Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
TechnoVibe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
I know the battle system is being heavily edited at the moment, but I think a few stat categories need to be added.. The biggest two are Speed and Accuracy. Speed determines who gets the first strike in a battle and how successful an escape attempt would be, while accuracy could determine how frequent you land hits ( which would help bare-handed combatants immensely.. )

A few other suggestions: Critical Rates, for magic and physical..
Elemental Resistance and Strengths, to help with fighting monsters of a different element ( or , make it more challenging if that element is effective against yours! ).. That's all I can think of at the moment.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote        
Hi! Thank you for continuing to give us your feedback. I hope that my response isn't too long-winded.

Unfortunately, I've been tasked with the job of working with the framework for the battle system that we already have. I don't have any knowledge of coding, so I can't add in any new features - only bring out the best of pre-existing ones.

However, we do have a coder on staff who may be able to work on some of your suggestions, like speed and accuracy. I do remember reading that flee rates are based on dice rolls, so it may be possible to change that and add in some sort of function dealing with dexterity... Of course, that's just my own idea. I don't know if that sort of thing can be implemented. Critical rates may be able to be adjusted, too. I remember reading about those as well.

Our system is wonky in that magic resistance and defense actually have more to do with dodge rates than actual defense. Again, though, it may be possible to change that with some work. For my project, however, I can only work with what I'm given.

I guess this is what I'm getting at: I don't have the knowledge or skill to implement these ideas, but I will have the dev draw on this when he looks at the battle system in the future. I guess you could call my part of this project phase one of the battle system overhaul and his part phase two. I do want to tell you though that his part of the project will take much longer to push out than mine, so we won't be able to see those changes for a while. Not only is his part more extensive, but he also has other obligations around the site to deal with as well. Your suggestions won't be ignored, but you won't be able to see them in the next battle system announcement.

Luckily, elements have already been planned out for my project! May I ask for your feedback (and the feedback of other members, of course) on one thing though? Say we have element A, which is strong against element B. What percentage of damage do you all think element A should deal against element B? What percentage of damage do you think that element B should deal against element A? I'm thinking something close to 120% and 70%, respectively, but I'd like to see what users have to say about it.

TechnoVibe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
I think anywhere from 30% to 80% more damage would be a good pick, depending on which elements are facing off. Elemental matches that make more sense, like Fire > Metal could do more damage than less obvious matches, like Poison > Bacon ( who wants to eat poison bacon, am I right? )
Likewise, some elements could be completely impervious to an elemental damage boost on another element, like, say, Energy would not get any damage boosts against earth, as earth is an insulator and electricity cannot flow through it very well. That's just my take on it, but yea.

:v And I was just making a suggestion, I personally don't have much of a problem with the battle system at all.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote        
TechnoVibe wrote:
I think anywhere from 30% to 80% more damage would be a good pick, depending on which elements are facing off. Elemental matches that make more sense, like Fire > Metal could do more damage than less obvious matches, like Poison > Bacon ( who wants to eat poison bacon, am I right? )
Likewise, some elements could be completely impervious to an elemental damage boost on another element, like, say, Energy would not get any damage boosts against earth, as earth is an insulator and electricity cannot flow through it very well. That's just my take on it, but yea.

I like that percentage!

TechnoVibe wrote:
:v And I was just making a suggestion, I personally don't have much of a problem with the battle system at all.

Also, Chu likes to be thorough with her explanations. :P

And just a note, since the battle is one click one hit from both. Speed isn't in a position to work right, it'd just be chalked up to a dodge chance in the end. Though I agree bare handed fighting needs to be improved :T

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I didn't get the impression that you were complaining or anything. ^^; Like Max said, I try to be really thorough. Again, I'm sorry if it bothered you.

And I'll keep your input in mind. Thank you.

TechnoVibe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote        
. 3 . No prob.