Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Ekqo

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:33 pm Reply with quote        
Making stuff with your hands can be the funnest thing ever! What do YOU like to make? Is it more artistic, or more functional? Do you sell what you make or keep everything? Do you have an Etsy shop? This thread applies to fabrics, other textiles, papercraft, knitting, crochet, and other forms of craft!

I'm Ekqo! I recently learned how to knit and make books, and I like making books the most. My Etsy is here. I can make sketchbooks and notebooks, and hope to make hard cover books over the summer. I like to sell what I make, because I'm a big enough pack rat as it is and I like to make things for people.
shiro+

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote        
Your books look so cool! I especially like the address book, it's so cute >w<

I've tried making stamps once.... out of potatoes xDD It was the funnest thing ever. Until the potatoes started growing mold because I didn't want to throw them out lol.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:42 pm Reply with quote        
Lovely little books you got there ^^

Let's see... I started like most kids, doing little crafts at school or during school breaks with my mom and aunt. The only different thing I learned to do was origami, although I don't remember much of it. Only how to make a crane... I think...

I learned how to sew at 13 or so (by hand and with a sewing machine), and how to cross-stitch/ embroider stuff about at the same time. One of my aunts does a lot of crafts, and she taught me how to do a bunch of things, from stuffed animals to pattern for Halloween costume or clothes. I used to make teddy bears out of a recycled fur coats, and various other things. I still have some stuff I need to finish though.

I tried to learn to knit, but meh, my brain doesn't like it, and my hands hurt if I do it for too long. However, I recently started to crochet things, a week ago or so, and I really like it. For now, I'm concentrating on amigurumi, basically Japanese crochet stuffed toys or dolls. It's really easy to do once you've understand the basics, and quick too.

For now I'm not selling anything, mostly because I don't have the time/energy/skills to do something good enough to sell (yes, I'm a perfectionist XD). Maybe some day, although I think I'll probably continue to do crafts just for fun. Big Grin

superbinka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:51 am Reply with quote        
I do a lot of knitting and sewing, and am hoping to switch my elective subjects so that I can do textiles. I tend to go overboard with my knitting projects and end up googling complicated stitches late at night because I underestimated the skill level required for something.