Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
Most of us are familiar with the weekly astrology bits in newspapers, but it's actually much more complicated than that. If you're interested in discussing astrology or learning about it, post here. :]

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote        
I find astrology interesting at different levels. I do look at my horoscope at times, and I find it interesting to see what my sign says about me. I also like tarot cards, and seeing what each card is related to in respect to the planets and to an astrological sign- it can be scarily accurate sometimes, even if it's generalized. I only know basic things, and find them interesting. And I like looking into luck as well. But...

What I find it more interesting to look at is what people's various signs are at once- though I only am familiar with the Chinese and Western zodiacs. I find the elemental part of them quite interesting, especially how they mix. In my family, my father is water on both sides, and my mother was earth on both. I originally should have been a mix of water and earth, but due to my premature birth, I ended up fire instead of earth. It's quite interesting in a way, because the elements are quite adequate in learning very simple things about people sometimes. Not always, of course, but sometimes.
Empy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote        
*pokes this so I can come back to it later*

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote        
I'm pretty sure that my predominant element has been water. I have a Scorpio Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Pluto, and Scorpio is a water element, so...

I think I'm a Water Monkey in the Eastern zodiac? I never looked into it much, so I could be wrong.

I'm not sure how a premature birth would affect your chart, June, but I'm sure that people have looked into it. I'll try to do some digging and see what I come up with.

EDIT: First thing I ran across:
Quote:
The physical difficulties that preemies face are daunting. In addition to being born with underdeveloped lungs and other organs, they have a higher than average risk for cerebral palsy, heart problems, mental retardation, hearing loss and blindness. These physical challenges are reflected astrologically in their birth charts. A recent astrological study** showed that a significant percentage of preemies are born under difficult aspects to their natal Sun, which represents physical health. The most common afflicting aspects are from Saturn and Neptune. This study showed that preemies were three times more likely than the average person to be born with Sun conjunct Neptune or with Saturn square their Sun. Compared with full-term births, preemies were twice as likely to be born with Saturn conjunct their Sun or with Neptune square their Sun. Mars is another astrological indicator of physical development, and this planet is typically challenged by Saturn or Neptune in the birth charts of preemies.

http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001516.HTM

Here is a thread that basically sums up how I'd think about it:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12761

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote        
I think you already know I'm interested in astrology from previous threads xD I also find the Chinese signs interesting although I keep up with them less; If I knew more about tarot cards and had a deck of my own I'd really enjoy them too, but I can't use my moms because I know with those you are supposed to find one for yourself and such. But I really don't know too much about any of it beyond basic knowledge.

I'm water (cancer /o/) in the Western zodiac, and a Wood Dog for my chinese sign.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Empy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
Imma water ox and a water scorpio. I like being a scorpio but I dunno about being an ox, they say they're really good mothers Roll Eyes

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote        
wait how do you find your element? O:

edit: http://whatismysign.net/what-is-my-element/

I used that website and it said I was Air... hurhur funny cause of my last Avi XD

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote        
In western astrology, certain signs are certain elements iirc... Cancer/Pisces/Scorpio are water, Virgo/Taurus/Capricorn are earth, Aries/Leo/Sagittarius are fire, and Gemini/Libra/Aquarius are air.

In Chinese astrology it just depends on what year you were born /o/ Just google Chinese astrology element lol.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I remember Ace. xP I was too lazy to track the other thread down and people wanted to talk about it. I figured a new one can't hurt.

I don't know much about tarot cards. They seem interesting, though.

Yeah, I just looked up the Chinese one. Water Monkey.

When I look at my natal chart, water is still the ruling element.
Air: MC, Jupiter, Saturn
Earth: AC, Uranus, Neptune
Fire: Node, Venus, Chiron
Water: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Mars, Pluto

And you may note that most of my inner planets are water. Huh.

Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote        
I wanted to learn how to do horoscopes but was actually put off by the complexity, I'm just a little lazy really. But I do think it's absurd to think that we are so cut off from other planetary bodies. Did you know there are species of galactic algae that can exist in the vacuum of space and cover huge areas in webs of algae neuron activity? so that's one thing.

we've studied the skies for so long I am interested in the psychology impact it's had on us even if I have no patience to actually learn how to read horoscopes atm. in particular i enjoy manly p. hall's lectures on the subject which maybe some of you will enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eubm_fZmCs