Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote        
He sighed to himself, as he made his way through the dense trees and thick shrubbery of the forest that surrounded them.

'....she's not in a very good mood...' he thought to himself, as he glanced at the dark-skinned woman that was following him.

She had been waiting patiently for this for almost 5 weeks... and waiting impatiently for the following 5. He knew that it had to be now, and it had to work... otherwise there would be hell to pay.

She was a woman that got her way... and always made sure that she got her way. If she didn't get her way, she shifted things around to accommodate it, yes, but those that failed her found their ends... and not in a quick or merciful way.

"The necromancers are assembled." he told her, as he pushed through some large leaves, and held them out of the way for her.

"According to them, they should be just finishing drawing the energy circle, and are all prepared to perform the ritual." he continued.

"They said that they have been researching and practising this for almost a month now, and there should be no interruptions or mistakes." he went on, hoping that this would at least please her a little.

"All that's needed is for you to oversee this, so that you can witness the fruition of your dreams and goals." he added, hiding his own excitement.

It wasn't that he was particularly looking forward to what was about to happen... he wasn't against it, either. It was just something that was going to happen. It would shake up the world and it's imposed restrictions, and that was all the reason he needed for it to happen.

But there was more to it. The woman behind him. He would do anything for her. He was loyal to her, almost to a fault. He would do whatever she wanted, wherever she wanted, whenever she wanted, to whomever she wanted. He was devoted to her... because he cared about her. Deeply. Moreso than anyone else in the world.

"You'll see. Everything will finally go as planned, and success will finally be achieved."
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote        
She followed, although she didn't seem to be paying complete attention to him. As she walked, she kept getting lost in the forest. It may not hav ebeen her home, but it felt like it, felt close enoughto be.

"This had better work, otherwise you're head is on the platter along with theirs." She promised, her tone sharp, as he had come to love.

As she stepped into the rather large clearing, she saw the necromancers that had been tasked with this setting things up and finishing all that needed to be done before the actual ritual was started.

"They had just better not fuck up." She growled as she leaned against a tree and moved a lock of her silver hair out of her face.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote        
He looked to the necromancers.

"Don't worry. They said they'd stake their very lives on this ritual working." he assured her, before looking back to her.

"Of course, what they don't know is that they actually are." he said quietly, and with a cruel laugh.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote        
"Christopher, you have been telling me for years that it is possible to do this." She started, her voice cold, and her tone sharp.

"Is it actually possible?" She asked, an almost accusatory tone to her voice. It was as if she didn't believe what he'd told her so many times in the past.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
He nodded.

"Yes, it's possible." he said.

"The final key to the equation, is someone standing in the middle of the circle, to channel, focus, and actually use the mana." he told her.

"I.E.... me." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
"I pray you succeed. For if you don't, whatever the rune will do to you is far better than what I will do." She snarled, the threat strong enough to make anyones skin crawl as one of the necromancers approached.

"Uhh... we... we're don--" They started before finding their throat caught in a vice grip.

"Show fear around me, and I'll play on it." The woman warned, her tone as sharp as her nails, which were digging into their throat with enough force to draw blood, and seriously get in the way of blood flow and air.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote        
He sighed.

"If you kill that one, the ritual will be delayed for another god knows how long." he told the woman.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
She growled before throwing the necromancer down.

"Get to work then." She ordered.

"Christopher, you too." She added
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
The necromancer scurried away, obviously scared, before telling the others to get into position.

Christopher then nodded, and made his way to the centre of the rune.

"All right! All of you start pulsing your mana into the rune as we discussed before!" he ordered them.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote        
There were a couple of scared glances over towards the woman with the silver hair before they all got into proper position and did as they were ordered to. As they started to pour their mana in, the rune started to suck the light out of the area, and it would be visible globally as well. The light was being removed from the sky, as it all was blanketted in an inky almost blackness.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote        
As the sky turned dark, the rune began to glow brighter and bright, as Chris started to full with mana and energy.

"Yes... yes... that's it! I can feel it!" he exclaimed.

-

Ash was making his way through the forest, when he noticed everything turn dark and black.

"What the...?" he asked.

"Okaaaaaay... something tells me this isn't natural..."
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote        
Cass just stopped in her tracks and looked around.

".. I agree. And this can't be from the wendigo. It can't be." She said. "There's no way that it, as a species, could have the power needed for something like this."
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote        
He looked to the sky, and watched it turn even darker.

"It's... almost as if..." he muttered, trailing off some.

"The sky itself is being drained of colour..."
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
"Or life..." Cass said before grasping his hand.

"I'm getting you out of here. Get your target later." She said befor ethey vanished in pulse of magic. Or at least, before she tried to have them vanish. Unexpectedly, what it was that happened, was as the magic collected around them, Cass was blasted into a tree as a rather strong pulse of mana rent the air.

--

"It's finally going to happen..." The woman said, her voice almost soft as there was a pulse of mana. She braced herself and barely moved when it came at her.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote        
Ash was sent flying into a large boulder, and was dazed for a moment, before looking to Cass.

"Cass!" he called out.

-

The necromancers managed to hold their ground as well, as Chris started to glow bright with energy, his eyes becoming hollow and white.

But then, something strange happened. The rune stopped glowing it's bright purple colour, and changed to a deep red, small lightning-like sparks of magic arcing from the lines that had been drawn.