Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Event Feedback and Discussion

What was your favorite event so far?
Halloween '08
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Winter Solstice '08/'09
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Lavishing Lovers(V-day '09)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lotus Festival '09
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Summer Tournament '09
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Mido's First Birthday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Halloween '09
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Winter Soltice '09/'10
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Lotus Festival '10
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

:3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:08 am Reply with quote        
Well then this is the place to post them!

Also please post any feedback you guys have about the halloween event plz? 8D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote        
I don't feel like it. XP

But, I'll give feedback once I'm on later. I have to go in five minutes which isn't enough time to write up my feedback. ^_^;;

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Kitty Rayven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote        
I like the idea of the Decorate a Tree, or Family Photo contest. That would be fun!
Maybe add in a lil history about your family!
My lil brother was the one who introduced me to Midorea(of which I am very glad), so I kinda went with it and put his character here into my family history.

I wouldn't mind seeing a big Cmas event on here, since I missed last year and didn't join till Halloween.

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
Oh I like decorate a tree! It would be easy for people to cheat in though sadly. ;3; Maybe I will do like make a Midorea themed ornament?

The only problem though is that Midorea tends to go with a icey/wintery theme not a christmas-y one. >.> I don't think an ice carving contest would get many entries...if any. xD

Maybe I'll do a snowflake contest! I loved cutting snowflakes out of paper when I was a kid! I still would if I didn't hate cleaning it up so much. xD

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
eisylefae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote        
I missed all the events (... Sad ) but they sound fantastic! So make the next one extra special for all of us who are new but still love the site ^-^

The snowflake idea sounds good to me!

Please feed Symbiose so he can mutate! ^-^
Freshie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote        
This is general feedback more or less, but the events help it it grow ever so much. :3
I always love the background and npc art for the site. The artists we have are so awesome. >w<
<3

killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote        
The event that I most loved (that I was on here for) might've been the Lotus Festival, items and storyline-wise, though it was really hard to get one of each item, especially since I'm terrible at posting loads.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:14 am Reply with quote        
Well, my best suggestion is to have a few more random but simple events.
What I mean is(and yes, it would be a lot of work) single day events that NOBODY knew we're coming. Then people would want to be more active between known events because they would never know when they may pop up.
Something like a third Saturday Tea Party kinda thing(not that I'm suggesting that theme for it each time) but where for one day, in one thread(or Event section, chosen to be different each time so people have to look through.) And the Mods post a symbol and those that see it can quote it and recieve the event moneys. Which can then be used in what could be a permanent event shop with special items uploaded for only those times.

I know that it would take a ton of coding the first time it was set up, but then afterwards it shouldn't be that hard. It would mostly be just making a couple extra items for the day/weekend events. And those items would end up being worth so much. They could also be prizes later for people who had a really hard time earning them. The Event currency could stay the same for that one so if you didn't like the shop stuff that time you could save it for the next time.

<___> I didn't think I was going to write so much when I suggested it... maybe it's harder than I think it would be. Not that I think it would be easy at all mind you... but whenever I think about random prizes it makes me more active. I like stuff! Sweat

Also, looking to trade gold for MANY things!
Sales Thread: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=7770
Art Sales Thread: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=321656#321656
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote        
I have quite a few issues with that.
-It doesn't seem very fair to anyone who can't keep an eye on the site 24/7 - and that includes myself and Cat.
-It would lose its "special" appeal, having a permanent shop and knowing that it would occur more than once.
-It would be incredibly difficult to find a balance between running them too much and too little, creating unique enough items, focusing on other things, etc.
-It's disorganized. Even if you plan it a lot, the community still senses some tone of disorganization, and without a doubt, all new users at any point will have no clue about what's going on.
-And honestly, it seems like a pain to keep up with. It would become more of an obligation to the staff than anything, I think, and that doesn't make for fun events.

Now, if there were random day-long monster drops, it'd be a little different, but even them, the system just makes everything too frustrating. I'd personally get tired of checking every single day for that one item that I wanted, only to find out that it just happened to be released on the day that I was gone. The frustration just isn't worth it in the end.

Sanzoskitten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:57 pm Reply with quote        
Ahh, I always enjoyed the random things at other sites like that. Maybe something quite a bit simpler would be better like they had where it was literally a tiny prize for being active sent everyone now and again, at the owner's discretion.
They had a simple item sent out to any active users who had been on the day before. Perhaps something like that, only instead of just logging in it would have to be users who had made a certain amount of posts in the last day/week?
I wouldn't suggest revealing the number of posts if that were implemented though because then people would only make that and then disappear. 8C

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote        
I still can't say that I'm for it because of my first listed point: it's not fair to members who, say, were completely active, and just happened to miss that day.

Sanzoskitten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
No, but I don't see it as completely unfair. It would be luck just like monster drops and people who are on that often deserve something nice as well.
But I've never been one to see that type of thing as unfair. Thats why I suggested making it a posting thing instead.

I'm too chill I guess and seeing people get stuff from being really active like that makes me feel that they deserve it. Sweat It would also encourage lots of people to trade for it and so be more active in the forums, people could have an extra if they used their mules just as much.

Alyssia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote        
O before I forget, I remember you talking about how you were the one that had something to do with making the event on the site or something like that...so what I was going to ask (even though its a ways away) was that for the halloween event, instead of the normal types of items...do you think it'd be possible to have some that had to do with scary movies? I don't think its something that I've ever seen on any site before so I though it'd be kind of cool as like an extra to go along side the usual items.

I'm still working on this idea, and how to incorporate it into an event.
I was thinking along the lines of a scavenger hunt or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote        
I don't know if this has been said much, but I like events where battling was an option to get event items just as much as posting. Despite being on a forum, I'm not really much of a conversationalist and getting items through posting and chance was never a thing I was fond of.

I love the option of "kill ___ [insert monster here] to get items too.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote        
Thank you for the feedback. :] We'll certainly keep that in mind.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2