Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote        
(Because, as I said, I stink at titles)

A groan exited the girl's mouth. True, there were plenty of trees to keep her occupied on their way about the route, but that didn't mean she wasn't getting tired of being lost. The sea green hair under her hat was getting moist and knotted with sweat, bangs falling into her green eyes to keep her vision from being proper. As her vision blurred from the hair, she missed her footing, falling out of the tree she was in and atop the brown haired boy sadly below.

"Watch where you're going!" The boy grunted, flat on the ground with dirt scraping his chin. He clutched his hands into fists idly as the girl got off his back, before standing himself.

"Sorry, Li." Hiruka mused, a nervous laugh escaping her lips.

"Seriously, Hiruka, you're such a klutz! It's really annoying sometimes."

"It's not my fault it's really hot today! And you just have bad luck staying under the branch I'm on."

"Quit arguing you two! We still have a ways ahead to Eterna city. Quit your arguing and get back to walking like normal people." The boy sighed before passing them, the girl rushing to hug his arm.

"Hunter, slow down! The fun's in the journey, not the destination, right?" She giggled, smiling to the frustrated older male, the grin on her face a bit childlike a goofy.

Li huffed behind them, kicking at some dirt as he followed suit. Hiruka had always been clingy with Hunter. To her, after all, Hunter was family. Li couldn't quite butt into that. Instead, they always argued. But perhaps that just meant they were like siblings as well? She didn't deny him as a friend...That was a start, right?

"Yeah, I guess even an idiot can make a point sometimes." He laughed when Hiruka glared at him, smiling and running ahead. "But dawdling is for stupid people."

"Only stupid people call people stupid, Li!" Hiruka chased after him, leaving her older brother in her wake. Hunter sighed, his red hair falling in his face as he bent over to take a deep breath with his hands to his knees. This was going to be a long, tiring trip in Sinnoh. He was already regretting getting talked into joining in.

Revolushion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote        
"See, it's not that bad!" The taller of the two girls skipped merrily along the path, backwards. Her companion, a short, blond-haired girl, just nodded timidly as she clutched onto the excess sleeves on her far too large, grey hoodie. Caraway liked her loud companion; the girl, Kali, seemed really nice. It was just that Caraway didn't know what to say around her.

While she was carrying more weight in her Hiker's pack than Caraway could dream of fitting into her tiny purse, Kali was still walking faster and seemed no where near as tired. Her messy brown hair was falling out of her pony tail in droves, and her clothes and skin were filthy from the dust on the road - she even had a large smudge of dirt on her right cheek - but she positively beamed when she spoke. It made Caraway smile, too. That was part of the reason she had decided to leave her home with Kali - Caraway rarely smiled.

She had been sick for so long, and and only about a month earlier met her Budew, Ruellia. For whatever reason, when she had met Kali in the flower shop of Floaroma Town, Kali had taken an interest in her. She had asked Caraway so many questions, and talked about all her travels through the different regions. Caraway had been captivated.

When Kali found out Caraway had never stepped foot outside her hometown, she had invited Caraway to explore with her. Caraway had been hesitant at first, but something curious was stirring inside of her. She still remembered what her grandmother had said when Caraway had asked her about leaving with Kali.

"If it makes you happy, do it. Enjoy every second of life you have, Caraway - don't waste away in this place because you don't believe yourself capable."

And so, the two had set out together, Caraway packing her purse full of medication and some berries she had bought from the shop.

"How long until we reach Eterna City? Do you know?" Kali asked suddenly. Caraway just shook her head solemnly.

"You know, I don't bite. You CAN talk to me. I know you can talk. I've heard you." Kali prodded the girl in the shoulder jokingly. Caraway just mumbled hesitantly, "I- I know..." and gave a shy smile.

"Seems like we've been walking around in this forest forever. I'm bored!"

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote        
The forest was far easier for the group to navigate than the route. Just at the entrance alone, Hiruka seemed much more confident than her normal amount. Though boisterous and lively, the green-haired girl wasn't exactly known for ability to tell east from west. In fact, she was known for quite the opposite when it came to her abilities as a traveler! However, she was a pro with trees. They were her home, her life. Thus, she scurried into a tree's higher branches to look out towards the path ahead, looking for the best route to the exit.

A shiver went through her spine as splintering wood sounded below her. Li, quite distracted from the path below his feet, stepped on some sticks that had been left on the ground by nesting pokemon. The sound startled nearby birds, sending them into a frenzy about the treetops. Their fear made her head tinge, but even more so, their panic left her falling while finishing her lookout.

