Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Kail_Thander

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote        
I'm 22. I feel old and mostly unaccomplished. I think that's due mostly to my high school days thinking I would have my own house by now. I was naiive. Only one more year then I will have my degree though.

My miles stones are 16,18,21,25,30, 50, 80.
Zell

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
22 as well, and to be honest, I've always seemed
to hate my birthday. As for feeling strange, I did to when I turned 20.
Then again, I always feel strange Confused

Empy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote        
Aaaaaaaaand I feel old.
I'm 27.
But! I'm actually looking forward to being 30, they say you come into your own and stop caring what people think Weeeee

I was really looking forward to 17...because it's my favorite number. But damn was that a shitty year.
And 21, I thought getting to buy drinks for the first time would be awesome. Guy didn't even card me T^T

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote        
I need to be 30 then ^^''
also, I love the sloth, very cute.

Empy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
I know I can't wait.
And right?! *pokes his fuzzy lil butt*

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote        
And I don't feel so alone anymore.
I'm 27, and if it's how being 30 is going to be, then I can't wait to be here!

Although, I'm not too sure about that. My boyfriend is going to be 30 in a few months and he's already in a panic because he feels like he hasn't done anything of his life yet. I guess not everyone reacts the same way...

I hated being 18, but that's mostly because I had to celebrate my 18th birthday with a bunch of old people who kept telling me I was an adult now (and so had to behave like one).

On the opposite, turning 20 was nice because I just entered college where I met a lot of very different people and it made me become a lot more tolerant and much less caring about what others thought of me.

Does the sloth give hugs?
Empy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, yes he does *sloths starts to move toward Amel* Prolly get to you next week, maybe.

And yeah, my view of 30 is not the common one. But as that's three years off, it may change Laugh

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote        
I'm 20. I'm a little bit surprised to see I might be one of the younger people in here!

Haha I know what you mean, I really don't feel like an adult. I'm graduating from college in a year, and I just have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. Probably go to school forever. xD
Amelyanne

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote        
Oh, but I'll meet him halfway through! Don't want him to hurt his little legs now, do we? Big Grin

My view of being 30 is probably going to change too. I'm definitely going to panic when I'm 30 and I realize I have no house to call my own... Oh well, at least I'll have a stable job, I hope...

Trust me Zillah when I say there will be a moment you will want out asap. I just finished school because I had a huge change in interests a few years ago. And it really felt like that last year went on forever.

But I do sympathize about being 20. Everyone wants you to be an adult but I'm 27 and I still don't feel like I'm an adult. Being stuck in school for so long can do that to you I guess...
Zillah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:09 am Reply with quote        
I almost believe you... I don't know if that necessarily happens to everyone though. Right now every semester feels like it goes by twice as fast as the one before it. I need to start applying to grad school, but I'm still somewhat in denial that I am actually finishing my undergrad already. I have always been passionate about learning, so it seems to me that I'll always want to keep going to school, but it's possible that I will get sick of it eventually.

I'm a little more independent than I was in high school. For instance, I prepare my own food, pay my bills, walk everywhere instead of getting rides... but I don't feel like an adult. What do I have to do to feel like an adult? I don't know if I even want to feel like an adult, haha, but I suppose I have to face the fact eventually. xD
Yokuutsu

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote        
None of them are important in my mind. It's just a mark that I've survived another miserable year and that the next will, more than likely, be worse.

But I'm very pessimistic.
Zion

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote        
I'm 19. One away from 20... -twitches-
Gawd I don't feel mature at allll.
/headdesk

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote        
i'm 22 and i still don't feel mature Wink i dont think that ever happens for many of us hahaha~

killerkitty

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:17 am Reply with quote        
Wow, I may be one of the youngest people active on Midorea at age 15, oh well. Sometimes it's distressing to be around older people when they complain about things like their job, and wondering where you'll end up in the future.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quote        
use older peoples stories as advice to help you avoid the same struggles... of course not everything can be avoided, but if you've seen where others have gone wrong, or whatever, it could help :P

mostly i'll say... just enjoy being a teenager Duh