Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote        

\\But your holy shows and the Romans know//

Any thoughts that may have been going through Marcia's head were pushed to the side for a moment as a blinding flash went off. Marcia rubbed her eyes and blinked as the people that were there before were suddenly gone. There was no way that those two could have run off so quickly without a trace. Was she seeing things? No, the knife-wielding maniac was still there and seemed just as taken by surprise as she was.

“Hm. Strange.” Marcia rubbed her eyes again and looked over at the other girl who was just as confused as she was. And her cell phone was currently not working. Great. So much for modern technology always being there when you needed it. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. There was a reason she didn't trust the stuff.

Marcia looked around a little closer for a payphone and saw one not too far off. She ran over to it, fishing in her pocket for change. It was in her hand by the time she got to the phone, and she hastily put it in and dialed the number.

\\That you're just a child of circumstance//

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote        

//Once you know you can never go back\\

Are you kidding me kid, you seriously fainted?!! Ten thought to himself as the boy in his arm shuddered and went limp, It's like you're trying to make it impossible to get you out of here...well, at least you aren't screaming anymore... Ten scanned the shadow he was standing in to see if anyone was walking past in the daylit world, then looked around behind him.

Just like every other time Ten looked around, the shadow world was a universe entirely unlit and indiscernible to the human eye. The key between Ten's teeth hummed softly as he looked around, making his eyes more than human. Ten could see the differences in the completely identical shades of black easily, and after a moment of staring, he could make out the side of a building. He knew that the building, shining as if covered in water, was identical to the one in the alley, but outside the shadow connecting the two realms was an alien world. Ten didn't have the nerve to face the creatures out there, but he could move around inside the shadow without endangering himself.

Ten shifted his grip on the kid and pulled him up into a fireman's lift. He thanked whatever deity was present in this realm, if any, that physics didn't really apply as he dug his fingers into the quasi-solid brick wall and started climbing. The kid's weight dragged him down a little, but Ten's own weight was basically nonexistent.

Ten skittered to the top of the shadow, looked out to the daylight world to see where he'd be popping out, then dropped out onto a fire escape landing in the daylit world. He lifted the kid up and rolled onto the roof, safely out of sight.

After a moment of scrabbling in his bag, Ten pulled out his phone. It was back on after the EMP knocked it out, and Ten dialled 911 as he started going about making sure the kid was not actually dead. That would suck.

"Yeah, 911? Um, I'm on..." Ten reeled off the address of the building he was on, "and there's this woman...totally nuts. She's got a gun and a knife. A kid's already gotten stabbed. I got him to the roof, but he's bleedin' bad. Look, I'm not a doctor, I have no idea how bad he is. No, he fainted, but that might've been from the shock of being stabbed for no good reason! Sorry sorry...stay here? Not a problem, I don't plan on moving." With that, Ten hung up, then waited at the edge of the roof, listening carefully for sounds of pursuit.

//I've got to take it on the otherside\\

ladygem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote        

//When she was just a girl\\

Audrey did as the girl said, and froze in place, her eyes still watching the man with the gun. He was being surrounded by cops, which wasn't surprising considering he pulled a gun in the middle of the subway station. But wait, were these real cops? Technically, she had shot first, although clearly not well enough, and not because the man wasn't trying. At the very least they both should be arrested. She had a pretty clear case for self defense, but this was New York.
She thought back to the girl. If her key let her do the blood thing, maybe the girl's key let her do the thing with the cops. Were they being controlled or illusions or something else? Well, she'd have to ask questions later. When they weren't in immediate danger.
The man shot at one of the cops, who showed no reaction. Most likely some sort of illusion then, and one that might not last much longer. The man might not be as quick to react as she was, but he had to notice something was off if a guy took a hit took the chest and didn't even react. A real person would have felt it even through a bullet proof vest.
Speaking of bullet proof vests, she should probably brace for some sort of retaliation. She willed her blood to become dense enough to repel bullets. She really hoped it would work, she'd only tried it against knives before.

//She expected the world\\

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote        

\\Come on, show your face * Come on, give us one more spark//

The group of illusions grew closer. They couldn't cause harm, but they could make a pretty intimidating wall. Susan grabbed the other girl and lifted her off the ground, keeping low and moving towards the stairs. "We should get out of here asap." She remarked, walking with her to get far away from the man with the REAL gun. "They'll only distract him for so long, so we should get out of sight."

She grabbed her own things and ran up to the steps, ascending quickly and looking back at the other girl with a key to encourage her to get moving. "The faster we get out of here, the faster we can find a crowd, don't you think?" She was in panicked leader mode. Kind of like how she got during hell week at the theater, but with ten times more adrenaline. Someone actually wanted her DEAD- and for what? Her key? As if she would give it up even if her life depended on it. She took a hold of it, concentrating on it carefully. It was warm and comforting and hers and like HELL she was gonna let someone think they could kill her for it.

//Sing a song of fire * Let's then fall into the dark\\