She hit the ground with a thump, groaning again. This was the second time in under ten minutes and change that she'd fallen from a tree, where she was usually at her most graceful. Her brother held a hand out to help her up, and managed to relax her awkward tension before she lead the way out. While walking, however, her eyes caught a glimpse of strangers, the sound of a troubled voice catching her attention. Boredom walking in the forest? It wasn't quite what Hiruka would call boring, but that made it sound as though the strangers were lost.

Seeing Hiruka's curiosity, Li rushed ahead and waved as he called out. "Hey, you two alright? You lost?" He was fairly energetic, much like his clumsy friend- if one could call their constant bickering friendship. "My friend here is pretty good at navigating forests, so we already have the route planned out to get to the other side. Are you headed to Eterna City?"

"Wait up, Li!" Hiruka called from behind, before lightly knocking on his head in a playful manner. From behind, the third of the trio was seemingly trying not to laugh at their obvious companionship. The dynamic between them was easily clear, though not easily told if healthy or not. "Please excuse him. We just heard you mention you were bored of walking around the forest for a long time."

"I think both of you need to be excused." Hunter mumbled, trotting up behind them. "You're just jumping to conclusions...Though I know your intentions are good, you shouldn't butt in willy nilly." The two who usually argued glanced at him as if what he'd said was strange, and he sighed. Well, the two did have times they could agree- just not often enough.

Revolushion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote        
Kali's eyes lit up when she heard someone drawn near, a smile breaking onto her face when they spoke. Caraway gasped in surprise and actually hid behind Kali like a small child.

"About time we met some strangers!" Kali cheered, "Yeah, we're headed to Eterna too - I'm new to this region, so I don't know all of the routes by heart yet, and I have always had trouble with forests - can't see the sun too easily from all the way down here."

While Kali was talking, Caraway peeked out from behind her to watch in slight fascination as the trio before them interacted.

"And actually, I'm glad you butted in. I always prefer traveling with a group! We would love to follow you out of here." Kali continued in her loud, boisterous voice, "Isn't that right, Caraway? ...Caraway?"

She noticed the trembling figure behind her for the first time, and just quirked an eyebrow before shaking her head and extending her hand.

"My name's Kali, by the way."

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote        
Hiruka giggled, smiling to both girls before her own little group. The energetic girl was easily noticed compared to Caraway hiding behind her, but Hiruka seemed curious about both of them. Hunter, however, was far more relaxed than Hiruka, and opted to introduce himself first. Hopefully, his less intimidating manner of exerting energy would calm the shy girl down before Hiruka began blooming with excitement.

"My name's Hunter. We're not actually from this region either, but we've been here separately once or twice each of us...Right?" He turned to look at Li. He knew he and Hiruka had taken turns in the past doing errands in the general area, but Li wasn't part of their family- just an outside friend from their town. Had he been there too?

"Yeah, I do deliveries sometimes for the boss." He glanced over at the frightened girl, putting his hands on his hips with a frustrated grunt. "And it's rude to hide when people are trying to introduce themselves. Don't you know that already?"

"Li, don't be mean!" Hiruka whined, hitting his head lightly again with a small fist. Ah, their fights seemed to never end! It was quite troublesome to Hunter, but he was relieved when Hiruka was quick to let it go for once. As the girl moved to shake the extended hand, a clear perkiness was about her features, wavy hair falling on her cheek when she leaned her head on her shoulder. "I'm Hiruka. Hunter and I are family. Li's just a pest we deal with. Nice to meet you."

Li retorted to Hiruka in the background, annoyed with her teasing him as a pest because of their natural inclination to argue. As the two returned once again to their playful banter, Hunter sighed and looked towards the hiding girl near them.

"Don't mind those two. They don't look it, but they're actually good friends. They just show it by arguing." He smiled, holding a hand out to her. "So your name is Caraway? Don't worry, we don't mean any harm. You don't have to hide. A smile would suit you much better than anxiety. I bet Kali agrees, right?"

Revolushion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
"Nice to meet you all, as well." Kali said in-between Hiruka and Li's arguing. Caraway was fixed on Hunter, who seemed calm and nice. When he extended his hand, she hesitated.

