Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
I hate it when people put their nasty hands all over my food - especially people who smoke. My mom and step dad both smoke, and any time I get really grossed out by them touching my food, I'll either skip dinner or wait a few hours to burn the shit out of it re-heat it and make myself feel better.

Do you have any strange issues with food? I know a lot of people don't like their food touching, or they don't like certain things to be combined.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote        
*Touches all over Chu's food.* Jab

My biggest issue with food is that I don't like it touching, honestly. I tend to eat one thing at a time, and I hate it when things get all mixed together...unless they're supposed to be that way. I'm a pretty picky eater though, and things just don't taste right to me all lumped together.... Duh

Not that I want people to touch my food either. >.>;

Revolushion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quote        
I used to be just like sly when I was younger. In fact, my mother had to use those plate/bowls with the edges so that nothing would accidentally touch. If they did, supper was over. xD And I was such a picky eater...
Now I've gotten over that, though, and don't really mind stuff rolling into other food. Like Chu, I really don't appreciate people touching my food... unless I offer my plate to them.

My biggest peeve, though, are those gross people who sneeze over everyone else's food because they can't be bothered to turn away or even attempt to cover their mouths. It makes me nauseous. Dx

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote        
I'm one of those people who won't eat if the food touches most of the time. I also won't switch between parts of my meal- like, if I have a meal of a burger and fries, I won't eat the burger until I eat all the fries, or vice versa. I also don't drink during my meal until I eat a portion of food most of the time, similarly. However, quite strangely, I don't mind sharing food at all. Though I'll admit, I don't like people touching with their hands if it's something like pasta or the like, but if it's a sandwich, they can touch it to share with me. But I don't seem to mind sharing food most of the time if it's someone I'm close to.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quote        
I'm fine sharing food with those close to me as well, but it really depends on what is being eaten. Even then, I usually go for a corner with the least likelihood of having been soaked with saliva. Writing that last sentence made me shiver a little. XD

I use to have a huge problem with sharing food back in high school. When I met my first/current boyfriend, we went to see a movie and I ordered one of those monster Freezes that numb your brain for a good while. Boyfriend casually took my drink and took a sip, causing me to abandon my half-finished slushy all-together. Leaving the theater, he carried my slushy to throw it away, noticed how full it was, and inquired after it. I explained my germaphobe problem and he shockingly reminded me that we had been kissing for a month.

Never had something so obvious taken me by mind-blowing surprise.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote        
I have none of those problems. My problems arise from two things.
I will eat food until it is gone, unless someone tells me to stop or it is taken from me, even if I'm hurting.
My other problem is that if I don't like your food, I have the urge to make it myself. This comes from the fact that my mother always told me "If you don't like what I made, you can make something else" and I often did.

Urboros

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote        
When people reach across my plate to get something, just ask I'll get you those potatoes, salt, butter, anything

just keep your arm out of my food zone

they are shedding their dead cells on my food no thanks. I also have an urge to bit the arm or hand. I hate it so much, everyone in my family knows about this and yet they still do it.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote        
Whoops, forgot about this thread. >< I used to hate having food touch, but I don't mind so much anymore.

And I'm the same way about eating one thing at a time - and not drinking anything. I usually don't drink anything throughout the whole meal though, unless it's particularly heavy or dry.

And yeah, Urboros, having people reach over my food bugs me as well. I feel the same way about wanting to slap them, too. XD

My boyfriend is a really picky eater. He also has an issue with people touching his food.

inaralei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 am Reply with quote        
I saw the thread title and was like...
I just want to rub my hands all over your food to see what you'd do.... and then I realized that's a really horrible thing to think. =___=

I don't like my foods getting mixed together. I don't mind them touching, but there's nothing worse than finding corn in your mashed potatoes.

I also tend to eat in cycles. At first, I'll alternate between all the things, then I single out what I like least and eat it all quickly. Then I eat the delicious things and save a bite of what's best for last.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 am Reply with quote        
You're so mean. :<

I save something good for the last bite too, haha. I really love eating, so I like to enjoy it. Like you, I also eat my least favorite thing first.

inaralei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote        
Consider me properly chastised. I'll never even look in the direction of your food again!
fickle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote        
i especially hated when my nephews touched my things in general with their nasty little hands. not even washing up after they pissed. blech! D;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote        
Well I recently posted this in the phobias thread so I'll keep this short xD

Basically: Crap gag reflex = Food phobia, really really small diet.

I can't eat/drink anything with a weird texture which makes my diet really limited. BOOOORING Mad

I don't mind food touching each-other, but my brother is more like a lot of you - When I'd have mash with gravy and spaghetti (yes it's weird, shh), I'd just chuck the gravy on top and it'd be this mess of... mess.
My brother would spend ages sculpting his mash into a moat before he'd pour his gravy in it so nothing would touch xD

I don't like sharing food though... Especially as I'm vegetarian, and if say, our whole family ordered pizzas, I wouldn't share mine 'cos I know their hands will have been touching their meat pizzas. Also dad smokes which is groooosssss. And he doesn't wash his hands when he goes toilet... So his hands will have been.. And then touching food....

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Kalietha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote        
I tend to have texture issues with food - I literally can't eat oatmeal, I gag to the point of vomiting before it even reaches my throat. It's not the taste either, I LOVE cookies made with oatmeal flour. Just texture.

On the bright side, it makes chocolate truffles that much better XD
colonel cadaver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
Whenever people help themselves to my food I rage. Mad

This is Drai. Please dress him up then pm me the result so I can put it on my profile. I wanna see what people come up with. ;3