!'

WEREWOLVES!
Mock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
"Good evening, Kacessa Maela Termine Dahlia Seariss Eithere-Langfall," greeted Mock, entirely unfazed by the near miss. "I trust your trip through the portal wasn't too rough? Inter-dimensional gates can be a trifle unsettling, particularly for those with evaporating skills."

WEREWOLVES!
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote        
Primlin sighed as the sphere nearly hit her head, skimming over the top of her hood. She leaned back in her chair, glancing at the newcomer who had introduced themselves as Kacey. Near immortal eh? She thought to herself, drawing shadows from around her and forming a small ball, squeezing as though it were a stress ball.
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote        
Kacey shook her head slightly. "Not a vampire. Not even close. I'm half Cheshire cat, like I said." She decided not to comment on Lord Narae's words about the sign change. It wasn't worth getting into an argument over whose idea it was. Turning to Mock, she smiled slightly. "It wasn't too bad, thank you for asking. I travel through inter-dimensional gates rather often, so they don't really bother me too much any more. I'm surprised you know the proper term for evaporating skills, though. Most others would say invisibility."
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote        
Razillia had been considering taking some items to be donated as props to the Theatre, when she noticed the glow down the alley. She read the sign and shifted her senses a bit to better read the signature of the magic. Relieved to find that it was a two-way portal, having just gotten to Midorea and not being ready to leave yet. (The last time she'd wandered away from a base world without setting up a direct rout back, it had taken six jumps, and two side-steps to get back.) Not being one to pass up an adventure, she stepped through.

Raz blinks from the shift and lets her eyes adjust to the new lighting. She takes note of the decor and people, and smiles to sees the bar. She heads towards it, stepping lightly in a way that might have been skipping, had there not been so many people around. Raz nods politely to the bartender, and surveys the selection. She lets out a small squeak of delight upon seeing that there is Anarian stock, and immediately orders a Raspberry Sunrise.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
A short, squat, semi-spiky looking imp enters the room through the door that Lord Narae hit earlier, rushes across the room to her, and prostrates himself before his Lord and Master. 'Oh Master, most glori-'
Lord Narae cuts him off before he can get the rest of his insipid sucking up speech out. 'Yeah yeah, I know, don't care, look, grab a marker and fix the sign through that portal there, alright? Change the whole 'enter, ye mortals' bit to 'enter of your own volition', a'right? Get on with it, chop chop. Then get back to whatever job you were doing before and don't bother our...guests.'
The imp scowls, but does as he is told, leaving the room as soon as he comes back from Midorea. The sign now reads:
'Lord Kathira Narae's meeting room.
Meeting place for discussions, decisions, questions, and answers.
Enter, ye mortals of thy own volition.'

The bartender bear grunts an affirmative and busies himself in making the drink, then handing it over to the customer. He then points helpfully to a sign on the wall behind him saying 'By Lord Narae's decree, all drinks are free.'

((By the way, the bear is called Barkeep, he's a mute, and he can be freely controlled by anyone. His only function is to serve drinks, after all, he's basically furniture.))

WEREWOLVES!
Mock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quote        
Noticing the enthusiastic newcomer, Mock contnued his conversation with Kacey. "I once had a feline friend of Chestonian ancestry. He was a bit... vague, if you can call it that. He floated through an unstable portal without fully solidifying himself, and... well, he only got halfway through." He made a sound as if he were clearing his throat, then greeted the newcomer. "On that cheerful note, hi, I'm known as Mock."

WEREWOLVES!
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote        
Kacey grimaced. "Ooh, that's not good. Takes a long time to fix something like that, and even then only if you're lucky. Did he at least survive?" She'd had an uncle who had gotten himself stuck halfway through a portal. Luckily, he'd been quick enough to solidify himself enough to keep the portal open, but he'd wound up being stuck half in one plane of existence, half in another. It'd been rather funny to see a blue and grey cat butt and back legs sticking out from thin air, but it had taken at least four hours and three different Cheshes to help the poor guy get entirely through in one piece. Poor Uncle Lawrence had never been the same afterward, though. He'd become really jumpy and twitchy, and tried to evaporate as little as possible.

Smiling at the newcomer, Kacey gave a small wave. "You can just call me Kacey. I don't feel like giving my full introduction every time someone new shows up." Speaking of which, it seemed that there was quite a variety of beings present, and more were showing up as time went on.
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
Raz waves back, and walks on over to Kacey, carrying the drink the bearkeep made for her. Anarians are a bit like humming birds, and the drinks they create are exorbitantly sweet.

"I am Razillia, dimensional traveller and general adventurer, well met. It's been a while since I saw a Cheshire-kin. I'm lacking a tail at the moment, so I'm afraid I can't give the proper greeting."

Raz turns to Mock and studies his non-form a moment, then nods her head in greeting.

"Well met, shade."

Setting her drink in the air a moment, Raz reaches around in her bag for a muffin. She pulls her legs up under her and settles comfortably in the air, sipping a raspberry sunrise and eating her snack.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Mock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
"Yes, he did survive," Mock continued. "He was in two different places for a while, but some relatives of his managed to put him back together. Took about four hours, if memory-" He stopped, noticing that Kacey was looking at him rather strangely.

WEREWOLVES!
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote        
Primlin glanced at the next newcomer, scanning her up and down with her amber eyes. She didn't bother introducing herself, trusting (mostly) the others to do so if it pleased them, or she asked. She glanced at the menu for the bar, checking to see if anything was... Well, good enough for her tastes. Not like she had any to be honest. She was also mildly surprised that Narae hadn't reacted upon seeing her stitched mouth, if she even had. Not like she would reveal it to anyone else. She glanced around the room once more, checking for a more comfortable place to sit.
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote        
"A pleasure to meet you, Razillia." Kacey smiled and shifted in her chair, making herself more comfortable. "Ah, don't worry about your lack of a tail, the proper greeting is assumed until it cat be performed." Her own fluffy tail swished slowly, moving in that half-asleep way that cats seem to have mastered.

At Mock's words, Kacey's eyes went wide. "This friend of yours...Is his name Lawrence?" It was unlikely and a bit odd that they should meet and that Mock should know her uncle, but it was possible. There weren't very many Cheshire-kin left, and the situation they were talking about didn't happen very often.