Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Welcome to the Stadium: Looking for players/see OOC for info
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote        
~: Welcome to the Stadium! :~

The large banner is floating in the wind above the participants’ entry, calmly moving in the breeze, contrasting with the vibrant energy that slowly fills the stadium. You can hear a massive crowd moving around and above you, thousands of footsteps and voices trying to find their place in the stadium.

After what seems like an eternity, the decorated gates blocking your way start moving, and you hear a loud, amplified voice that repeats the same word:

“Welcome to the Stadium!”

You instinctively move forward, entering the Stadium, and wait with anticipation for what is to come. The Competition has begun!

Maeve

General Rules
  • Follow Midorea’s rules and ToS. I’m putting this here because I always do, but I guess the main thing I’d like you to remember is that Mido is a (mostly) PG-13 site. So, no excessive violence or sex or drugs or things like that, ok?

• Be respectful. This is a game, remember?

• This thread is for role-play only. If you’d like to discuss something, use the OOC thread. It’s there just for that purpose.

• If you don’t play by the rules, I have the right to kick you out of the game. I’m hoping this won’t happen.

• I can modify the rules or add new ones at any time.

Role-Play Rules
  • You can only join the Competition during the first round. Once that period is over, you will not be able to enter the Competition.

• You may however be allowed to join as a non-participant character (i.e. a character that doesn’t take part in the Competition, but can appear in between rounds and things like that). PM me if you’d like to play a non-participant character.

• Players can only have 3 characters. In the eventuality that all your characters are wiped out of the Competition, you may be allowed to have another character.

• You’ll need to fill the entry form below to enter the Competition, and post it here. It’ll be review to make sure you fit in the Competition. You can start playing before it has been approved, but keep in mind that I could ask you to modify some things.

• During the role-play, I (or somebody I allowed to) will use a dice roller to determine what happens. The (numeral) results will be posted in the role-play, along with a description of what those numbers mean. You are then expected to play with those results and incorporate them in your game. For example, if the roll says you barely pass a certain obstacle, you should post something along that line, and not say that you have passed it brilliantly.

• Some dice rolls may results in temporary or permanent incapacity to stay in the Competition. If that happens, you will have to follow those results too. Note that, if your character is eliminated, but not dead, you can still play with him during the periods between rounds. He just cannot come back to the Competition (permanently or for a limited time).

Competition Rules
  • The Competition will consist of 8 rounds.

• Each round is different than the precedents, and will test may abilities.

• Finishing most rounds will give you points. 10 points will go to the winner, 9 to the second, 8 to the third, etc. Everybody who finishes gets at least a point.

• Winning a round may also result in an advantage for the next round.

• Failure to finish a round may get you eliminated, or will result in a penalty for the next round.

• Some rounds may also result in serious injuries or death, which will cause your elimination. After all, the Competition isn’t made for the fun of its participants.

• Between rounds, the participants will stay at the Castle.

• During those resting periods, it is forbidden to do anything that would result in the elimination of another participant. People found guilty of doing that will be brought to the Stadium to face punishment.

• At the end of the competition, the winner will receive the title of Champion, as well as a special prize.

• The Competition is a periodic event and will eventually come back.

Maeve

Entry Form

To join the Competition, you will need to fill the following form and post it in the OOC thread.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] ((of the character))
[b]Gender:[/b] ((male, female, or whatever else you want))
[b]Age:[/b] ((no kids allowed))
[b]Abilities:[/b] ((what are you good at))
[b]Special item:[/b] ((one, and only one, special thing your character always carries with him; can be pretty much anything))
[b]Special skill:[/b] ((one, and only one (for now), special trick your character can do))
[b]Short biography:[/b] ((think of a small summary that would be used for all the presentation and information thingie the Competition makes))
[b]Played by:[/b] ((your username))

Participants
Quote:
No one yet...

Maeve

Time Line and Summary

Before the Start: The administration of the Competition is reviewing all the applications sent. The participants who have been accepted are anxiously awaiting the beginning of the event inside the walls of the Castle. News from the administration, and from the exterior too, are pretty rare, but the rumors says that everything will start soon.

Round 1: Information about the first round will be announced later.

((will add the rest when we get there))
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote        
Reserved in case we need something.