Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
colonel cadaver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote        
On my arm from work. A pan tapped my arm a little bit and it seared my flesh bit just in a small deep oval.

What work injuries have happened to you? Weeeee

This is Drai. Please dress him up then pm me the result so I can put it on my profile. I wanna see what people come up with. ;3
fickle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote        
ive banged handled door knobs on my hip before, sort of on the back. it hurt. ive closed my fingers in the doors too.

yeah, i think my hips are the most vulnerable place at work, i bump it every now and then.

Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote        
Ooh, burns suck. I've melted vinyl gloves to my fingers on a grill, burnt my arm on a different grill and sliced my finger pretty good with half of a pair of scissors. Yay for years of working in fast food. xD; I've also fallen and dislocated my kneecap at work, but that had less to do with the workplace and more with my shitty knees. Neutral
colonel cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 am Reply with quote        
fickle wrote:
Ahhh! I know exactly what you mean! Then the pain lingers for like, a couple minutes. Especially after hitting a corner!

This is Drai. Please dress him up then pm me the result so I can put it on my profile. I wanna see what people come up with. ;3
colonel cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:52 am Reply with quote        
Sly wrote:

Oh my gad. Are your arms all scarry now? What's wrong with your knees? :C

There's a girl at my work who always slices up her fingers from knives or burns herself. The other day she was peeling carrots with a serrated knife... pulling it towards her, blade facing her... She told me that's how they do it in Japan (blade pulled towards you) but I gave her a paring knife, scolded her a bit, and told her if she's gonna do it, have at 'er but do it carefully. >3>;

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
Carpel Tunnel. I have no good work injury stories. -.-
fickle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote        
yeah ive had bruises for a couple days or so. i havent had anything worse than that Weeeee

i worked in a kitchen once, i was asked to cut an onion. i couldnt do it. i found out i was more sensitive to it than most people. i teared up so much, i couldnt see past the tears, my eyes were bloodshot, my sinuses stung, and i produced a lot of mucus. green onion, to a lesser extent, affects me too.

and i guarantee no one will talk to you wearing these:
http://www.tektek.org/avatar/54345016
http://www.tektek.org/avatar/54344888

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
God, I was a seafood chef, line cook, waiter, personal chef, and catering company co-operation/owner, so I've had my fair share of burns, cuts, blisters, and various other injuries. However, almost all my scars are from stupid stuff, like bike crashes and trying to fix a shelf at home.

Peril

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote        
Ouch. o__o I just work in an office, so paper cuts are probably the worst of my injuries, lol. Hopefully I never work in a kitchen. I am so clumsy that burning or cutting myself is probably the first thing I'd do. ><

Peril is also Zillah.
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote        
Most of my wounds and scars are from my cats...I once sprained my ankle in the middle of a marching band competition, though, carrying a bass drum off the field at a full sprint...And throughout my 17 years, I've obtained...4 concussions, I think. 3 of which were my own fault. None of them are sports-related. They're all stupid. I've got one scar that wasn't my fault, though. Or, well, it's not a scar yet, but it will be. It's about an inch and a half long, and up by my right collarbone.

My brother's got a small mark on his wrist that he'll have forever from when he was burning duct tape and a little chunk got stuck to his skin. He's only 13, and has far more marks and stuff than I do. Mostly because, though very accident-prone, I'm careful. He's just reckless.
realAniram

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
I've gotten a minor chemical burn from my only job. I was a housekeeper and I guess I just wasn't careful enough and I got some on my forearm. It was annoying and itchy in that burned slightly painful way for a few days but nothing too bad.

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
Weiss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:19 am Reply with quote        
I've accidentally sliced the back of my, the part that's cm above my ankle. it happened when i was wearing plasric slippers, the heel slid on the steps which were made from tile, my grandma happened to have a few ties there since she's constantly building or adding on to her house and it slices in. Luckily there was a nice lady arund who had disinfect Weeeee since the tiles were extremely dusty...