Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
miamia609

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote        
"Erm, yes, I think I'll get a fed one. For some reason I tend to dislike spontaneous comustion and feel no need to explode." Nic laughed nervously. "No matter how nice the bloke is," she added. Taggert looked mildly embarrased at the mention of combustion and started fiddling with his tie, which Nic found strange, since he wasn't wearing a suit. Why wear a tie, then?

"Nice holoscreen." Nic checked the fridge and grabbed a nutrition pack. She'd been eating these a lot under most recent months. She sat on the couch and watched Taggert. "Is that illegal?" she asked when he finally spun around to smile at her.

She noticed something about the government strategies and the like and wondered what exactly the man was doing.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote        
"Is it?" Taggert asked, glancing back at his screen. He shrugged, then minimized the windows with a wave of his hand. "No one's tried to arrest me for it. Unless that why was that one fed came after me...I never did let him finish listing the charges..." Taggert flashed Nic a grin to maker her think he was joking.

"No, it's not illegal," he said, "I have permission. My boss has access to these files, and therefore so do I. Completely a-okay with Johnny Law. Still, you're a bounty hunter. Most aren't concerned with legality. Or are you the kind that gets bounties straight from the feds and brings in actual criminals? Y'know, a Whitehat? Heh, a Whitehat taking a job from the Mistress. That's not something that happens very often."

miamia609

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote        
"Heh," Nic laughed, a bit dryly. "Mebbe not, unless you're a fed,"

"Still," She continued, "not sure I agree completely with 'Johnny Law'," She gave him an over-exaggerated suspicious look. "Who is yer boss, anyway?" She added, as a bit of an afterthought.

"And nope, definitely not a Whitehat. Think I've killed a few of those blokes in my day, if I remember," Nic was rather disgusted at the mention of Whitehats. She was joking, of course, when she said she'd killed 'em, as she'd only killed approximately six or seven blokes in her career, but she didn't really remember who they were. She was more of the type of Hunter who found the ducks and returned 'em to the guys they'd squealed on.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote        
Taggert threw back his head and laughed at the insinuation.

"Nic," he said, if I was a fed, "I'd have a bigger apartment that's actually got a kitchen, a better computer, more resources, and a speeder that has waaaaay better mileage. 'Sides, feds would'n hire me. I have a few too many speedin' tickets." Taggert grinned as he pushed his sleeves up to his elbows, and stretched for the fridge. He pulled out some tasteless looking bar and a drink, took a bite, grimaced, then gulped some of the liquid to cover up the taste.

"Blech" he said, "this stuff gets worse every year." Taggert continued this cycle.of chomp, grimace, chug as he slumped further down in his chair.

"Anyway...my boss is a guy, whose name I don't know, who's a contractor for the feds. He's stuck, and has enemies who're breathing down his neck and he's got deep pockets. I'm helpin' out with his problem." Taggert chose to let Nic decide whether thr problem he was helping with was the enemies or the job the contractor was stuck on. Quickly, Taggert gulped down the last of the nutrition pac, shuddered at the taste, then tossed the wrapping behind him in the general direction of the trash can. The wad of crumpled plastic bounced off the rim and fell to the floor, and Taggert groaned quiey.

"I'll...get that later," he said, unwilling to get up from his very comfortable chair, "and hey, don't knock Whitehats. Decent folks. One o' my best mates is a Whitehat, and he gets paid almost as much as me. Almost." With that, Taggert stretched his long arms upward, his shoulders and back cracking loudly. Taggert groaned happily at the release of pressure, and sank even further down into his seat.

"Ooooh, I needed that," the man muttered, "bloody long day. Anyhow...what about you? Not that I don't know who your boss is...but why the Mistress? Couldn't find any other work?"

miamia609

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote        
"Yeh," said Nic, "I was just jokin'. You're not the fed type, anyway. Too immature." She grinned at this last bit. She was serious, though, but not immature in a bad way. In her opinion, feds were way too serious.

"Mm-hmm," Nic mumbled to show she was listening. "Contractor, huh? Sounds important."

Taggert took some nutritious junk and a drink from the small, nondescript refrigerator, devoured it with a grimace, and tossed it on the floor near the trash can. He seemed reluctant to move out of his chair. "Yer a ninja." Nic sighed and moved to pick it up. She stuffed it in the much-trafficked can and slumped back down onto the couch.

"Anyway, the Mistress." Nic realized just how much she really hated the woman. "I guess I was pretty desperate, to go ta her. But my family needed the money, and I was seventeen." She shrugged, then went on. "She had good money, and this bloke I met suggested 'er. 'Parently, 'e was a Hunter too, 'back in his day,' as he used ta tell me." She trailed off for a moment. "'Course, he died a few years later, some kinda mutiny 'gainst him." Nic realized she kind of missed Sparky. He'd been like a brother to her. She felt a little sad.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote        
"Immature?" Taggert repeated, feigning disbelief, "Ah, you wound me! Look at me, I even have a tie!" He adjusted the tie, as if to prove that it was, in fact, there, and not a figment of his imagination. "Feds generally have ties. Although theirs don't normally have garrotes hidden in them." Taggert winked, then leaned further back in his chair, tiling it up onto two legs and balancing there.