"Yeah, her smile is actually pretty adorable! Right, Caraway?" Kali teased, nudging the girl with her elbow. Slowly, hesitantly, Caraway stepped out and took Hunter's hand, the corners of her lips turning up slightly.
"It's a pleasure to meet you." She said, her voice naturally quiet and higher-pitched, "I didn't mean to... be rude."

Her eyes flicked towards Li for a moment, and she mumbled a barely audible, "I actually didn't know that..."

"You guys seem exciting!" Kali jumped in with exuberance, "You with the green hair - Hiruka? I like you!"
And with that, she started walking backwards again, obviously eager to get a move on.

Caraway stared at Kali's moving form, eyes wide as though being abandoned. She didn't know these new people, and they seemed really nice, but-

"No." Caraway thought, taking a deep breath, "I've got to be brave. They're just people. There's nothing to be afraid of..."
Another deep breath led to a miniature coughing fit, forcing a flush to her cheeks. With habitual skill, she dug into her small purse and extracted an inhaler, taking deep puffs and forgetting for a moment all about the others around her.

Kali frowned at Caraway's fit, stopping her movements, "Hey, you ok? I didn't know you were an asthmatic."

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote        
Hunter chuckled gently, his smile still calm compared to the rowdy nature of his companions. "It's fine, I know these two can be pretty intimidating with how loud they are. But I promise, they're actually really good people." He was glad when she smiled, and accepted the handshake with care. When he let go, he turned to notice where she'd changed her gaze to. "Don't take what he said the wrong way. He didn't actually think you were being rude. It was just his way of trying to break you out of your shell. Though hopefully he learns soon that really doesn't work with anyone besides the six-year-old Hiruka..."

While Hunter was busy chatting at the shy one of the two girls, Li and Hiruka were caught off guard during their argument by Kali's words. Hiruka was surprised to some extent to be noted for her hair color, but somehow it didn't quite catch her as much as something to be concerned over. Her hair color was pretty distinct compared to the boys with her, after all. Still, the words later made her smile. After all, she was told she was liked. Wasn't that a good thing? "You guys seem interesting too," She mused, looking to Li for agreement. The boy nodded, strangely agreeing with her easily.

"Yeah, it's nice meeting people besides those we know." He smild a bit, relieved to stop yelling with his female friend, and turned to notice instead that Kali was already moving on. He chuckled a bit, and pat Hiruka's back. "Okay, Hiruka, that's your cue. Lead the way, since you're strangely good with forests."

"It's not that strange," Hiruka pouted, but soon jumped into a tree to double check where they were going. Scanning the surroundings from the branches, she jumped down and landed, though not very gracefully, on the ground, and pointed in the direction they needed to move. "This way. I know the path now from here, I think." Then, she began leading the way by rushing slightly ahead of the group to keep them on the right path. Hunter shrugged as Li followed suit, and while the two were on the move, turned to Caraway.

"Let's take our time and follow them. Don't worry, we'll get out pretty easily now. So let's just relax and enjoy the scenery. It's in the journey, right?"

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
Kali spread out her arms widely, her grin matching their length and hurried so she could walk beside Hiruka and Li. They were entertaining, she liked that.

"So, where are you guys originally from?" She asked, "And what brings you here?"

Caraway settled and replaced her inhaler, impressing herself by not jumping in surprise when Hunter spoke to her. She smiled shyly and nodded, glad someone was willing to slow their pace.

"Y-yeah." She said, allowing herself to really look at their surroundings, "I've never been on a journey before. Or in a forest. It's very beautiful."

She halted suddenly, fishing around for her only pokeball and letting out Ruellia. Picking up the curious budew, she began walking again.

"I... I hope you don't mind. I just thought she might... enjoy it out here." Caraway blushed slightly, realizing how little social skills she had.

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
Li and Hiruka both turned to Kali while keeping to the road ahead. Hiruka was able to generally remember what she'd seen, so she was quick to respond as if she wasn't paying attention to much else, a smile on her face. "We're from Johto. Well, I don't know why he's here, but Hunter and I are doing some errands." She stretched her arms in a lax manner, letting them reach over her head as if trying to touch the leaves of the branches high up- though for her small stature compared to the average girl her age, it was quite hard. It'd be hard for most, she believed.

