Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Information Kiosk
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote        
There are a number of items where the descriptions do not really tell what the items do in game. I am still saving my silver for skills and abilities. I can't really afford to buy something just to see what it does. I was wondering about the following:

Bubble Tea - A delicious fruity drink
Overloaded Cell phones - A small flip phone overloaded with cell numbers and charms.
Iquian Jaguar Headdress - The Iquians revere the Jaguar as a bringer of power and good fortune, and adorn themselves with the pelts of the animal as a sign of rank. Only the fiercest of Iquian warriors are allowed to wear the head of a Jaguar.
Sun and Moon Knives - The crescents of the weapons represent the astronomical bodies of Midorea: the two moons, the Sun and the Garden.

Also do the enchant and repair items do more points between poor, good, and exceptional? Or is the only difference in duration? I know the newbie repair hammer fixes 2 points per success but the poor silver repair hammer only fixes 1 per success.

If there is a page that has fuller descriptions of these, could someone link to it? I can't seem to find it.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote        
As far as I know, the cellphones, headdress and knives don't do anything special. They're wearable items, meaning you can pick them in the avatar thing and they'll show up on your avatar, but they aren't usable in the battle system or something like that.

The bubble tea is some sort of healing potion kind of item. It will show up on the potion list in the battle section, and you can use it to restore some HP (30). It can be used a few times (10), and it's kinda stronger than most other healing potions found in the shop. I think it can also be worn on your avatar.

I'm not sure for the enchant and repair items. They all seem to have the same power, so I'm guessing they will add the same amount of points, or around the same amount? I'm guessing the higher the grade, the less chances of failure it has. And duration goes up, as you mentioned. As for the newbie repair hammer, it should follow the same principle...

Normally (talking about forging here, I've never enchanted items before), your skill level is what determines how good you are at repairing a thing, and so how much points you'll give back to an item. Like, I'm level 13 in forging. I've just done some small test: with the poor hammer, I repair 7 points per shot; with the exceptional hammer, I repair 8 points. So, I'm guessing the formula is something like the power of your hammer + 1 points for every two levels of the used skill (again, not sure about enchantment). Exceptional hammer rounds the number to the highest value (8 instead of 7,5), and the poor one rounds it to the lowest value (7 instead of 7,5). I could be wrong in those details though, but anyway, the highest your skill, the more points you'll repair. Wink

Hope this helped! Soft Smile

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote        
Yes it does. Thank you Cool

I'm guessing that the Black market items like the moon knives and head dress are also just wearable things also.
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote        
Cell phones are weapons, power level 2. ^^;

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote        
If you want to know if an item is a weapon/potion/whatever, click on the thumbnail in the shop or the Info button in your inventory. If it has 1 duration, it cannot be used in battle or to repair anything. If its duration is above 1, it can.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote        
Good hammers repair one more duration than poor hammers, and exceptional repair one more point than good. At a base forge skill (like mine was until I went nuts on my weapons), poor repairs 1, good repirs 2, exceptional repairs 3. Get an exceptional, despite its cost, as it is much better value for money, regardless of forge skill.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Mock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote        
What about Magic Tomes? Do they work the same way?
I like your new armour, by the way.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote        
Weaseldale wrote:
Cell phones are weapons, power level 2. ^^;

Yep. I just tried one. It is an expensive but very weak weapon that cannot be enchanted. AND require a magic point to use. I'm not really sure why anyone would want one. By they time you could afford it, it us pretty much useless.

The Bubble tea restores 30 HP

Edit: I think I am looking at the cell phone thing wrong. You can also wear it on your avatar. I was looking for weapons. I think the phones are accessories that just happen to be usable as weapons. Not the other way around.