"I dunno how important the guy is," Taggert admitted, "I haven't gotten around to researching him. I just got the gig last week. Been doin' groundwork. Runnin' from here ta there, basic information on the job 'n such. Before I get down to the nitty gritty I'll find 'im. Shouldn't be too hard." Taggert shrugged, shifted his weight so that the chair was balancing on one leg, and started spinning.

"And yes. I am a ninja. But it is late, and I had a long day, and that trash can ain't goin' anywhere, so there's no real point in pickin' up that one little wrapper right now when it woulda still been there tomorrow morning. But thanks anyway." Taggert continued to spin lazily on his chair as Nic gave up her past. Possibly more than she intended. Broke family, probably wallowing in crime. Hunters don't become family friends of upstanding citizens. This man was obviously close to Nic, the way her face fell when she mentioned his death, but Taggert wondered if the man had any brains, sending a seventeen year old to the Mistress. There were other people, other walking wallets that needed work done. Taggert would look into this guy. Later, when Nic wasn't around.

But he didn't voice any of this. Instead he said, "Hunters live dangerous lives. 'M sorry yer friend died."

miamia609

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:11 am Reply with quote        
"Mm, now that's a good image to take ta bed," Nic joked, sadness forgotten. "How about I forget that little bit o' unwanted information." Although, most eighteen-year-old girls don't usually carry daggers in their camisoles, Nic thought. Her dagger even came with a disguising lens. Put it in the handle and no metal machine can see it. She contemplated telling this to Taggert before catching herself. Nic kept her face stoic.

Taggert spun lazily in the chair, which squeaked loudly in protest. "'Kay. You got any idea who yer boss wants dead 'r found?" Nic asked.

"Sure. I see yer point. But I kinda grew up in a strict household, and I gotta pick anything up that I find on the floor."

"S'okay." Nic mumbled simply.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote        
Taggert smoothed his tie once, smiling faintly. It was always fun to see the expression of an attacker when he realized he was about to be strangled with a tie.

"Forget whatcha like," Taggert said to Nic, "Out of all the things you seen in me home so far, me tie's the last thing I need to worry about. Anyway yeah, I know 'xactly who the target is." With a shift of his hips and a wave of his hand, Taggert spun around and brought up a few faces, and the name of a company.

"These two are brothers," he said, gesturing to two of the faces, "They're muscle for this company that doesn't want my client to finish his job. Their boss is this guy. My client wants me to...convince this lot that letting my client finish his job. That's the difficult part. Gotta pressure 'em into laying off without them striking back at me. And apparently, these guys have itchy trigger fingers." Taggert shrugged nonchalantly.

"But hey, I get paid half up front. Not a bad gig, y'kn-BUGGER!" Taggert's weight shifted a little too far, and his chair tumbled out from under him, and he fell to the floor. He sat there for a moment, flat on his back, scowling up at the ceiling.

"Ow," he said, "Well that was graceful."

miamia609

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quote        
Taggert got a rather creepy smile on his face as he was stroking his very "colorful" tie. Nic decided that she didn't like it. She'd have to sleep with one eye open in this house.

Nic suppressed a laugh. "Graceful, indeed. Like a ballet danc'r." She allowed herself a smirk, though she was cracking up inside.

Nic squinted at the photos and the company names that were still floating on the holoscreen. "Wait! That bloke, the one in the hat! I saw 'im before." Nic exclaimed. "But 'e told ev'ryone 'is name was Jonah..." Nic continued, "He was a shop vendor though, in Limerick. Yeah, it was def'nitely 'im!"

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
Taggert craned his neck to see the face Nic was pointing out from his rather low vantage point.

"Hmm? Shop in Limerick you say?" Taggert tried to roll the chair upright, but sort of just rocked back and forth, then gave up. He knew he shouldn't have bought the apartment with comfy floors.

"Yeah, if you scroll down, you'll see the list of businesses and aliases for each of those," Taggert told Nic, waving at the faces, "there's a bunch. Big corporation. Although, 's far as I c'n tell, that guy's name is Mace Guthrie, an' his brother's Kelly. The boss is Macon O'Harris. They've each got more 'n a dozen aliases each, though I think most of 'em are just burn names. Use it once then done with it. Corporation's massive. These three have their hand in everything. I only been lookin' at 'em for a week, and I've seen evidence of just about every kinda scheme you or the police care to name. And've been convicted a gran' total of zero times." Taggert made a circle with his thumb and forefinger to emphasize the number. He sighed, and glared up at the ceiling, and let his arm fall back down to the floor.

"Should be fun gettin' 'em to crack..."

miamia609

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
Nic nodded. "He may or may not 'ave been selling some sort o' mechanical pieces on th' Black Market. They looked important."

She poked at the screen with her fingernail. My nail polish is chipping, she thought to herself. "Don't think I've ever seen any o' these companies an' such." Nic commented. "O'Harris Con School? Now tha' sounds illegal. Maybe I should enroll," she joked, grinning her cheshire smile.

"Sure it will."

{OOC;
Sorry for crappy post. Have writers block. So do we have a plot or something or are we just winging it?}