Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote        
I have unique forum rules that I follow whenever I post. One of them is that I can't post in the thread of a superior that I really respect unless I have permission. I know, I know. That's basically only Cat at this point. XD But somehow I feel like I'm an annoying little underling if I go in there without permission.

Another rule that I have is to offer guidance or advice to any new user I see. I turn into a broken record in the newbie forum. ^^; I just feel like it's the appropriate thing to do. You never know if someone is confused and won't say anything.

The last one is something that I fail to do a lot... but I try to turn the conversation back on the person I'm talking to as often as I can. Sometimes I bring the spotlight to myself a lot, so I try to monitor myself as much as I can.

On that note... what are some of your rules? :P

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote        
For me, I have rules that vary depending on where I'm posting on a forum. But most of the time, some rules are regular...And hard to follow even for me.

For starters, I have this issue with smileys. I love them too much, and can't seem to help using them! I use them almost constantly, and to be honest, it bugs me. So, I try really, really hard and usually fail to use them only once in a while. I don't know why, but I like having my posts be somewhat formal in general.

Secondly, I always re-check my posts for any errors. I still miss some, obviously, but I'm a pain with grammar and spelling, and so I flail about if I find out later I made a mistake. Sometimes I'll go in and edit the error after posting (though I try hard not to, since I hate editing my posts when it might end up giving me currency I don't feel I deserve). It's not as hard here, because I know it'll take back currency if I take out bits of my post...But still, I hate it when that happens and it bugs me.

And finally...I won't normally join in for the first time in a thread that has more than about ten pages. Sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on the type of thread. This is mostly anxiety reasoning though xD (Hey neat, my first one in this entire post...I'm doing well with rule one for once!).

...I probably have more rules I don't think of much for myself, but these are the general basics. I also hate making short posts though. It feels awkward when I post in threads where the standard is more a sentence than a paragraph sometimes. I'm trying to fight my tendencies with being stingy on these things by playing forum games more. Though even there, I sometimes add more then I need to to the post to feel a bit better about it. I'm working on that though, since it feels off topic. ^^;

Pipla

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote        
I always check my spelling before hand, and try to have decent grammar.
Also I tend to over use smileys on other forums, so I try to restrict how many I use.

Another rule I have is that I try to write more then one sentence in the topic I'm posting in.
Mock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
My rules? Hmm, like Pip, I try to have good spelling and grammar most of the time. However, on some Tumblr posts, I find it more appropriate to type in the style used by other commenters such as no punctuation or capitals and run on sentences to provide a sense of free flowing thought processes

And I don't refrain from using emoticons; I am usually not expressive enough (online and in person).

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote        
If I can't post something positive or constructive, then do not post anything at all.

Sometimes it is a very hard rule for me to follow. Especially when emotions are involved.