Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote        
Yes, after disappearing for god only knows how long (I haven't been able to keep track, but it's got to have been a month or two by now...) I have returned.

Short version of my story: life sucks.

Long version:
My puppy almost died, again; I have been having stress-induced breakdowns at work; My body isn't absorbing the vit. B12 that I'm already deficient with, which means if I don't START, I'm going to die in around 10 years... but my doctor decided to move without letting any of her patients know, and now her old place wants $55 that I cannot afford in order to transfer our files to the new location, which is on the other end of the city.
Oh, and I might have had a very minor heart attack... at age 20. Y'know, no biggy.
So, I needed to rant. And I missed all you guys. And I need stress relief before facing work today. And... yeah. Anyways.

If anyone likes, I'd be glad to discuss:
Anyone ever experience a heart-attack before? Do they scare you?
Have you guys lost a close pet before? I just know I'm going to have trouble coping. Any tips or advice?

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote        
I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling so much. :/ Hopefully we can provide you some comfort or support - or, at least a brief distraction.

I haven't lost a close pet since I was tiny, although I know it will be coming soon. I did find some kittens by my house a few years ago, and I raised them (with their mother) for a few months. I gave one of them and the mom to a woman who volunteers with animals and seemed to know what she was doing, but the kitten that I gave her passed away. I was heart-broken, and the best that I could do was distract myself as much as possible while the wound healed. I blamed myself a lot for giving him to her, because the two kittens that I kept and the one that we gave to someone else were just fine. It's hard when a young animal that you care about passes. Sadly, I don't think there's a lot you can do. You just have to forgive yourself and keep pushing through.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote        
Aw shucks. Losing pets is always awful. Luckily none of ours have died recently, except for a few fish (though forming emotional bonds with fish is a lot more difficult, so it wasn't too bad). One of our chickens seems to be going a bit senile though, and one of our cats has been showing signs of growing old, and is growing more and more fragile, so I'm worried about her.

Heart attacks and heart diseases, they terrify me. My dad has high blood pressure, so he is at risk of heart problems. HBP can also be hereditary. I'm scared of getting a heart attack or some problem while young.

How does having vitamin B12 deficiency affect you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote        
Do you have pernicious anemia then? B12 deficiency can mess with your heart rhythm causing palpitations. Sad

You're puppy is still alright though, yeah?
Yokuutsu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote        
Were you on pills or shots?

Because if you were on pills, try shots. They'll wear off towards the end of the month, but it's better than nothing.

I had a deficiency until I started on pills which is why I suggest this (they warned me I'd be on shots if the pills didn't work)