Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic The Broken World - Ulian (Information and Character thread)
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
You know me and Keyla and Kin would be in.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote        
Let me read through it I think I did in the past but was still getting used to the site at that point in time and didn't feel up to joining to many rps at once. *goes to reread*

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote        
So...since you're starting over, would you be willing to take another new player?
Sweat

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote        
Oooooh!

I shall put my sheet up in a bit when I can access my compy.

Tell me if these two work for ya.

Username: Keylaleigh
Character Name: Ginnypher “Gin” Donner
Biography: When Ginnypher was born, she showed a love for the stage. Unfortunately, her small town didn't give her much to work with. She delighted when the traveling circus came through and went almost every night when they were in the area. This is where her two true passions came from: juggling and ventriloquism. Her family and most of her friends considered what she was doing to be foolish. They told her to stop pursing these dreams and instead focus on a path that could actually earn her some money as opposed to leaving her broke and starving. Despite the naysayers, she practiced these two arts intensely and became very accomplished at both of them with intention of joining the circus the next time it came around.
Unfortunately, it stopped traveling that year and she was stuck in her small town with two talents that wouldn't get her anywhere there. So she decided that there was only one thing to do: move to the city to make her living using her talents on the streets. She packed up her equipment and took a late train before anyone realized she was gone. When she made it to the city, she found that the trunk holding her dummy had been stolen. She went to a secondhand robotics store to try and find a replacement, as her old one was just an old drone shell, and she purchased a very interesting model. Little did she know she was purchasing more than a dummy that day...
Description: Gin tries to dress brightly to attract a crowd, and her hair is included in this dressing. She dyes it a different color every two months, and her current color of choice is turquoise. Other than that, she really enjoys the color pink and tries to use it as much as she can in all of her outfits, with cropped pink jackets and maroon tops under it with matching knickers. The reason she is so colorful is because she is otherwise too plain to be noticed, of average height and weight with no distinct features other than maybe a nose that's a little pointier than a normal nose.

Username: Keylaleigh
Character Name: Rummy
Biography: At one point, Rummy was Ronnie Blitzen, famed con artist and jewel thief. His preferred tactic was to woo rich ladies with false credentials and backgrounds. When he finally made it close enough to snag their wealth he would rob them blind and dump them on the spot. He did very well with this, coming in with a wink and a smile and leaving with a trail of false names, broken hearts, and full pockets.
For ten years he pulled off his stunts until one day he stole from the wrong girl. Her father was a powerful warlock and after Ronnie had finished his work with her, she went to him to get justice. When Ronnie woke up the next morning, he was suddenly in the body of a very small robot. This wasn't one of the killer ones that he had heard about, but a service bot that was only meant to last about ten years. With a severe limit on his life span, Ronnie decided to try and find the warlock, or one of equal power, to force him to give him back his human body.
He took a new name, Rummy, and hit the streets to find what he needed. Of course, nobody took him seriously and he was eventually picked up by a secondhand robotics dealer. He sat around the secondhand shop gathering dust for a few years before finally being picked up by a girl in need of a new dummy for her ventriloquist act. She got much more than she bargained for...
Description: Rummy is a small robot that is about two feet in height. He has spindly body, upper arms, and legs with bulky forearms and lower legs. His eyes appear to be black screens with red LCD patterns that show emotion and his mouth takes up half of his face in an unnervingly charming grin. His scrawny build is not seen because he is usually wearing a very nice maroon pinstripe suit over it. All good ventriloquist dummies can never be seen without a nice suit. Sometimes he likes to pair his suit with a stylish bowler hat and, when he is feeling incredibly dapper, a monocle. Because of the nature of his design, he has the strength of five men and can lift large boxes easily.

AFTER THEIR MEETING IN THE SHOP:

Ginnypher was surprised to find that the drone she thought was a shell was actually still functioning and not just that, but filled with the soul of a human. Unlike the others, she actually believed him when he told his tale and agreed to help him if he helped her in return by acting as her new dummy and occasional juggling prop. The two of them agreed to each other's conditions, and they became partners.

They have been working together for a little less than a year now, and while Gin has been doing very well with the bargain they made, they have still not found someone powerful enough to put Rummy into a human body yet. With his fifth year coming up, he is starting to get a little frantic in his search, and Gin is being dragged along for the ride.

Kinslayer6788

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
Im coming up with a concept right now, although Mal has been trying to convince me to be a glowing Gnome.
Maverik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry for being slow and ... slow. ;-;
But yus, New people welcome! It'll have a new thread and everything; I'm just keeping the setting and general premise. I'll also edit the character post for all the new people instead. Yay roleplays!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote        
Dude. Gnome glowstick. That's just perfection.

