Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote        
The Elks lodge, The Moose lodge, the Eagles lodge, Freemasonry, ... the list goes on. Every day I drive by several of these institutions. Sometimes their parking lots are full and sometimes they are empty. When I see groups of people from any lodge gathered together it looks like a sea of white hair. I tend to wonder what will happen to these lodges when the last member finally die off. Then I come home and pull up dozens of very active discussion boards and community websites filled with teenagers and young adults. That seems to be the wave of the future.

I wonder if the world still needs the traditional ancient orders. Do these institutions still serve a purpose that cannot be better suited through computers and the internet? If anyone is a member of something like this, what induced you to become a member?
fickle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:35 am Reply with quote        
idk if im speaking out of my ass here, i dunno much. Soft Smile anyways

the freemasons are close knit people, the benefit to being in their group is social alliance. (i'm not sure if i should phrase it that way, heh) they pledge to be in the group, they have their brothers backs when anyone needs help, if one of them is at war, the rest of them are too, they do things for eachother, help one another progress in their business endeavors, and progress in life generally. let's say one freemason invented something he thinks will help society stay safe (spying on US citizens, for example), other freemasons in the congress will push to mandate it.

i think it's much more complex than i put it, but yeah, it's an alliance, a social alliance. in person relationships are more personal, more invested into. i'd be hard to get a group of people on the internet invested into eachother as much as the freemasons are invested.