Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote        
Midorea being an internet forum with an emphasis on the community, I can think of a few ways you found this place.
-Followed a link someone had shown you.
-Your friend told you about it.
-It was advertised on another site.
-Another reason I haven't thought of.

I'm on a site called Pokefarm, where you hatch eggs and level the resulting pokemon by getting them clicked by other people. That site has an advertisment on near the top that changes frequently. And of course, Midorea was on it. I followed the ad and here I am!

So? What about guys? How did you find Midorea?
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I'm friends with another member on facebook and it was in an ad that "hey, so and so likes this you should too" type of thing. At first I ignored it. Then I found its name again when searching for avatar sites. At least, I think that's how it happened. My brain is sorta out of it, so I can't fully recall xD

I think I wrote it up before when there was a poll about this though~

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote        
I found Mido when it was still in "beta" and the staff were trying to get testers. Just kinda stuck around after that.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote        
And now you're in a position of authority. Power to the Chu!

Wait, there was a poll about this? Guess I should've looked harder, unless it got deleted.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
I think there was some sort of poll. We were gathering information. Dunno where it is now though... and I'm too lazy to find it. XD

Sharm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I remember answering that question before. I did a google search and found this: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=484459&sid=f6803a013ae15548f885b64231e6306b I don't think that's the one I remember though, because I don't see a post by me there.

Anyway, I don't mind answering again. I'm a big fan of pixel art, and I kept seeing lovely art for Midorea on pixel joint. It was all the dragon wings that finally convinced me to join.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote        
The topic's locked anyway, so this goes out mostly to those who've joined since then! Like me.
fickle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote        
i got out of touch with socializing online and wanted to again, i missed people. i've always liked avi sites, dressing up my avies, and talking to people on the forums, even though it takes me a long time to procure items and click submit on a post. maybe i should charge people for my art, but that always makes it unfun Duh /points to signature/

anyways, i googled "avatar sites" found lists to avi sites on avi sites LOL. i opened a few of them in tabs, one of which was midorea. i poked around n stuff, it didn't take long for me to decide to want to invest my time into this site. now here i am!

Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quote        
I found Midorea soooo long ago.. I can't even remember how I found it >_< It was after beta though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote        
Wasn't it through pokefarm, Lexi? Or else I'm thinking of someone else. Duh

Glad to see another Pixel joint person here though. And it's always interesting to see how people stumble upon us. Smile

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote        
Nuuupe. I did see an ad for Midorea on Pokefarm, while being on Midorea currently. But I was on midorea before pokefarm xP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote        
Exact opposite to me then!
Garrison

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
I was on a site called PokeHeroes. It's basically like Pokefarm but it has a much better community, much nicer staff, and it's like 3 months old, so everything is fresh and undiscovered Happy
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote        
Nicer staff? Really? I've never had any problems with the staff at PF.
Mock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
I found this site through an ad on MS Paint Adventures, on which Homestuck is hosted.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!