Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Music & Lyrics
ecco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote        
SO. im sure many of you are parts of fandoms - be it tv show related, books, movies, video games or whatever else. I'm sure many of you also have some "ships" or "OTPs" (or maybe brotps?)

this topic is just out of simple curiosity. often when we listen to music, whether it has lyrics or not, we identify with the song. most often about our own lives, or perhaps they remind us of people we know and things they have been through, if not ourselves.

but im sure we also think of fictional characters when we listen to music sometimes. do you have any any songs that remind you of pairings in fiction you like, specifically? that every time you listen you can't help but think of those characters, and their relationship (whether canon or fanon)

perhaps my "shippiest" song at the moment is "You Know Where to Find Me" - Imogen Heap (click!) - every time i listen to it (lyrics or instrumental version) i can only think of Katara and Zuko from Avatar. I'm not really sure why, but the moment i first heard it those two appeared in my head and wouldn't leave!

anybody else have songs like this? what ships for? and why, if you know?

inaralei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:52 am Reply with quote        
Shipping music! What a lovely way to put it.
Firstly, yes, I have it.
I'm a big shipper. I'm trying to think of what ship to limit myself to so I don't have word vomit. Hm.
Okay. I recently finished rereading the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. I'm a big shipper of the main character, Tessa, with both the boys she likes. But I lean towards Will? Anyway.
Madness, by Muse. It's perfect for them for most of the series (well, until things happen that are spoilery).
And Rose x the Doctor is Clarity by Zedd.

And I'm brain farting. I shall return eventually...
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
I'm a pretty big shipper too, and sometimes I ship people multiple times in the same fandom. xD It's hard to choose a good song though sometimes.

In my main fandom, Phi Brain...I tend to ship the main character, Kaito, with his childhood friend Rook. I think the first OP of the anime works as a shipping song for them.

I also ship a secondary character, Jikukawa...With apple juice. Seriously, he is almost never seen with apple juice, and he cherishes it to the point of concern. That song is definitely "Ringo no Biyori" by Rocky Chack >:o Though he goes well with Cube too. I feel weird thinking of it though sometimes. And I can't choose a song. Probably something techno thoug.

In terms of video games, I really ship a lot in Harvest Moon. For example, I really like the Main Character and Jamie in Magical Melody. And the song there, in my head, is Thinking of You by ATC.

Oh, and finally...When I hear Wings of Despair, I can't help thinking of Tsukasa and Subaru from .hack. >w<

Edit: One more I feel a need to add really bad. ;-; When I think of or hear The Sore Feet Song by Ally Kerr, I think of the main pairing in Eden of the East, Saki and Takizawa. Because they've gone way too far for insanity.

Siyue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote        
Bad Blood by Bastille for Caroline and Klaus in Vamp Diaries Happy

I think that's it for my ship song right now.

Oh maybe We Found Love (cover by Adam Stanton) for Elena and Elijah in Vamp Diaries.

Yeah... I like Vamp Diaries xD