Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Information Kiosk
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote        
While I was level 5, Uro offered to trade me 5 femurs for 5 health apples, while trying to accomplish this, I levelled up. As a level 6, he is offering to make me a broken helmet. I am a touch upset at the quest change, because 5 apples are expensive, but I already have a much better helmet.

So, my questions is this: Do the NPC quests change each level? Can I access quests from previous levels?

Like, maybe when I do all the level 6 quests, the level 5 quest that I didn't finish is re-offered? If the quests change every level, I'm not sure how I'll be able to stall levelling up.
Mock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote        
As far as I know, these quests are only offered to players of a certain level (one per level), and I haven't been able to access quests from previous levels :/

Do you need an apple? I have a spare, if you like.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote        
Okidoke. I'll have to find a way to stall levelling. I guess I'm going to flee from a lot more battles from now on. I thank you for your kind offer, but I must refuse. I have two health apples and two replenishing apples at the moment, accepting more would feel greedy.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote        
I'll work on the quest today and see if I can fix it, so you'll have access to the quest from your previous level.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote        
That would be very useful for everyone who levels up in the process of beating a quest. Seriously, Uro has never given me bags of silver because the drops just don't happen enough, or I don't get the right enemies often enough. It's actually really annoying, so if all Uro's quests were available to all levels but just with the quests in order relative to each other, that'd be great.

WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote        
We're actually going to do that, so keep an eye out as we're about to post more details.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote        
Yay! The only other way I could think of around the Uro quest problem involves re-working the levelling system, which would likely be a lot of work.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote        
I can think of a certain way around the levelling system that could work, though: let you continue fighting without levelling up until you want to actually level.

WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
KathiraNarae wrote:
I can think of a certain way around the levelling system that could work, though: let you continue fighting without levelling up until you want to actually level.

Yes, this exactly. Overflow XP would either get dumped and not count, or it would have to go into an overflow meter, and added to your total after levelling up. If someone chose to stay low level, this could potentially mean that they have several levels worth of XP built up. Not sure how hard that would be to code in.