Her head turned, however, when she noticed something changing in the air. A pokemon! She gave a glance to Caraway and the Budew in her arms, a soft smile eroding her face. The Budew seemed happy with the quiet young girl- that was a blessing to behold. Humans and pokemon getting along was always a nice thing. Returning her head to the path ahead, she hummed lightly to herself as she enjoyed the forest air. Meanwhile, Li was still enjoying the conversation with Kali, and spoke while she was humming, not phased by the pokemon now behind them.

"Are you two from around here?" He had his eyes going back and forth between Kali and Hiruka, keeping an eye for any change in direction while still watching the person he spoke to. Similarly, Hunter behind them was keeping his eyes both ahead and to the side of him to keep his glance near the girl that spoke- keeping an eye on the person he was talking to helped him hear them better, he had said in the past. That was terribly required too, since the girl had such a quiet voice.

He studied the budew carefully, holding a hand out as if tempted to pet it. He pulled back, however, unsure if the budew would be angry. Unlike Hiruka, Hunter wasn't so good at reading their signals. "I don't mind. It's nice of you to think of that, actually. I bet our Pokemon would enjoy it too...Now I'm tempted to join you in it." He laughed slightly as his hand that had moved to pet the budew instead moved to the pokeball of the pokemon with him. Should he let it out? His own pokemon was a bit snyde and difficult- so he was tempted not to just to be safe. It'd be bad if the fellow scared the girl who was already so timid.

As if she'd heard the conversation, Hiruka dug for a pokeball in her messenger back and smiled, letting a small spider-like pokemon escape from its entrapment. "Look, Spinny! Isn't it like Ilex Forest, but different? The trees are nice and strong and the air is nice and fresh too!" The spinarak quickly chirped a reply, crawling along her back and onto the top of her straw hat. "Hehe, you're not too keen on walking today, huh buddy? But it seems like you're happy to be out anyway. I'm glad."

Li, near her, laughed at the display. "You're being to lenient. Don't dote on him when he's not a baby."

"It's called he's family. Of course I'll help him however I can!" Hiruka pouted, turning her head away from her friend. Once again they were back to their typical interaction. But this time, it was at least a bit more friendly, since both started to crack up over their silly dispute. They really were quite different with how they raised their pokemon!

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote        
"I'm actually from Johto, too!" Kali clapped her hands, "Which city are you from? I've been to all of them quite a few times! I'm only here because I got a ticket for a ride to this region, so I don't have anywhere specific to go... As for Caraway, can you believe she's never been outside of Floaroma town?"

Kali launched into her speech, eyes glued to Li even as she walked backwards, evading trees like a pro. Whenever he and Hiruka got into a spat, she just smirked. They were indeed entertaining.

Caraway let herself smile at Hunter's words. When she saw him reach for a pokeball, she hesitated, but eventually asked, "What type of pokemon do you have? I... I've always been really nervous and scared around pokemon, but ever since Ruellia's been with me..."

She trailed off slightly, not knowing what to say. Ruellia made a happy sound, struggling in Caraway's grip until she was set down, where she walked around to Hunter's side, then back playfully.

"Aww, you have a spinarak!" Kali cooed, "They're adorable. Hello!"

She waved to the pokemon before taking out a pokeball of her own.

"If we're all doing this, then I'm sure Chesapi would love to spread his wings for a bit!"

She threw her pokeball into the air, letting her chatot out, would flew to sit on her shoulder and chirped with joy.

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote        
Hiruka smiled happily, not aware that Kali was mostly looking at the boy next to her. "We're from Azalea Town! It's not a big place, but it's super nice to me. If you've been there, we might have met, too!" She giggled cheerily.

"Did you go to the trainer's school there?" Li asked soon in response. "Hiruka and I actually only met at trainer's school as kids. It was pretty fun."

"Yeah, for you. All you did was tease me." Hiruka mused, pouting. She'd been mostly close with the boys in school, and of them, Li was the one to tease her the most. The other boys weren't quite as cynical towards her- but at the same time, she had her spats with just about everyone at least once. "But it was fun, I guess. Besides that. It'd be neat if we all went together though!"

Hunter meanwhile listened to the question from Caraway. "Ah, I've got Scyther with me. He's sort of rowdy at times and hard to control, but we actually get along pretty well." He smiled at the pokeball his hand was touching. "Scy's a good friend. I think if he hadn't been there, I wouldn't be as comfortable calling it home as I am. Home is where the heart is, right? I guess for me, it's where Scy is." Chuckling a bit, he changed his context to her own note about her earlier trouble with pokemon.

