Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Areishia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:42 am Reply with quote        
During the Ocean Enclaves event a number of cities/locations were created and we were able to go there with the help of the explore page, however after the event all of these locations disappeared.

Personally I quite liked being able to browse/visit these cities/locations and would like for them to be brought back (we never even got to see the Coal, Air, Water and Metal Dragon's cities T.T) if possible. It just seems weird for them to be mentioned and then to no longer be reachable, especially since, in the end, the population of Midorea did end up siding with the Minor dragon clans in their struggle.

This is only a minor request though, so I'm not going to ask that they be brought back ASAP or that this become a priority over something else the staff has decided to implement, but I would like to make an appeal/plead for them to be brought back if it's possible and if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

I'm guessing that part of the reason why they were take out would be that it would make navigating from one location to another rather hard, however, perhaps it would be possible to implement the map from the Ocean Enclaves (or a similar more detailed map) as a new way to navigate from one city/location to another.

It just seems a waste for all that wonderful art to not be used, and I do want to keep visiting the Minor Dragon capitals every now and then :3 (and see what the Metal Dragons's, the Coal Dragons's, Wind Dragons's and Water Dragons's capitals look like, of course only after the art for them, etc. has been made).
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote        
We will definitely be using all of the zones in the future. Smile There are a few factors involved though that made us decide to hide them for now. Once we update the system, our goal is to make zones a bigger part of the site and make it easier to travel, including a map like you said.

Glad to hear that you'd be interesting in having them back though! We will definitely be working on this.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Areishia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote        
I'm very happy to hear that Happy.

I can't wait to see the other capitals, but I'll admit that I'm looking forward to the Metal Dragon capital the most :3.

Aside from that, I'd like to know if we'll ever get to see the other minor dragon leaders as well (Bacon, Darkness, Pumpkin, None, Light, Sexy and Holy [if the last two have dragons/humanoid dragon leaders to begin with that is ^^Wink. I think it would be interesting to see if they have the same type of strained and unfair relationship with the majors as the other minors or a different one.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote        
A big reason that Midoreans can't access those zones now is that the Major and Minor dragons are still wrapped up in delegations. Although the help of Midoreans was obviously greatly appreciated, the dragons want to resolve their internal issues before opening their borders again. It makes sense, considering the cities and populations surely took a hit during all of that.

And I get the feeling that we'll be seeing the dragons again. The matter of when just depends on how quickly they can recover from this recent event.

We don't really know what the relationship is between other Minor Dragons and the Major ones. The Ice Dragons are a Minor clan, but they have a working relationship with the Major clans. I guess only time will tell.

Areishia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote        
I see, thank you very much for the information. Hopefully the clans will come to an agreement soon Smile.

I've been reading a lot about the history of midorea and I knew about the favorable relationship that exists between the Ice Dragons and the Major clans but, then again, it seems that the Ice Dragons are a more or less special case due to their power, age and knowledge (unless the other Dragon clans are very close in power and knowledge to them).

Maybe if the current known Minor Dragon leaders come to a favorable/fair agreement with the Majors the other Minors will also make an appearance :3. I'd love to see what the Bacon Dragon's leader would be like, not to mention the Darkness one Smile.

Well, as you said, only time will tell.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote        
I'm really glad to see that you're interested in the story. ^^ Hopefully the upcoming events will satisfy you. I can't say much, but it should be easier to understand the story once it's all over.

Areishia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quote        
The characters are all rather interesting :3, the plot involving the minor dragons is what really pulled me in though.

At the same time I'm clearly missing a lot of the story/earlier story events. I have no idea what led to the Fire Dragon Prince going berserk and destroying the Ice Dragon City (I read that he was being possessed by the spirit of the sun and why the spirit was possessing him, but not why he suddenly lashed out, the spirit didn't seem to be malevolent at all from what I read).

I'm guessing we'll be seeing the Ice Dragons again at the Winter Solstice (Christmas/etc. event?), maybe their city will also be rebuilt by then? It would be interesting if the missing princess and prince also show up around this time.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:06 am Reply with quote        
Eheheheh. I can't say a lot. I don't think anyone will expect this - but I'm not talking about plot twists and all that. Let's face it: we got enough drama from the summer event. Rather, we'll be clearing a lot of the story up. Ideally, after the upcoming events, everyone will have a much better understanding of Midorea.

For better or worse, we're taking a very different approach to the upcoming events. But, hopefully you all still enjoy it. ^_^

Aaaaaanyway, with all of the work that we're putting into the foundation of Midorea, we're really hoping to expand the world and make it more enjoyable (and easier) to explore. Multiple zones, permanent quests, and a more accessible story are all a part of that.

Areishia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 am Reply with quote        
I wouldn't say that the summer event had any drama (I normally can't stand drama...), it just had a darker and heavy plot (at least as far as I'm concerned). In any case I can't wait for the continuation and for all the new features Smile. I wish you luck implementing/making them :3.