Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Jester Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote        
Hey! I'm (obviously) new here, and hoping to find a new RP partner. The last site I was a member of, it was terribly difficult to find a decent partner, and near-impossible to get past the planning stages. Midorea will most likely be my last attempt to find someone to write with, as it has literally been over a year since I've had the fortune to participate in anything worthwhile. /end mini-rant

For those of you who are still around after those last few sentences, let me introduce myself. My name is Jester, and I am a literate to advanced roleplayer. I really enjoy fantasy. It's my tried-and-true genre, my fail-proof fall back. This includes anything from High Fantasy, to a story with some subtle fantasy-like elements. I also enjoy steampunk and some sci-fi.

I do not particularly enjoy real-life scenarios (my life is real enough, thanks ;] ), or plot-lines that revolve solely around romance; however, I am not opposed to love occurring as a natural progression of the story if it makes sense. Yaoi/yuri, dom/sub, furries/anthro, etc. all make me uncomfortable, and I will not do these at all. Period. Sorry.

I am willing to do fandoms, as long as it is one that I am familiar with, or one that I can become familiar with in a reasonable amount of time. I will not use pre-existing characters, as I prefer to use originals. I find that it is really hard to maintain a character's personality, if you are not their creator.

You can expect me to post at least 2-3 times a week, depending on how heavy my work schedule is (and how much attention my cats demand of me), although I wouldn't hold my breath on the weekends. I rarely have off fri/sat/sun. I typically write at least 5-6 paragraphs, so you will never need to fear having nothing to respond to. I am comfortable playing up to three (3) characters at once, and can play both male and female. I don't mind striking up ooc conversation, and getting to know my partner. If you prefer anonymity or pure literature, that is okay too. Smile

I am only looking for a few things from a partner. Basically, it boils down to reciprocating anything I give. I'm a stickler for proper grammar/spelling punctuation, but there will not be any points deducted for typos. I'd also like to be informed with you will be leaving for an extended period, or if you feel the need to give up on me. Please, don't just leave me waiting for a response when there will not be one forthcoming. I am also definitely willing to work with a lower-level roleplayer looking to enhance their skills. After all, the only way to get better at writing is to write more!

WHEW! Sweat My apologies, I realize that is a wall of text. If you are still reading, thanks so much for sticking around! Smile Interested in starting something up? Let me know! Have a question? Looking for a particular story line or genre that has not been mentioned? Just ask!

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
Hey! It sounds like it would be fun to rp with you. I'm a fairly advanced role player with an equally busy schedule, so I won't judge any long delays that come up as long as I'm given fair warning.

I enjoy high-fantasy (and sometimes not-so-high-fantasy) and would be willing to do almost anything you're comfortable with. In fact, if we could keep any kind of romance out of it, it would just make this that much better for me. I get tired of forcing relationships and having a close bro-lationship or practically-siblings type deal would be great.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
Sounds like you and I will get along famously. I am completely on board with tossing romance in the trash. I much prefer close friends and siblings. Social dynamics tend to become depressingly predictable when "love" is introduced.

Do you have any ideas for a story line? Right now, I think I'm looking most for some real High Fantasy. Elves, and magic, and all that. I have one story that's been sitting on a back burner for a while that might intrigue you, actually.

This is a sci-fi meets fantasy kind of story. There are two worlds whose realities barely touch. [Somehow] a tear forms between the two, creating a doorway from one to the other. Problem is, the doorways (because it didn't take long for several more to form) are siphoning the magic away from [world 1] and its inhabitants are dying.

A group of survivors accidentally stumbles across one of these doorways, and finds themselves in a (slightly) futuristic city of the modern era. They are quickly discovered and brought into a scientific facility. Things have been not-quite-right in [world 2] as well, although in a different way. The influx of magic, a foreign thing to this technologically advanced society, is creating all kinds of interesting problems.

Feel free to tweak, add to, or suggest something else. I'd love to know what you think! Smile

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote        
That sounds like a really great plot actually. I would be completely willing to do that!

If you could explain to me a bit more what your idea is behind it, like how will the sci-fi world be affected by the high-fantasy one? Also who would our characters be? Would one of us play a sci-fi person and another high-fantasy? How do you want this to work out?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry it took me so long to reply! Work has been slaving me around for a few days. x.x

I imagine all kinds of interesting things would occur, introducing a magical essence (let's call it ether) into a non-magical world. Maybe the denizens of the sci-fi world would start exhibiting unexpected powers and talents. Maybe it would trigger an actual physical change in some. Honestly not too clear on this part myself, but I'm sure between the two of us, we could definitely brainstorm some fantastic (and fascinating!) effects!

As far as characters go, that's really up to you. We could be fantasy characters who have ended up in the sci fi world, or vice versa. Or we could have characters in the sci-fi world discover fantasy people, who we then capture and take in for some intensive scientific testing. OR we could definitely play multiples. I think that this story line will be fun regardless of the direction we take it.

Please feel free to expound upon my ideas, I know several of them aren't as concrete was I would like them to be. Smile