"Trust me, you're not the only one out there with such a fear. Lots of people get uncomfortable around pokemon. I think it takes that one pokemon that you really connect with first before you can feel safe around any. It's that way with people too, for those who have trust issues." His later statement seemed to be spoken solemnly, his eyes slightly cast toward his sister's back- though, if asked, he'd never actually call her such. Shaking it off, he smiled to Caraway easily. "I think over time, you'll get more and more at ease as long as Ruellia here is with you- and I'm sure she'll be happiest with you, as well. You seem like such great friends, it'd be hard not to feel that way looking at you both."

Hiruka could barely hear the words behind her, but she seemed to smile over it while she rolled her eyes upward towards the spinarak on her head. "Yep, we've been together since he hatched from an egg, this fellow. Spinny's my best friend, and my close family. Right?" Smiling more warmly, the spinarak chippered again and tried to wave one of its small apendages towards Kali when she greeted him.

When the chatot came out of its ball and onto the girl's shoulder, meanwhile, Li couldn't help staring in wonder. "A chatot? That's really cool! I've never seen one up close before."

"I'm not surprised you're excited when you're so good with flying types." Hiruka giggled, smiling. "Do you have Pie with you?"

"When do I not have her with me?" Li glanced at Hiruka quizzically, holding a pokeball and throwing it up and down like a hackey-sack or juggling ball. "My partner and I are always together. It's natural. It's like you and Spinny, Hunter and Scy...Or Kali and Chesapi, I'm guessing, too. Friends stick together."

"Friends and family alike, I guess." Hiruka smiled, nodding.

"Friends are family," Li agreed, and the two seemed to once again cope with their differences. This was something they both agreed with, and they showed it by each putting an arm around each other, like twin brother and sister in some way. Li moved his arm to try to wrap it around Kali. "Join in! If Chesapi won't mind, of course."

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote        
"I've been a few times, sort of." Kali laughed, "I never stayed in one place very long, but whenever I was there they would let me take some classes. Dad knew one of the teachers. He knows almost everyone in Johto, though, it seems."

"Wow," Caraway said with interest, "You an Scy sound really close. That's really nice..."

When Hunter mentioned trust issues, Caraway looked at the ground, missing the way he looked at Hiruka. When he mentioned Ruellia, she couldn't help but smile.

"I'm glad you think so. She means the world to me, I only hope I can be as good of a friend to her..."

As if on cue, the budew scurried over and bumped against Caraway's leg.

"Oh, you want a berry?" She asked, digging into her purse, "Oh, I guess... It would be rude not to offer, right? Would anyone else's pokemon like a berry? I have quite a few here..."

When Spinny tried to wave, Kali just beamed, mouthing, "You are so cute!" to the little spider pokemon.

At Li's comment, Chesapi gave a scoff of a chirp and flew to sit on Li's head, peering down at him and quirking his head sideways. Kali laughed.

"I don't think he has a problem with it." She mused, wrapping an arm around him and joining in the little group as though she had known them for years.

"And by all means, if you want a good look at Chesapi, feel free to do whatever. As long as you're not rude, he's a social butterfly."

Chesapi chirped at her in a puff, and Kali rolled her eyes, smirking.

"Fine, social bird. Doesn't have the same ring to it, though."

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
"It'd be neat if he knew dad. Though a lot of people know my dad too. But then again, I think it's that way for a lot of people with his job." Hiruka giggled, adding, "But Li lives and works at the charcoal man's house, and he's super well known too. And super nice too. He's helped a lot of us a lot."

"He's nice to everyone but me, it feels like." Li replied with a huff. He changed his focus to the chatot that moved to his head when Hiruka hadn't even gotten to respond yet, and smiled. "I think social bird sounds nice, personally. Pie's like that too."

"Spinny loves people too. And other pokemon...And everyone else." Hiruka giggled, taking the bug from her head to give it a light, careful hug, before it jumped out of her arms and moved to tap Kali's foot, wanting to ride her head next. "Though for some reason he also really likes sitting on people's heads."

Hunter smiled when the girl moved to give out berries, but as soon as she did so, it seemed that Scy was hungry- it came out of the pokeball on its own! He jumped slightly, but smiled a bit and pat the scyther's head warily, trying to say he was glad that the fellow came out, but to be good to the others around. Scyther mused something, before holding a one of his blade-like arms out waiting for a berry. "Er...Just put it on the edge of the blade carefully. He likes to scewer his food each time for some reason." Hunter spoke while laughing nervously. Scy wouldn't look in Caraway's direction, but at least he wasn't being overly harsh like he used to be. However, he did glance at the budew nearby, but only for a split second.

