Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Battlegrounds
Maverik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote        
Hello! Ignore the fact that it's 2 in the morning for me!
Hai

I was just wondering, how exactly do criticals work? Their occurrence and damage seem completely random. Do critical attacks ignore the defense statistic entirely, and just guarantees a hit?

And what dictates critical damage? I've had a metal dragon critical me for 32, 62, and 82 damage, and I have absolutely no idea how to convince it to hit for the first rather than the last. ;-;

Edit 1: Could I also extend that damage question to enemy spells as well? Enemies do not seem to hit consistently with spell rolls, and I would like to ask if there is some hidden mechanic which affects spell damage, or if their damage values truly are something as insane as 30-80-ish points of damage.

Edit 2: Nevermind. Through the magic of sleep deprivation and observation, I've noticed that spell damage is 1x, 2x, OR 3x the monster's level, before applying a coefficient depending on elements. (1.5x for effective, and iunno for resistant because for some reason, Earth is also effective against metal 0.75x for resistant).

Still can't figure out criticals yet, but... That magic formula is kind of... silly. .-.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote        
I can't figure it out either. except that I often have monsters crit me 2-4 times in a battle and I don't remember ever criting them back. All my damage seems to be straight power level damage. I am not sure PC's get critical attacks.