Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Post new topic   Reply to topic Amara and Sly's Super Sexy Spies(Title up for negotiationXD)
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
Dark clouds shifted overhead, the wind started to pick up, and thunder rumbled off in the distance. Lightning split the clouds; the stormy sky reflected in a pair of eyes as gray as the sky above.

Avery sighed, watching the storm come in from the realative safety of the awning under which he stood. The buildings around him were cold, impartial, and nearly completely made of metal, as most government buildings were. Even so, he knew he'd be safe out here, lightning or no.

He knew it like he had known the storm was coming, despite the sunshine and warmth earlier today. Sometimes he just knew things; things that were about to happen, things that people were trying to hide, he just knew. That was a big part of the reason The Agency had wanted him, he knew that. He wasn't a fool, although he had many other valuable attributes, selection for the program was highly competitive, and he had no doubt that his extra little talents had had a hand in tiping the scales his way. Of course, he didn't need anything "speacial" to be the best candidate the selection commitee had likely seen in years, but try telling them that.

Avery sighed and stared down at the manilla file in his hand. Typed in square letters across the top was the number S212 and the words TOP SECRET were emblazoned across the front in red ink. Inside were test results (his test results, at least the ones they wanted him to see) mission specifications and assignment details. The file containing his first official mission for The Agency probably wasn't supposed to leave the bulding with him, but he didn't much care. It's not like anyone would have let him walk out the door with it, if they had really wanted to try to stop him.

He sat on the top of the stone stairs and began rifling through the file as fat raindrops fell at his feet.

((Hope this is an acceptable start for you, Amara. Sweat ))
Amarvelous

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote        
Despite the dark clouds looming overhead, Damen's mood was as sunny as the morning had been. He'd passed his final test--with flying colors, his proctor had informed in--and had just received his first mission, all in the same day. Curious, while also cautious, he patted the inner pocket of his jacket to make sure the folder containing his mission information was still there. He'd had this jacket designed specially to have a large pocket located over his left breast, tall and deep enough to hold pretty much anything Damen could ever want. At the moment, it held the folder, but in the future, he would probably stow his gun there.

He reached his apartment, safe from the prying eyes of the men at The Agency, and did a quick sweep for any bugs or intruders. Once he was certain he was alone, he flopped down onto his beat-up couch and pulled out the folder, flipping through the information provided there.

"Aw, man, my partner's Avery? This blows." He sneered down at the name on the paper, next to a little cut-out picture of the man he would be spending a lot of time with. He and Avery hadn't exactly gotten along during their training sessions together. Damen was too carefree, too happy for Avery's dour moods.

Sighing, Damen knew that was exactly what The Agency wanted. They wanted to see how well Damen could adapt to a situation he wasn't comfortable in. The same probably went for Avery, but Damen could care less about Avery's needs. He scanned the rest of the information, getting the gist of their mission and the tools required. He had most of them on his person, and wouldn't really need to go out and get anything. At least that was a blessing.

He stood and walked over to his hidden safe, punching in the code and stowing the file away. After the mission, he would destroy it, but for now, he would keep it in a secured location. Despite his general laziness and lack of desire to really do anything, Damen understood the importance of keeping certain things completely removed from society.

The meeting between him and Avery was arranged for an hour after the current time, at a little cafe halfway between The Agency and Damen's apartment. It was a nice place, quiet enough that they wouldn't be disturbed and could discuss whatever it was they needed to discuss in peace. Damen quickly threw together some food for himself--no need to pay extra to eat something he could make at home--and was out the door in fifteen minutes, chewing on a sandwich. He made it to the cafe with twenty minutes to spare and ordered a coffee, settling down at a table in the back to wait for Avery.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote        
Avery sighed, and ran his fingers through his hair trying to bite back on the feeling of irritation and disgust he felt after reading through the file once more. Damen Williams was to be his partner, and no ammount of looking things over could make that any seem any better to him. Williams was impetuous, overly chatty, and just a downright pain in the ass. The Agency sure had some gall. Well, if they had wanted to test him, this sure was a way to do it. Shaking his head, he got up and headed for his car, ignoring the rain.

He drove to his apartment, dried off a bit and grabbed whatever he would need before heading for the cafe the two were supposed to meet at. He arrived at the cafe almost exactly on time, walked in unnoticed and slid quietly into the seat across from Damen just as the hour turned. He regarded Damen with a professional little smile and inclined his head slightly.

"Williams." His voice was quiet and did not hold any hint of the irritation he felt.

Amarvelous

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote        
Damen hardly looked up from his coffee as Avery slid in across from him. Instead, he leaned back a little bit further and set down his mug with a sigh. "Scott," he greeted stiffly, holding himself back. Normally, he was very friendly with people he knew, but he was aware that Avery liked him just about as much as he liked Avery. They may as well try to get along for as long as they worked together.

