Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Battlegrounds
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, Midoreans! You’re probably here to learn about the Forge skills, so let’s jump right in.

The Forge is a feature that allows you to restore duration to weapons, magic weapons, armor, and spells. It also allows you to add more power to your items! If you want quick access to the Forge page, just click the Forge link at the very top right-hand corner of the page. From there, you can choose the exact feature that you want to use. To see your skills, go to your Character Sheet and click on the My Skills tab above it.

Repair
If you’ve been using our battle system for a while, you’re probably already familiar with repairing items. You can restore duration to weapons, armor, and magical weapons with a Repair Hammer, which you can buy in the Weaponsmith. Repair Hammers come in three qualities: Poor, Good, and Exceptional. These come with progressively higher durations at proportionately higher costs. As you get better hammers and raise your Forge skill, you will also have a slightly greater chance of successfully repairing items, as well as being able to restore more duration per swing.

When using Repair Hammers, you do run the risk of destroying the items that you’re repairing. This is true for retired items like old Temple of Gold items, event items, quest items, and Black Market Import items.

Recharge
Recharging is the magical equivalent to repairing. You can restore duration to offensive and defensive spells with a Magic Tome, which can be purchased from the Magicks and Novelties store. Magic Tomes work similarly to Repair Hammers. However, the rate of successfully recharging an item is lower than the rate of successfully repairing an item, so it will take longer to fully restore the duration of a spell than it would to restore a weapon. This feature relies on your Enchantment skill. The higher that skill is, the better you’ll be at recharging items.

When using Magic Tomes, you do run the risk of destroying the items that you’re recharging. This is true for retired items like old Temple of Gold items, event items, quest items, and Black Market Import items.

Enchant
Enchantment works differently than repairing or recharging. You use Enchantment Spells to add more power to weapons. There are some restrictions specific to enchantment that you should keep in mind, though. Firstly, you cannot infinitely add points of power to items. Each item has a set amount of power that it can be enchanted to, so I recommend you view an item’s information page by clicking on its icon in shops or your inventory so that you know what that number is. Secondly, you cannot use just any spell to enchant your items. All spells except for specifically labeled Enchantment Spells are restricted to magic-using classes, so unless you’re a magic-using class, you can only use Enchantment Spells to enchant items. This feature relies on your Enchantment skill. The higher that skill is, the better you’ll be at enchanting items.

When using Enchantment Spells, you do run the risk of destroying the items you’re enchanting. This is true for retired items like old Temple of Gold items, event items, quest items, and Black Market Import items.

I hope that this thread was informative for you! If you have any questions or you want to share your experiences with people, feel free to post about them here. I hope you all enjoy this new feature!

Mock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote        
Hi, I'm using an Exceptional Magic Tome for my recharging, but it keeps lowering the maximum duration of my Blast of Darkness spell, because I have low enchantment skill. Is there a way to improve this skill without going through dozens of spells?

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!