Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Naro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote        
Doctor Zhivago for acaDEC

Elizabetta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote        
I'm currently reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Titan's Curse. It's my third time reading it, the first and second times were a few years back.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote        
I'm currently finishing up Red Dragon and am thinking of reading Silence of the Lambs again afterwards. Been on a Thomas Harris kick lately. Sweat
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote        
I'm currently reading Uglies at a friend's suggestion. It's agonizingly slow. -.-
Kail_Thander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote        
I'm reading The Rook by Daniel O'Malley. It is a surprisingly good read and I suggest it to anyone looking for a supernatural series.
Asterus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:22 pm Reply with quote        
I'm reading this book I found at a second-hand paperback store, "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. It's... odd.
Zillah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote        
I'm halfway through Logicomix, which is not actually a book but a graphic novel about the origins of modern mathematics told through the voice of the mathematician Bertrand Russell. And it's pretty amusing.

This is how I know I'm a nerd.
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:36 pm Reply with quote        
@ Zillah: Actually, that sounds pretty interesting! Oh wait, guess that's just make me a nerd too...

I'm re-reading the whole Harry Potter series. Long story short, I had the first three books since forever ago, but they disappeared? (guess I lended then to someone and they never came back Neutral), so at the end of the school year I decided to buy one of those nice box set:

So I've been re-reading all the books during the summer, slowly (1-2 chapters per evening) so they lasted until now, but I'm almost done with the Deathly Hallows... Guess I'll have to find something else to read for the rest of the summer. I always loved coming back to certain books after some time and noticing some things I had missed or just didn't care much about the first time, so this has been pretty fun.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, you're a fast reader, Maeve. I could maybe only get through two of those books a summer (assuming I didn't aim for a certain amount of chapters each night).

I just started reading Divergent on a long bus ride yesterday (3.5 hours). I love it. I think the main boy interest is old enough that I can have a crush on him and not feel like a pedophile. lol
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote        
I'm currently reading through the Hunger Games again, just finished Catching Fire and started on Mockingjay. Not sure how I started reading them again, but before that it was Interview with a Vampire. Which is pretty good! Just couldn't finish it, maybe later.

That's all right now.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
flare0079

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote        
I am reading His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik
stazzy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote        
I'm reading Oliver Twist for school, and Wuthering Heights in my own time. I always love re-reading some of Roald Dahl's books for children, but recently I've been starting some of his work for adults. Very funny, very creepy.
I'm also reading the Encyclopedia of Feminism, it's very interesting and enjoyable but I hardly get time to pick it up between school and Emily Bronte!
superbinka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:28 am Reply with quote        
I've been halfway through Les Mis for what seems like years, just read the Uglies trilogy-plus-one, and Where the Streets Had a Name by Randa Abdel-Fattah.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote        
I am reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I love dystopian books and this one is pretty good so far. I can easily see it transformed into a movie version if it hasn't already been.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote        
Well, if I can ever find the time I will read the last book of the Artemis Fowl series, but till then I've started on Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. Not far enough yet to say how good it is though. >.<;
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next