"Look, Scott," he continued, wrapping his hands around the mug and relaxing into its warmth. "We don't get along. I know that, and you do, too. But we're gonna be working together for a little while now. So let's just try to get this done, okay?" He took a sip of his coffee to take a break, then sighed.

The mission was already a bust. Just looking at Avery was annoying him. But the mission demanded that they cooperate, so Damen would cooperate. "We're supposed to be infiltrating Tiger Co., right? The one down the street, with a lot of employees? I heard that they're hiring. We could apply for positions and start out that way? What do you say, Scott?"

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote        
This wasn't going to work. Williams was an idiot; he had proven so by his need to state the obvious just now. Avery sighed and clasped his long fingers together on the table in front of him, giving Williams a considering gaze. This wasn't going to work, but it had to. Avery could make it work, despite his new partner's idiocy and doing so would make sure the higher ups at The Agency would never forget what a valuable asset he was. Infiltrating Tiger, Co. shouldn't be too hard...even with Williams in tow.

Avery smiled pleasantly before speaking. "Of course they're hiring. As a matter of fact, there's an analysist job opening I was considering applying for. It would be a perfect fit for someone like me; an organizer, an observer, a planner...you understand. Of course, you probably couldn't get that job if you tried, analysis doesn't really seem to be your forte. But with your considerable.." Avery trailed off, and gave Williams an appraising once over. "...talents...I'm sure you could find something as well. Maybe something in HR...who knows?"

He drummed his fingers on the table, waiting for Williams's reply.

Amarvelous

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote        
Damen felt himself bristle at Avery's audacious words. Who was he to label Damen's flaws? He forced himself to calm down, even going so far as to run a hand over his other arm to check that none of his hair was standing on end. In all their years of working together, Avery had been that one recruit that Damen had never been able to charm. It was probably because Damen usually got too frustrated in conversation with the other man, and didn't have enough calm, gentle words for him to actually charm him.

"How do you know I couldn't be an analyst?" he grumbled, draining the last of his coffee and sliding the cup to the edge of the table. A cheerful worker came over to scoop it up, and Damen held his tongue until she was gone. "If those are indeed your talents, then maybe you shouldn't go in at all? It doesn't sound like you'd be the best at getting the information we need." He grinned wolfishly and stretched, just enough to feel his back pop a few times.

"I'll check it out, see if there are any jobs available that suit my... abilities," he said, mimicking Avery's snide tone. "Why don't you do your planning thing and be my man behind the desk? You know, help me out, floorplans, dirt on higher-ups, the like."

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote        
Avery looked at Damen, his face was blank but his mind was full of annoyance and disgust. When he spoke his words were calm.

"I know, because I do. Also, I assure you I would be quite adept at procuring a position within Tiger, Co. However, as much as I may hate to admit it, you may be right; it would be benificial to have a man on the outside, as it were. If you manage to secure yourself an acceptable position within the company, I would be willing to be that man. Undoubtedly, The Agency would not have put you through if they did not have faith in your abilities. For whatever reason, they see you as someone worth their time. For the time being, I'm inclined to let you prove your usefulness...it's not like I have much choice, in any case."

He stopped speaking then, and shifted his hawkish gaze from the table to Williams's face, meeting the other man's eyes directly and holding his gaze.

"But, rest assured, I'll be there, right behind you, always watching. Try not to fuck things up."

He smirked, still staring into the other man's eyes.

Amarvelous

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote        
The urge to reach across the table and punch Avery straight in his smug face was nearly overwhelming. Damen was forced to hold himself in check by accepting the unspoken challenge of glaring right back, channeling his anger into the promise that he would not lose this staring contest.

"Thank you for your oh-so necessary confidence in me. I don't need your reluctant support. I'm merely following protocol." He was forced to break his eye contact when the woman bounced on over again, announcing that, if they were done with their food, that they would need to leave.

"I'll get that job," he promised, not a hint of doubt in his voice. "Just do your part and start digging, pup." With one last little smile, he stood up and sauntered out of the cafe, completely proud of himself for the dramatic exit.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote        
Avery continued smirking as Williams left. He had ruffled the other man; well that was fine, entertaining even. He got up from the table, streched languidly and gave a curt little nod to the waitress that had ushered them out. Pausing with his hand upon the door handle, he caught the woman's eye again flipped an insulting tip onto the table and walked out smiling to himself.

As two people passed by him on the sidewalk, he caught a glimpse of Damen, heading for his car Avery assumed. Raising his voice so that he knew Williams would hear he called out.

"Hey man, good luck on your interview."

Still feeling quite smug and pleased with himself, he slid behind the steering wheel of his own car and headed for home.