Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Atraea

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote        
UPDATE:

Between getting sick for a week, catching up the next, and getting a new manager for our department this week, It's been absurdly busy. we're working extended hours this week to get caught up and prepare for temps and new, week-long training next week. Basically, with all that in mind, i don't know how busy I'll be. I know it's been forever since I posted and at this rate is will be november AGAIN before this arc is over xD. I'll try not to let it drag on too long.

Sorry, as always, about the wait :/

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote        
And as always real life sucks but it's far more important than an rp. We will always still be here waiting and watching and lurking and waiting. At least I will be I dunno about everyone else. But me I will be here waiting.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote        
I will also be lurking around the forums while waiting for something to reply to. Good luck with everything in the real world.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Atraea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
(report from the other ooc trhead)

Hey. So.

This will have to end.

I wish it didn't. I wish I could have the ending I wanted to have, wanted you all to have, with the crying and the music to listen to while you read and cry over people we made up.

But I don't think that will happen. For many reasons (life, work, family, maybe a health thing?), but the main reason is this, and I feel that I must be honest with all of you.

I just don't feel the urge to write anymore.

Okay it's out there. I don't feel the urge to write anymore. I don't think about my characters, and my characters interacting with your characters, and all the crazy nonsense they'd get up to with their powers and situations and what not. At least not like I used to. It's just...forgive the pun, but the magic isn't there anymore. My heart just isn't in it. And while again, there are many reasons for this, there is one that didn't dawn on me until recently.

Part of the reason I started this RP in the first place...you may recall that it began in the summer. I was in summer school. I had found this website, and found that this website had the kind of role-playing styles that I liked; more long-form, and story based. I hadn't done it in a long time, and after participating in a few, I started this one. Partially because it was a good idea that I wanted to flesh out, another because it was a way to pass the summer month while I was alone in Huntsville.

But as school started, and the semester wore on, this became more than just a story. It became an outlet. Jade, the first girl I thought of, was an outlet for all of my frustrations I was feeling at the time. And given her penchant for drinking, smoking, cynicism and asphodels, she came to more or less embody a lot of the regret I was struggling with at the time. I was struggling with my schooling, my choice of major that was leaving me dreadfully unfulfilled creatively, the steady and eventual loss of most of my drawing ability, and most importantly, my relationship.

And then, that relationhip ended. And while there was a bunch of brand new shit to come along with that, over time, the wounds healed, the feelings faded, and I was (mostly) happy. ANd by that same token, Jade changed. She had friends. She and her friends saved the day. She had a loving relationship. SHe was happy. All of the unresolved feelings that I manifested into Jade were resolved. She more or less fulfilled her purpose. And then there was Nephytis.

Nephytis deals with other emotions. She struggles with coming to the realization that she might be wrong, may have always been wrong, along with going through her own awakening as something more than a seductress archetype. At the time I really started writing and fleshing out nephytis was when I started talking with (and eventually dating) moptophero. I was struggling with the hurt of the old relationhsip, and trying to open up and establish a new one. At the same time I was going through my own awakening; as a feminist, as someone who was starting to embrace her ethnic background, someone who was growing up, who was finally starting to come to terms with the kind of person I was, and who I am still becoming.

And then, as always, life happened. With work brought routine. Routine dulled me. With routine brought a rut I couldn't shake. With a rut brought depression, and then post-depression, and with that came a numbness and drain of creativity. Creativity comes in short spurts, and barely lasts long enought a keep a plot moving. Nuke taking over was a welcome respite, but life has confronted him too, and he's not keeping up with this as much as he would like either.

Basically, it comes down to this: I've held onto this as long as I could, and I think it's time to just quit kidding myself and let it go. I say I'm going to write and I don't, I say the hiatus will be short and it's not. And it's not fair to any of you, who I feel like I've basically been teasing and dragging along while I flounder about, trying to get my shit together.

And who knows. Maybe this is jsut what being in your twenties is like; feeling unfulfilled, sollipsistic, and kinda pissed that so much money went into getting a piece of paper that gets you a job that really only requires a GED.

tl;dr, I've got a lot on my mind. And I don't think there is room for this in my life right now. And I don't know if there ever will be again. I won't say I'm not gonna miss it. Because I will. I made what is arguably the longest running rp on the site, had the honor of working with a group of incredibly talented writers and mentally storyboarding some of the most memorable plots and characters I've ever had the pleasure to write and read about, in any book, comic, or movie. And on top of that, I made some great friends as well. This rp, and you guys...it all came at a time where desperately needed it. I had thoughts and feelings and ideas I needed to express and work out, and this was a fantastic medium to express those in. But those feelings are mostly gone, and now I have new ones. Or probably more precisely, I expressed so many feelings that now I'm slightly empty and looking for something to fill the void that it left.

To everyone that I met, and that participated in this rp, thank you.

To anyone who just kinda sat back and read it, thank you for reading.

To anyone who was on the Advanced RP page and saw the thread at the top and was like, "...fucking 89 pages, what" thank you also, and I don't beleive it either.

And lastly, to the characters, and their respective incredibly talented writers:

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. I mean it. You've all helped me grow in ways I wouldn't have been able to on my own. I can honestly say that this is one of those expereinces where had I not had it, I honestly don't know what kind of person I would be had I not found this site and started this RP instead of just clickin' on through to the next site (probably woulda found tumblr sooner and who knows how THAT woulda turned out).

Thanks again. For everything.

-Atraea

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread