Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Garrison

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
I'm trying to fight to get more but I only end up making a profit of like 10 Silver in the end DX
Unless I die, then I lose alot more Sad
Do you guys know any way around this? ;3

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote        
Moving this to City Square. ^^

What weapons are you using? As a Bard with high intelligence, I suggest making use of our spells in the Magicks and Novelties shop. We also have an element system that you could take advantage of to get the most out of your spells. In the Battlegrounds, there's a thread on the elements that lists what's strong against what. Don't make assumptions: our system is far from typical.

I think I remember a user saying that Healing Apples or something like that are the best for healing. Better than the temple, anyway. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Garrison

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote        
Oh thanks! But when I get to 250 Silver, I was planning on switching my class to Magician so I could easily utilize my high Intelligence and gain more per level up than I would as a Bard. But I will definitely check out that thread and the apples (because I spend alot of money at the temple XD)
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote        
No problem. Good luck with testing the classes out! Feel free to come back here if you want any more tips. I'm sure other users can tell you more than I can.

Sharm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:23 am Reply with quote        
I had the same problem not too long ago. Don't be afraid to run from things that burn through your health too quickly, like dragons.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quote        
Hiya! Hopefully you haven't given up on the battle system. Takes awhile to get going but once you do you can make upwards of 2.5k every 25 minutes or so. I wasn't even a high level when I was making that much.

I calculated it out once that doing full heals at the temple was only beneficial after you surpass about 350 HP. I wasn't anywhere near that, so I bought a bunch of Healing Apples. Healing yourself during battle against a weak foe worked great and saves more money than constantly using the full temple heals. When I died and needed to be resurrected, I'd resurrect myself but then jump right into battle with 1 HP. Use a Healing Apple first thing and wha-la! Saved money! Of course there's always a chance that the monster can get a preemptive strike and kill you instantly, but preemptive strikes are uncommon in my experience.

Since you are at a lower level, it might be worth it to use a potion instead of a Healing Apple. That way you don't restore 50 HP when you only have 20.

Hope this helps a little! Happy
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote        
Ironically I find a good way to save the silver you do make is to post in the fun & games section. You only make copper there but then you can buy the newbie repair hammer. You can use those to repair your weapons and armor instead of paying silver for the better quality hammers.

Also, look into the university section. There are some interesting debate topics. If you give an opinion and back it up with some relevant facts and precedents you will usually get decent silver for the post.

Ohhh .. I just looked at your stats. I might also suggest making a new character. Your intelligence is good but you really need at least a 15 in most abilities. It's not hard, you can keep rerolling until you get a better average of stats.

You do get to keep your inventory when switching characters and can use the same name. You still keep the same avatar also. If you can get a strength of at least 9 then you can wear metal armor and use better weapons. Right now every fight you get into is probably an epic battle. If you get better ability scores you will kill things faster and easier and spend less silver for repairs and healing.