Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Kyoki Faust

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote        
Well. I'm not too good at joining a pre-existing roleplay, so usually I have to join one in the start or be directed to one that wouldn't mind people popping in.

So, anyways, this is something quite simple. I'd like to start a fantasy roleplay. The time and era is something that isn't set in stone, though one that has always attracted me is the Feudalistic Japan where the different lords were warring for control of the entire country. I was thinking that, like Sengoku Basara, a few more fantasy elements could be added.

Though, the fact that Sengoku Basara had a mech and a person who could absorb souls seemed a bit odd. I'd like to veer a bit away from the mech idea, since it is a past time period. But the different abilities of people interested me.

So, with that idea, it would probably be that we'd select a few Lords and people would join them, and things like that. The lords would have to want to control the land, either by themselves, or with a strict and small alliance. It would be cool as well to incorporate each lord having to send out their Ninjas (Sengoku Basara had lords take in and pay ninjas from neutral clans to be messengers, guards, and assassins) to watch borders and such, but that seems odd for a single topic in a forum.

But that's just a starting idea to throw out there. If anyone else has any ideas, that would be nice. ^^i
It would be nice if people wanted to join it at all, since I come up with bad rp ideas...

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
I think it's a great idea to jump from. I rather like the feudalistic Japan era as a time frame, and playing war lords might be quite interesting! Each of them having their own unique abilities would of course make it a bit more interesting, but I agree the whole mech thing might be overdoing it.

Perhaps just mild abilities like one having telepathy or something could make it have a more fantasy base? Or there just happen to be fantasy creatures involved. but that's all just random banter on my part. Either way, this might be quite nifty!

Kyoki Faust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote        
I like the mythical creatures, and I was thinking of perhaps clan-based abilities, such as one might have the ability to turn invisible or something like that, but it only shows up in the Lords and his highest servants.

As for jumping in, I'm simply a tad awkward when it comes to talking to other people when I'm new to a website.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
Ooooh! A fantastic idea! Clan specific and rare abilities would make it interesting. Perhaps in some clans, that ability is what leads you to being a leader? Iunno, but it sounds pretty nifty!

Trust me, I understand that feeling. For the longest time, group roleplays scared me to begin with. They still make me timid, but I feel more at ease here since so many nice people are here and it usually isn't too fast paced, so you don't get lost as easily. But take your time. This new concept is pretty nifty anyway <3

Kyoki Faust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah. The leaders pick the ones with the strongest of their clan's ability to succeed them would be rather cool. Something like that.

I don't do too well in crowds, and atop that, this is my mother's laptop, my brother broke mine. So if I'm not allowed to use it for a day, I might be nervous to pop right back into a big roleplay. If it's my own, or I started from the beginning, it wouldn't bother me.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
Hehe, I get nervous about that type of thing too, but things tend to be really slow on here for the moment. And you can always stick to small RPs or one on ones if they make you more comfortable anyway~

CrystalLD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote        
Me! Happy
I wanna join too ^^
It sounds really interesting and fun and I already have a character idea in my head :3