Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Mystycia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
So, I've found two more pet peeves as of recent. First, someone saying that someone else has said something about me, be it good or bad, and then refusing to speak a word of what that was, even when I ask nicely. And second, when someone doesn't know proper terminology for say.. A web browser and calling it "internets".

asdfghjkl;

That was within two days. A pet peeve a day.

Well then.

Though, I think the main reason why the second one bothers me so much, is, I'm one of those people who for some reason, gets annoyed at something not being called the proper term, probably because of in grade 8, I made my own web browser, and did a bunch of research and stuff, so, it bothers me when people say "oh, you made your own internet?". It's like "OH! For suuuuuure. I made my OWN internet server, and don't need a provider for internet now. No, I made a 'WEB BROWSER' not 'internet', there's a difference.". But, I'm a rather blunt/straight forward person like that, and kind of technical at times too...

So! On the topic of pet peeves, what sort of things bother you? Have you found anything recently that you'd consider a pet peeve?

(Yay for discussions! 8D)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote        
Wow. A web browser! Did you make it from scratch or use a template?

Mystycia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote        
Scratch pretty much. I used Visual Basics, though.
I had to put the pieces onto the window that would have been considered the project, arrange it, and then do the coding to make each piece work.

Turns out a simple web browser with basic functions such as the url address bar, back, forward, refresh, and home I think, only requires 5 to 6 snippets of coding. Yet, can baffle an entire school(at least, with mine, like, no one had any knowledge of coding, not even the tech teacher.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote        
I still consider that to be from a template. I was talking about from scratch scratch.

Aperire

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
Honestly, my biggest pet peeve is when people use the word "intimate" or sex.

BEING INTIMATE WITH SOMEONE DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE SEX WITH THEM. It means you have a close emotional relationship. But because a majority of the population takes it as that, people like me can't say they have an intimate relationship with their best friend without that kid in the back snickering because they think I have hot lesbian sex with her.

I don't get it either. There is plenty of sex that goes on that is nowhere near intimate.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote        
I agree with you. Duh It kills me when people act like that. I love the word intimacy too. It's such a pretty, profound word, and people can't think past sex whenever you use it. >_>

DirtyCouture

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:37 am Reply with quote        
I have sensory processing disorder, so my pet peeves are more of triggers.

And the list is endless.

Lip Smacking

Someone coughing right next to me without covering their mouth (seriously? Sharing is not caring when it comes to diseases...)

Snoring, like...not light snoring, but really heavy, 'is someone using a chainsaw?' snoring. Partly because I know that could mean that they have something wrong with their breathing while sleeping.

People who touch my food/plate/drinks. I just...no. You're not going to touch my plate, cup, food, nothing that is going into my mouth is going to be touched by anyone. Just no.

Foods with a certain texture. Like I seriously CANNOT eat super crunchy foods (like...whole, unpeeled apples, any raw veggie pretty much). If I'm eating something that is predominantly soft and I bite into something crunchy, I start gagging. I have always been like that. Duh

There's more, but I don't want to list all of them. Sweat
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote        
I hope I don't offend you here, so you can ignore my post if it bugs you. That's really interesting. How does sensory processing disorder come about? Is it mainly psychological?

There are certain textures in food that I can't stand either, but it's mushy/soft stuff for me, so pretty much the opposite of yours.

DirtyCouture

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
I hope I don't offend you here, so you can ignore my post if it bugs you. That's really interesting. How does sensory processing disorder come about? Is it mainly psychological?

There are certain textures in food that I can't stand either, but it's mushy/soft stuff for me, so pretty much the opposite of yours.

Not much offends me anymore. Weeeee And the way you worded the question is not offensive at all, I've had people ask me things like, "Shouldn't you be in an institution?" Things like that offend me, but honestly curious questions are lovely.

It's actually neurological. The sensory receptors are messed up for whatever reason, causing all sorts of issues which each sense.

Like, it's hard for me to get in cars (it's basically a mini war with me and whoever is trying to get me into a car) because the motion and sounds and sights and smells are all slamming into my brain faster than I can process it, which isn't an issue for most people, because they're born with the ability to tune certain things out, while people with SPD don't have that luxury. You hear, see, smell, taste, feel and catalog everything at a rate that most people would go insane by, but people with SPD just deal with it because they've always dealt with it.

Annnnd...I'm rambling. Lips are Zipped
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote        
Ah, I'm glad I didn't bother you. ^^; I dunno, I felt like saying "that's interesting!" somehow invalidated your experiences because it ignored the experiences for the disorder. Maybe I worry too much.

Ahh, I see. It must be really difficult for you to deal with then, and even more-so because it seems like not many people would be sensitive to your triggers. How do you try to cope?