Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote        

Hey everyone! We're rolling out a new feature for the site, and an entirely new schedule for gold items. From now on we will be releasing a new set of gold items three times a year instead of just two. These new Tri-Yearlies will be available in a Gacha-type item, and upon opening, will grant you a randomly selected item from the set. There is also a small chance of getting an exceedingly rare Relic as well!

Bag of Astralis will be available from
September 27th - January 27th.

However, this update is important for a very different reason. Currently, Midorea is running on an outdated infrastructure. It is possible to update these systems, but it takes a lot of time and resources on top of the basic functions that keep Midorea going. We do not have a team large enough to compensate for this, as we have only a single dedicated programmer and artist, along with our small group of dedicated staff. So when we're busy working on upgrading the system, we can't work on the basic features of Midorea, like relics, commons, events, and an endless list of other features.

Ultimately the speed of development has suffered from this. To help us provide for the needs of the site and the users, we've decided to release this new item to hopefully free up our hands and focus more of our time on developing Midorea V3. The funds from this will allow us to grow and expand our development in ways that we are currently unable to do, and allow us to bring in more help.

Midorea exists by the users and for the users, and we will do whatever it takes to keep the site alive and active. But we cannot deny that it is a struggle to keep everything afloat, and we do rely a lot on the support of the users. Even if you cannot donate, there is still a lot you can do to support the site. Spreading the word, getting friends to join, and generally being active whenever you can is just as vital to the sites growth! Even moral support is welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you again for being a part of our community! We hope you enjoy this new update, along with the many more sure to come.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote        

Feline Astralis, Galaxy Leggings, Nebula Sleeves, Supernoava Wings, Cluster Scarf, Frontier Glasses, Spiral Halo

The relics that you can get from this bag are all relics from
2008-2009: September, October, November, and December.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote        
<_< ..........

MINE -runs off to buy gold-
How dare you make shiny things...

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote        
Of course... Buy seven bags and the only ones I don't get are the wings and the cat xD

These are really cool, Cat U:

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Jandi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, this is a super neat idea! Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote        
Thank cat and everyone else who might have worked hard as well for this to be possible C'x!!!
All the itemss are so awesome Happy, i can't wait to see if sometime in the (far)future a new avatar background can be made that could match this. or maybe an avatar background store :O. (but i'm just being picky don't listen to me x'D)
----just thought it would be nice Cx---

anyway......i hope you guys can get done what needs to be done!
But don't overwork yourself.....after all , all good things must wait
and i'm a pretty patient user
so no sweats (as i am sure is everyone else as well who plays here)

(i know i just blew like......so many goldies shinies into this x'D)
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
Scarlet's right! All these new nifty things are nice and all, but don't forget your health! We all love more than just the site- we love you guys too! So make sure you take care of yourselfs and make sure to get some well deserved RxR every now and then. :3

And now, off to seek someone selling gold, since I need it. x3

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote        
Luvverly items!

I HAVE to get all of them!

Blazinfox555

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote        
It looks too pretty! Makes me wish I had moneyz to give.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote        
Still waiting for people to notice Alu's makeover.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote        
I noticed it...just didn't say anything. Oh Mai I think he looks hawt. >3>;
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
It's okay, I think most people do.

... Don't let Epos see that.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry I didn't notice. I'll try to pay more attention next time.

On the other hand, Alu looks snazzy, but he already did so...Yay?!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote        
My headcanon of Alu is that he doesn't know how to wear shirts, since he normally goes around topless. So, he never buttons them, or if he does, he misses a few. The collars are all messy and turned up, and most of his shirts are too big/small anyway. Why he even bothers wearing them, though, I still have no idea.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
He's hiding something >:3 Well, maybe not. It could be he just likes the feel of the cloth or something. He's the one who has to say, not me o3o