Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote        
Oh nice. :] Being up in the mountains is so calming, and so quiet. But the lack of cellphone reception gets annoying. xD

I'd love to live at the beach though. Mountains aren't really my thing, but give me a beach any day and I'm perfectly happy to never leave.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote        
I like mountains and beaches...anything's better than flat, midwest blahs. Neutral Well, they're are hills around here, those are nice and rivers...I love rivers!~ Weeeee
Jester Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote        
ecco - The new place is definitely amazing. The town we live in is a bird sanctuary, so we see all kinds of neat things. Not to mention there's dozens of different hiking trails within an hour of us, which is hours upon hours of free fun. Smile

Chu - Yeah, juggling school and work can be really challenging. My husband and I decided that we would take turns going to school, so that we have the freedom to live on our own without really needing to ask for help (aka, money). I'm sure it will feel remarkably rewarding to finally get that first place when you're done with school. Smile It's better to wait until you actually can, though, than to dive into something you're not financially ready for.

It's my turn to go to school next. Now if only I could decide what I wanted to learn... XD I'm such a cheapskate. I'd actually been putting off going back for a couple of years when we [my hubby and i] first met, because I couldn't justify spending so much money on something I couldn't guarantee I wanted to pursue for the rest of my life.

Catghost - We actually just moved away from the beach. It was quite honestly the most awful experience I could have imagined. Haha. Looking back, it's already starting to be kind of funny, but the beach is definitely not for me. I'm not, by any means, saying that the beach is a terrible place to live, it's just everything else that comes with it, weather excluded.

Tons of tourists, everything's expensive because of the tourists, most of the other drivers you encounter on the road have absolutely no idea where they're going. The locals, naturally, drive like a-holes. And then, in the off-season, there's no money or jobs to be had for most of the local population. The biggest complaint I've heard from people I used to work with is that they moved to the beach because they love it, but they hardly get to go because they have to make a living working.

Other than that, the living at the beach is fantastic! Oh Mai

Sly - I've never been to the Midwest (unless you count Kansas once when I was really young. Sweat ), but I've seen pictures, and it does look kinda boring. :/ Sorry. Haha, it seems like there really isn't much that happens between the Appalachian mountains and the Rockies. XD

Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:54 am Reply with quote        
I'm living in Wales at the moment so I have beach and mountains...and there are far too many hills for my liking :P It's a lovely place but I prefer home where there are less steep climps.

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote        
Jester, Adam and I threw that idea around a bit, but I'll be moving onto my master's after I get this degree, so we figured it wouldn't be a good idea to draw things out longer than we needed to. After he gets this degree though, he probably won't be going back. Let's just hope I can either find a really good job or some really good scholarships for graduate school. Laugh

I live in plain old suburbia. We're in Kentucky, so there are some hilly areas, but where I live, you don't see much of that.

Amarvelous

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote        
I live in a big city with the ocean, so I'm generally pretty content. Weeeee The only real drawback is that the water is cold as balls. It's never good for swimming.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote        
Good afternoon. Call me Archer or Dawn or some random name if you like.
I'm new to Midorea forums; I've just been playing around with the battle system.
I like pretty much every kind of video game genre and system.

Not sure I needed to do an introduction but there it is anyway, so enjoy.
Jester Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
Kryztol - Yeah, climbs can be a pain. XD When it snows more than a few inches here, I have to park my car at the bottom of the hill, and walk over a half mile straight up! The road is too narrow and steep (and infrequently plowed) for a car, and barely much safer for walking if it's icy.

Chu - That makes a lot of sense! Smile What are you planning on getting your master's in? That's quite an achievement! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find both of those things. Smile

Archer - Hey! Welcome! I'm pretty new as well, just started a week or two ago. I hope you're liking it here so far. Do you have an all-time favorite system? (The take-with-me-to-a-desert-island type?)

Archers Lust

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks. Hai
Well I don't think there'd be any way to play a system on a desert island, but most likely PC.
I'm actually wanting to study in game art and development and go work for Blizzard or some cool place like that.
I've been a tester for years, mostly free online PC games, but I've done a mainstream game before so that was fun.
Right now I've been getting back into my RPG addiction, mostly because the only thing I can play right now is Castlevania on my 3DS. I lost my Pokemon game somewhere. Duh
Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:29 am Reply with quote        
Jester - Oh that's awful. My house next year is down the hill from where I live now so I won't need to walk up so many hills next year unless I go down into the lower part of town to go shopping.

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote        
I'll be getting it in psychology, Jester. I'm trying to be open and flexible about the exact direction that I'm going in, but I'm hoping to end up somewhere as a marriage/family therapist. I'm still early on in my degree though, so that could change. I doubt that I'll deviate much from the field of psychology, though.

What was the mainstream game that you tested, Archer?

The way you describe it makes the area that you live in sound beautiful, Kryztol... Even if the walks are tiresome. xP

Archers Lust

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote        
I did bug and glitch testing for the Halo Combat Evolved Multiplayer for PC.
I wish I could have done the testing for the console games.
Bungie gave out so many cool things to the guys who did the console testing.
I heard they even got to party at one of the developers' house.
Ah, that would have been so sweet...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote        
Huh, that would have been pretty cool.

Zion

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote        
So... -sneaks in- x_x
This place will do. xD I love video games after all. : p
Still stuck in the Ps2 Phase, though. No Ps3/Xbox 360. Embarrassed

But I basically have like. 90-95% of all the RPG's on the ps2 that I've come to like. As you might tell RPG's are my favorite genre. XP

What I'm currently playing really varies atm... I just finished a character in Saga Frontier (Ps1). And the last game I played was Xenosaga 3 (Ps2). AMAZING battle system, imo.

Favorite series, I like the Final Fantasies, Grandia, Shin Megami Tensei, dot.Hack, Suikoden, annd Disgaea. Probably missing a couple, but those are the major ones... XD

Seriously. If you wanna talk video games, I can talk forever on ones I know/play. =_=; But I'm also eager to talk/learn about games I havn't played or know about so. Yeah. o_o;

/sorry,rambling x_x

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:21 am Reply with quote        
well if you ever get a 360, and you're an FF fan, I highly recommend Lost Odyssey Smile it's a beautiful game, wonderful soundtrack, turn-based battle system with a slight twist, some cracking boss fights, entertaining and touching moments in the story (i've only cried over 2 games... first was FF7, second was Lost Odyssey...) and to my shame ive never managed to complete it.

I don't have my own 360, so i've only ever got to play it on my bro's and on my boyfriends'. always get close to the ending but never quite reach it before something happens in life that gets in the way of video-game-time, hah x-x

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 70, 71, 72  Next