Name: His real name isn't pronouncable by humanoids, so he goes by Skylar.
Appearance: Here's a picture of him. Skylar's humanoid form is built much like an elf: tall, lean, without much bulk, and pointed ears. However, instead of the traditional pale or tan elven skin, Skylar is dark gray. His hair, messy and short, is stark white, and his eyes are very light grey. His body is covered with arcane tattoos, lines crawling up and down his limbs following lines of energy within him. These tattoos are a pale blue, but flash white when Skylar is casting magic. The most visible ones are those on his arms, which follow his muscles and veins, reaching down onto the index and middle fingers on his hands, as well as a small coil on his palms. There are also some visible lines on his neck that are not obscured by his clothes. Skylar wears loose linen pants and a padded vest, with dark leather armor on top. He has no shoes, preferring to just wrap his feet with rough cloth. On his wrists are his magical bracers, holding his humanoid form together. These are silver, set with a smoky purple jewel, and are the most ornate thing that Skylar wears.
In his true form, Skylar becomes a ten foot tall storm elemental, with a conical body composed of whirling storm clouds and lightning, with glowing white eyes. Like this.

History: Skylar was born a storm elemental, a living chaotic manifestation of storms, a creature of magic. From the time of his birth, like all of his kind, Skylar has been able to manipulate magical energies to create storms and their various components. Elementals of all types mature very quickly, reaching adulthood within a few years of their creation then remaining an adult for eons, but for some reason, Skylar didn't mature into adulthood. He was bored with his home, and decided the best thing to do would be to leave the Nimbus, the name of the massive floating node of magical energy that houses the storm elementals, and travel along the Earthen Level to see the Landbound and to basically go on a long road trip. He landed about a month ago, and has just managed to understand the concept of table manners!

Kinslayer6788

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote        
here you go, Abraxis is here! yes he may or may not be a Gnome Glowstick.

Username: Kinslayer6788
Character Name: Abraxisthefortyseventhsonofusherandtrowlewhocreatedtheselfexplodingtoiletseat….ect
AKA- Abraxis

Biography: Abraxis is not like normal gnomes; his inventions actually work although not always when he wants them to. His father on the other hand has a knack for blowing up everything in the 10 mile radius, including in one case Abraxis. His body was beyond redemption so Abraxis, with the tech that was allowed to him on his death bed, rebuilt himself from the ground up. He obviously made some tech upgrades to the normal cyborg like suit. He made himself stronger, and have some nice weapon systems. He also put in some useful gadgets. Only problem, they don’t always work like he wants them to. Especially his built in flashlight. Soon after he left the family home and headed out in the world to start a traveling road show.

Description: Abraxis stands 3 foot 3 inches and has dirty blonde hair. He has bright blue eyes filled with the normal gnome inquisitiveness. His body is half metal half flesh. Starting at the top: Head is about 50/50. Eyes are real but nose and mouth are metal. His left arm and right leg are fake, as well is right shoulder. His clothes are a general gnome traveling outfit and he always wears a hat with a feather in it. If asked he swears it is a griffin feather, but no one is sure.
Maverik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm Reply with quote        
Rawr! Sorry for being so slow, but now that I'm done my exam-y stuffs, I should be able to turn this into an actual thing again!

So yeah... ;-; imaderpattimes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote        
Username:KoyiTar
Character Name: Mirendie Chaos

Biography: Mirendie grew up as most half dragons do shunned by most people except for her mother. When her mother died however Mirendie began to travel about doing odd jobs here and there for the people that would have her around. Which weren't many due to the trouble she caused at times. In fact it became kind of a habit for her to cause trouble not anything too bad mostly badly timed pranks here and there all in good fun. Which earned her the full name of Mirendie Chaos. Occasionally when she is short on money and can find no other jobs she will rip off some of her scales to sell in order to get food.

Description:Mirendie is about 5"4' her hair is black and kept cut farely short. Her eyes are brown with gold looking flecks in them. She mostly looks human aside from her four foot long tail, small horns on her forehead and scales on her shoulders, elbows, knees and clawed hands and feet. She also has scales along her back but those are mostly covered by the clothing she wears. Which isn't much a black tank top, short leather pants and a light traveling cloak is all she usually has not really requiring any weapons aside from her own claws and teeth and fire breath if she so chooses to use it.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
I'd be interested in joining this. Quick question, how many years has it been between now and when the wars stopped? I have a character concept in mind, but the longer it's been, the better...
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote        
I'm interested too. I'm not sure if my character is okay or not, though. If it isn't, I'll switch to another character I had in mind...Though I'd want the twin for that one if I use it...I have lots of characters, so it's not a big deal. Anyway, my character in question~

Quote:
Username: Juneberry
Character Name: Sachi

Biography: Sachi comes from a unique race of people. Though she gets hungry, she requires no food to live, and she doesn't die from sleep deprivation either. In fact, she cannot die unless stabbed by a specific blade, which only one human can weild. Sachi has gone throughout her life searching for this incredible person. She tires of this everlasting life, and longs for the pure heart that can finally end the boredom she'd come to face. Someone who is pure of heart, who can fulfill her wish...Yet no one has yet to believe her, claiming it just a fairy tale. So, her true wish is to either find that person...Or the truth beyond whether this life she's lived is a lie.

Description: Sachi has a youthful appearance, having lost her ability to age upon her late teenage years. She is of average height for a girl at just about half past five feet. Her hair is a carrot's color, her eyes the crimson of a demon's bloodlust. She rarely smiles, and prefers dark and neutral colors to cover her body, feeding into her lonely boredom and depression. Her body is covered in scars from various injuries over her life that healed enough to be safe to move around again. No matter what she wears, she always carries her special dagger in a sheath of leather, waiting to remove it for the last time.