Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote        
What are the most familiar emotions for you? Does that reflect or personality, or your life events?

Two familiar emotions for me are frustration and apathy... Although apathy probably shouldn't count here. :P But I consider it an emotional state. I separate frustration from anger because, for me, anger is pretty explosive. Frustration is more bitchy.

One other familiar emotion is random giddiness. It's different from regular giddiness because I only get this feeling for a split second, over very specific things. Sometimes it's laying down for bed when I'm really tired, or covering up with a warm blanket. It bubbles up like a burp and disappears just as quickly as one, too. It doesn't happen too often, but it's unique enough to feel familiar... If that makes any sense. ^^;

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote        
I would definitely keep frustration and anger separate... especially because frustration can manifest in many different ways. For me it kind of starts at annoyed/bitchy but if it goes on long enough I sort of break down and just start crying, and everything becomes difficult... even opening a can of spagettios. xD

I would say the emotions I'm most familiar with are contentment and loneliness. Most of the time I am content with what I am doing, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that I was happy. I'm often lonely over the summer, because I spend most of my days alone in my room. It creates an empty feeling, and sometimes it combines with... guilt over my laziness, I guess too? It's most unenjoyable regardless. :I

And then when I'm doing things I enjoy with others, or reading or maybe playing a game I get the lovely happy/mindless feeling when I stop thinking and just have fun. ^^; I would say that they do reflect... well, maybe not my personality, but my state of mind at least. I have a difficult time relaxing around others but when I do it can be more enjoyable than relaxing alone sometimes.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
I actually don't get lonely very often... I can't even remember the last time I felt that. I spend most of my time alone, but when someone tries to infringe on that alone time, I get bitchy as hell. XD

Contentment doesn't come to mind often for me... hmm... occupied is probably more accurate. It's not necessarily a feeling, but I can't really name the feeling that comes with it. Just chatting online or playing a game - anything to keep me out of my head. I guess that's similar to your mindless feeling.

Revolushion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote        
Due to a hormone imbalance, I'm familiar with almost all the emotions. xD I can get happy, depressed, frustrated as heck, angry, giddy, melancholy, apathetic, etc. within a single day, and it only takes one small event to completely turn my mood around.
It isn't an actual bipolar or whatever else disorder or anything - it mostly has to do with the fact that I used to have my "monthlies" for an entire month straight... it kind of screwed up my entire system. When I was a Kid I was just happy and shy constantly. I miss those days... xD

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote        
I don't think the having various emotions throughout a day is that unusual, twin. I get that way sometimes too! But perhaps just as manny as you have is the issue...Then again, I too have hormone imbalance- only my imbalance caused the opposite of what you had with your er...'monthlies', and I stopped having them for over 9 months. And no, I was not having a baby >:c

For me, I've had a variety of emotions, but the most common one is anxiety...Though I don't know if that should count, since I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder with panic attacks. But I really am almost always nervous. I also have a tendency towards depression, frustration, boredom, happiness, giddiness, etc. I don't get 'angry' very often, or at least don't tend to show it. I'm one of those people who bottles everything up until one day I explode of the blue. So be wary with me of flaming bits of random rage and crying. And raining brains. I'm easily confused xP

I also noticed I'm a very empathetic person, though. If someone near me has a different mood than me, I easily end up adjusting into their mood t some degree awkwardly. If they're sad when I'm bubbling with happiness, I'll slowly become sadder and sadder. If they're mad, I get frustrated for no apparent reason sometimes. But it's mostly the sadness issue. I'm easily upset by the sadness of others. ;-;

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote        
My automatic emotion would probably be suspicion. Not in a paranoid conspiracy way. More just for practical applications. Experience has shown that there are usually at least two or three reasons that anyone does or say anything. I always seem to ask myself "what prompted them to say or do that?"

It is often simple things like my brother asking "how much is gas selling for today?" meaning "can I borrow your car, how much gas is in the tank, and will I have to fill it up before returning it?" But a lot of the time the reasons behind what people say or do aren't so obvious. I try to avoid reading newspapers because I always try to read between the lines or guess at the authors real agenda. I do enjoy reading the comics though.

The real problem about this is I tend to do it to myself also. If I'm driving to work behind a slow car and I start to get annoyed I start asking why am I annoyed? I'm not going to be late and do I really want to get to work earlier than necessary? So am I angry at that driver ahead of me or something else? Although the process isn't always as calm and simple as I just made it sound.
Marquise Ishalli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
For me it'd be love since i have been in and out of it a few times, and regret, because i'm stupid and do dumb things i regret later.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote        
My most familiar emotions are... Worry, irritability, bored, mistrust, and.. childish? Is that an emotion? Probably not.

I always worry about everything, even silly little things that may or may not happen and normal people shouldn't really worry about.

Irritable because well... People are f***ing annoying. Like This Morning, they'll go on about people having bad body image and being really upset about it, and then they'll do a fashion run with stick model women. LIKE YOU'RE HELPING. F***ing stupid two-faced dip-s***s....

Bored 'cos bored.

Mistrust... People aren't trustworthy. The bottom line is you never know what's going on in someone's head. I could be having a nice conversation with mum and getting on really well but she could really be thinking - I wish this annoying person would shut up and go away.

Childish... Because PIKMIN PLUSHIES! And scaring people by attacking them with a giant teddybear!

Overall I'm not that much of a happy person, and that kinda proves my mistrust thing - 'cos on here I come across as a cheerful annoying little git. Sorry to burst that bubble lol

JOLLY COOPERATION!