Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote        
About the Competition

The Competition takes place every 25 years. Participants come from all over the world to compete for a chance to gain the prestigious title of Champion, along with the mysterious prize that come with it. Very little information is known about the Competition, except a few little things that the rumors may have exaggerated. Firstly, nobody really knows where the Competition came from, but it's been around for as long as people can remember. Secondly, the Competition is very, very important for the balance of the world. And finally, whoever wins it gains something wonderful.

People who are not lucky enough to participate in the Competition (or who are lucky enough to not participate?), can view the Competition on a special live-time broadcast, but only on the Island. The can also buy tickets to see the Competition at the Stadium.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote        
About the World

This role-play takes place in a modern day alternate universe. That basically means the world is as we know it, with the same technology level and relatively similar socio-politico-geographical definition.

The main difference between the role-play world and the real world is that some people in the AU have some special abilities, usually passed down within a family. Those abilities have been used for generation to gain power, help their country, or whatever else they felt like doing. The Competition appeared a long time ago, and most of the participants (and people who know about the Competition) come from those special families. Most, but not all.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote        
About the Competitors

The participants to the Competition are referred to as the Competitors. There is no known rule about who can enter the Competition, and everybody is free to send an entry form to the Administration, although only a few chosen individuals will be accepted. It's generally considered that people coming from old families, for example people whose family members have already participated in the Competition, and possessing special abilities have more chances of being chosen, but the Administration is known for making some strange choices at time.

As mentioned before, the Competitors often possess great abilities. Although not exactly above the human nature, they still show advanced skills in diverse domains. Some are more agile, or stronger than average, or possess great stamina. Some have learned special martial art moves. Some seem to think faster than everyone else. It is believed that the Administration chose people based on the skills they possess, or the ones they are believed to be able to develop later on, although the whole reason for this selection is difficult to know.
Siyue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote        
Hey Maeve, sorry I haven't responded to this thread in awhile, I completely forgot about it there for a bit! ><

What you've got so far sounds pretty awesome and reminds me of this book i just read, Throne of Glass! I can't wait for this to start. Do we need a set number of people to join before we can start?

Also, what determines who wins? I know some RP competitions like this could go on forever because people could just keep out-trumping each other lol

Anyway, I'm really excited for this! I can already imagine the world you've created Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
I've written up a character sheet for this thing at /least/ three times, but problems keep losing the buggering thing! I swear, I'll get it done soon...

Siyue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quote        
Hmmm, I totally didn't see the link in the first post for the actual RP thread D; That has so much info! -runs off to read-

Name: Mezza Fontaine
Abilities: Mezza is brilliant at ranged weaponry such as pistols, bows or even throwing knives. She has a knack for aiming and agility.
Special item: The Bow of Aradon, a magical bow created especially for her by her grandfather. It possesses magical abilities that, even though they take a lot out of her, can produce some chaos.
Special skill: Mezza has the ability to teleport small distances. Really, it's not teleporting but running very fast to a certain point. It's so fast that it looks like teleporting, however.
Short biography: Mezza Fontaine, a wealthy elven girl, was trained from a very young age to be a fighter by her grandfather, weapons master of her village. Her grandfather passed away a year ago and she is determined to earn the title of Champion as tribute to his memory.
Played by: Siyue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote        
Bah, I sorta forget about this too, with real life being even more annoying than usual... Duh

But now we're all back, so... Hai

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get some more info and things about the places and stuff (possibly only once the role-play starts though?). I'm gonna review some things and make some update later today or during the week-end though (just to make sure everything is alright).

And we don't really need a specific amount of people/characters to start, but I'd like, I dunno, 4 people or more, just to make sure things can keep moving at a good rhythm. But yeah, we could also start more quickly if there's not much activity and people around.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Aran Lightfoot
Abilities: Aran is a smooth talker, a fast runner, and a gifted thief. He's a second-storey thief, which means that he's really good at climbing. Fighting isn't his forte, but Aran can climb faster than some can run.
Special item: A gauntlet, old and made of steel, that has hooked claws. While it has no magical uses, Aran has found many practical applications.
Special skill: Aran is a spider. He can climb up almost sheer vertical surfaces, and can scuttle across a ceiling if he has decent enough handholds.
Short biography: Aran hails from a small desert town, and has been stealig since he could walk. Dubbed 'Lightfoot' for his tendency to not walk along the ground, Aran grew a reputation for being a ghost: nigh impossible to catch. Dreams of wealth and glory inticed him to join the Competition,
Played by: Malverne

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote        
This looks like a really interesting concept! I hope Vasreany is alright, I'm a bit worried that her 'power' might make her overpowered, when it's actually meant to occur rarely.

Name: Vasreany Syner
Abilities: Good stamina, decent speed, and high physical strength (however, that strength is all natural from working out).
Special item: A firey orb in an ornate gold setting, on a thin gold chain. This orb becomes full of fire while around Vas's neck, but turns clear when she takes it off. It suppresses her berserk form, keeping her as a relatively normal human. If she takes it off, the berserk form is unleashed.
Special skill: Vas has an uncontrollable berserk form where she warps into a bestial, bipedal shape with sharpened teeth and brutal claws. In this form, physical strength becomes immense, but speed decreases and she completely loses her mind, only suicidally attacking anything in her path until she collapses of exaustion or injury.
Short biography: Vas earned her living in fighting tournements, starting age 11. She has earned a reputation for being strong, brutal, and not very smart. Occasionally, some idiot opponent would remove her suppression orb while in the ring, which often resulted in the deaths of the opponent and several spectators. She has joined the Competition in search of a good fight, and the bragging rights that come with being Champion. She doesn't talk about what happened before her tourney battles.
Played by: KathiraNarae