"I think you two are clearly already great friends to each other." Hunter gave the girl another smile before turning to call to Hiruka. "Hey, Hiruka. You agree right? These two get along well, don't they?" He nudged his head in the direction of Caraway and Ruellia to see Hiruka spin on her heel, walking backwards while leading and taking a look. Her smile said it all.

"I don't think you need me to tell you that, but...I can tell that your friend is super happy, Caraway!" How could she tell? Well, no pain was the closest she could gather, but she figured that was a good start. So far, she didn't have a headache. And to Hiruka and the boys that knew her well, it was a relief.

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh? Who is you dad? that would be really cool!" Kali beamed, "And I know I've met the charcoal man before... at least when I was little. He seemed super nice!"

Chesapi squawked happily at Li's comment, taking off and flying in circles above then before landing on the boy's shoulder, whistling the tune to "What a Wonderful Life."

"Looks like you've made a new friend." Kali teased, nudging Li in the side, "And who is this Pie? I would love to meet her! What type of pokemon is she? A bird, obviously, but - you know what I mean!"

When Spinny tapped on her foot, Kali gently scooped the spider up and set it on her head, obviously used to such things.

"You are the cutest spider I've ever met!" She cooed again, petting it gently.

Caraway jumped at the sudden appearance of Scy, scared by the sudden appearance. After a few moments though, she realized everything was fine, and calmed down slightly.

"He likes to... skewer his food?" She asked, carefully reaching a berry out and doing as she was told, "That seems a little... dangerous. He... what is he? I've never seen anything so... sharp..."

Opposite to Caraway, the budew seemed interested even though she stayed back. Ruellia had been hurt by pokemon bigger than itself before, after all - it was only Caraway's kindness that had saved her. A surge of affection ran through the pokemon at that thought, and she squeaked to remind Caraway of her promised berry, which Caraway handed to Ruellia almost instantly.

Caraway was so happy at Hiruka and Hunter's comments that she actually smiled - a real, tooth-revealing smile.

"Th... thank you. I'm so glad... I don't know what I'd do if she hated me."

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
"Dad's the gym leader," Hiruka said quite simply. "He's been taking care of us since we were small, and we're lucky for it. Though..." She moved to whisper, adding, "Hunter won't always admit it, and never calls him dad. I think it makes him embarrassed or something." She giggled, apparently entertained by the thought, before smiling over at Caraway. "She doesn't hate you, but feels quite the opposite I'd say. Am I right?" She gave a cheerful, toothy grin to the budew across from her, giggling happy. It was a cute, sweet pokemon. That she was certain of.

Li chuckled, meanwhile. "I'm sure you're still his best friend though. But I'm glad to be his new one." He smiled up at the chatot, before carefully opening his pokeball as a silent way to answer her question- show instead of tell, wasn't it said? Out of the ball came the majestic form of a medium-sized pidgeon, whose colorful tail-feathers were quite well groomed as they tickled his hand when it landed. "This is Pie." The pidgeotto cawed when her name was said, apparently glad to be taken outside.

Meanwhile, when the food was put on its arm, the scyther moved to eat it off of itself like a skewered piece of barbeque. Hunter, watching it, gave a clearly nervous chortle as usual. "He's sort of...very independent. He doesn't like it when I feed him by hand, generally...And, well, he doesn't exactly have hands himself. Those blades are his hands. That skewering technique is what he's found works, and, well, I'd hate to tell him not to when it's what makes him comfortable."

He smiled, meanwhile, surprised that neither of his companions had asked for berries. On the one hand, Hiruka normally would ask for a berry for herself if her pokemon didn't want any, and Li was usually quick to help Pie- but then again, they had eaten fairly recently, if he recalled. However, he heard a stomach growl from before them. His laughter changed from nervous to clearly amused. "Hiruka, that's you again isn't it?"

"E-Eating small portions regularly is healthier than eating big portions spread out anyway!" The girl pouted, embarrassed by her rumbling tummy's noise, before noticing the berries properly. "C-Can I have one too? It'll get rid of the noise. And I don't want my stomach to scare the forest pokemon." That wouldn't likely happen, but she still needed to satiate her sudden hunger. "I'll repay you with a home-cooked meal later! Okay?"