Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote        
I don't want to go into much of the details with it somewhat [insert sig related program here] related, but is there anyone else who has an authority figure that they admire and proud to be their student/pupil but at the same time theres this one thing about them that just irks you?

For me its differences in one particular topic and as much as its a non-work issue, its more of a personal issue and I don't know how to manage it. I'm managing it well I guess, for I'm ignoring it, but it still eats at me when discussed. So I just keep my views to myself now.

The topic being about equality, religion and certain aspects of that. Now my issue is with something thats hypocritical sounding in general but there could be multiple layers of that, that make it not hypocritical sounding.

The figure is religious and believes in the bible and all it stands for, but they're not pressuring any beliefs or uptight about it, just causally religious. And with that they believe that homosexuality is a sin and unnatural, etc, but are tolerate of it. However they are also very passionate about equality as with this upcoming holiday is Martin Luther King Jr Day, and they believe that all men are created equal.

This is where we would clash. As I myself also think all men should be created/treated equal. However, is being created equal just by body alone, as in race, disability, etc? Or is it include the ways we think and who we are inside also? Because if its the latter then why aren't gay people treated equally, or any other type of being?

I might not be making clearer sense with this but think about the fact that if you stand up for something like "all men are created equal" in this country, then why would you also contradict that by believing that some men are lesser then you because they're apparently "sinning?" They also would state that hate is unnatural and we are all born with love. Then why are you in a religion that decides to "hate" certain people who are different then you?
Of course some people just put more important things first before the other, as with religion and other stuff.

Theres also the science vs religion thing too. But thats more of something else. Its just, I just want people to just get along more then it seems they have. Just a bit more peace for me.

Thoughts?

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote        
Just like all men are created equal; all sin is equal. Even if you believe that being gay is a sin, it doesn't make someone anymore "sinful" than the next person. (some people have a problem with this, but I don't feel like going into detail right now... so we'll leave it at that) Nothing irritates me more than to see a "Christian" put someone down for being gay, what makes you so sinless that you feel you can cast judgement on others? It doesn't matter if you believe that being gay is a sin, there's only one who can decide that and it's definitely not you.

I will assure you though that this person's beliefs do not represent the ideals of Christianity. They are a skewed interpretation fitted to their own ideas, and should be taken as such.

As for the original topic, my beliefs differ a lot from authority figures in my life, so a lot of things about them irk me. XD I can usually look past those things for all the positive though, keeping to myself mostly. So I've been able to manage it pretty well so far.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
The thing most Christians fail to think about when it comes to sin is that the belief is everyone is born with sin. Though they don't like to imagine that they themselves are sinners, because they are listening and following like they believe they should. When they say a gay man or woman is a sinner, people fail to realize that they are sinners themselves.

::Shop::
Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah I guess the whole ignorece is bliss thing happens for them.
If I ignore that it wraps around to me too, then I'll be more happy wrapping it around others.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote        
I truly hate that sort of thing as well, although two of the biggest for me are Christian hypocrisy and radical faminism.

When it comes to Christians hating homosexuals, claiming it's a sin, saying God hates them, etc., they're being more Jewish than Christian. The bit against homosexuals is from Leviticus, in the Old Testament, which the Torah shares. But following that means you're ignoring Jesus's message of love and tolerance, and isn't following Jesus what separates Christians and Jews? It gets worse, too, since they're actually picking and choosing rules from the same guy: Leviticus also says that any woman on her period is unclean, and should go out into the desert to purge herself. Now, how many people actually do that today?

Radical feminism is also an irritant for me. Feminism originally started as women pushing to have the same rights as the men. Yet, radical feminism doesn't so much want equality as gender reversal: they want power over men. And to me, that's just as wrong as men having power over women. Equality is what's needed, not a reversal.

Too many people believe that only those with the same viewpoint are good, 'clean', or equal. It's a horrible holdover from the original tribal 'us versus them' mentality, and people believe that only those who think the same way as they do are as worthy of respect, or even basic human rights.