Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote        
"....and that is how you carefully and safely handle a baby dragon." the professor said, before droning on about eating habits and diet and the like.

Salem just sighed, as he stared into space and pretending to be taking notes. It was his final year at Hogwarts, the best magic academy in the known magic world, but he found himself unable to concentrate.

Even as the lessons continued, outside the walls, a brutal war was being fought, between two sects of wizards. One large group of wizards had always sided with Voldemort and Salazar Slytherin... they just never made it known.

Over the past few hundred years, ever since that historic battle, they had been amassing their numbers, and waiting for the proper time to strike. But they were meaner and more vicious than ever. Not only did they wish to eradicate all muggles and mud-bloods in the world, but also all those pure-blood wizards that sided with them. They were scum as well, and were to be eliminated from the world.

His own parents were fighting in the war right now, and he wondered how they were doing. It made it virtually impossible to concentrate on his studies. He was always wondering how they were doing... were they still alive? What were they doing in the war?

He sighed again, as he shook his head, his shoulder-length silver hair waving back and forth some.

"....remember.... always need to be.... wings are very... their teeth need to be... and it's always a good idea to..." the professor droned on and on. It was all stuff he knew, anyway.

Even though it had never been taught to them before, he knew all this stuff by heart. How did he know it? That was his little secret, and he'd tried very hard to make sure it stayed a secret. And he was succeeding. He'd been succeeding for nearly 3 years now.

'Yeah, yeah, blah blah blah...' he thought, as he glanced about the room, his steel blue eyes surveying the students.

Everyone else seemed to be distracted as well, but were trying their hardest to concentrate on the lesson that was being dictated.

'How can anyone even think about school right now?' he wondered.

The war was very serious, but not so bad that students were drafted into it. From all that they had heard, the war was pretty even, but those that sided against those that backed Salazar Slytherin's teachings and beliefs had the advantage.

Still, given that, he found it hard to concentrate on his studies. Mostly because he harboured another secret. One that nobody knew of. One that he almost wished -he- didn't know of. He wished he could be ignorant of it, or that it was a lie... but he knew it wasn't.

So... he went back to pretending to pay attention, his eyes almost glazing over, as the professor just continued to prattle on in a dull monotone voice.
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quote        
She was standing a few feet behind him and just sighed as she noticed his attention waning again. She just shook her head lightly as she returned to paying attention to what the professor was saying. It didn't matter to her, but it was something that she knew that she had to do, otherwise she would end up in some serious trouble.

She was in her final year as well, but was a year younger. She'd managed to skip a year early on, mostly because of her sheer determination and dedication to her schoolwork. No one knew the reasons as to why though, just like no one knew the reasons as to the various marks that adorned her body. Of course, she wasn't going to tell anyone, for the moment she did was the moment she died. She knew that, and she feared that.

She just crumpled up some parchment and tossed it lightly at the one in front of her. It hit him on top of the head, but of course the professor didn't notice it, he was too caught up in what he was talking about. When he picked it up, he saw that there was writing on it.

Hey, bored? How about a game of wizards chess after class? It read simply, and even she had no idea why the hell she was asking.
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote        
He read the note, and raised an eyebrow. He knew who this was from, as only one person sat behind him.

He grabbed his quill and scratched something out on the same page. He then looked to make sure that the professor wasn't looking.

He wasn't. Which was no big surprise. Most of the students were sure that he talked just to hear his own voice, and to fluff up his own ego. He just wanted to show that he was a professor, and that he was so smart. Salem had already heard a couple of flaws and slight misinformations in the lecture, but he had enough strikes against him for challenging the information given. So he'd just given up on it.

Nevertheless, he waited until the professor's back was turned, before lighting tossing it back, so that it landed right in front of the girl.

His own writing read:

God, yes. I could really use some intellectual stimulation after this brain drain.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
She caught the parchment and just snickered slightly when she read it. She agreed with him, most definitely, but wasn't sure about how this would turn out. She was often ostracized by her classmates, solely because of the fact that people had an odd read on her. Nevermind the fact that they were convinced that she should have been in a different house.

She scribbled more on the page before tossing it back to him again.

Since this is the last class of the day, meet me in the Great Hall about an hour after? Give us time to put our stuff away and such.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote        
Got it. he wrote back, before tossing the paper back to her, showing he understood.

'Heh... maybe I'll finally have some fun lately.' he thought with a smile, as he pretended to listen to the professor drone on and on.

-An hour later-

Salem stretched a bit, as he opened the doors to the Great Hall, and stepped inside.

"All right then..." he said to himself, as he shut the doors behind him.

The place was almost dead, meaning that it would be relatively easy to locate the one that challenged him to the chess game... and easy for her to locate him, if she saw him first. But he decided to give a little verbal cue, anyway.

"Hello?" he asked loudly, his voice echoing throughout the room.

"You here?" he asked further, knowing she would know what he was referring to, and that he was speaking to her.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
She was sitting at one of the tables, her chess set in front of her and already set up as she was reading a book and seeming to not be paying any attention. When she heard his voice she looked up though, and over to him.

"Hey!" She called out, waving her arm a bit to get his attention.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote        
He looked over to her, and saw the waving. He nodded to show that he had heard and seen her, and started to make his way over.

'First time in a while that someone's asked for a game of chess with me.' he thought, as he made his way closer and closer.

Once he got there, he sat across from her and smiled a little.

"Hey." he greeted her.

"Forgive this question, but I see you around a bit... but I'm not sure what house you're in." he admitted.

"Are you Gryffindor like me, or Ravenclaw?" he asked.

"I ask, because you don't seem the type to be Hufflepuff or Slytherin."
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
"I'm not enough of a wuss to be in Hufflepuff, and Slytherin? ehhh, it would be a possibility, trust me on that one." She said with a small chuckle.

"But I'm in Ravenclaw." She told him with a small smile.

"Name's Aimee." She added.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh, I trust you." he said.

"A lot of people are more than what they seem." he added cryptically, before shaking his head some.

"And I'm Salem. From Gryffindor." he introduced himself in return, before looking to the chess set that she had set up.

"So... what caused you to ask for a game?" he then asked her curiously.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh nothing really. Just maybe the fact that I could feel how desperate you were get out of there before you risked dentention, or expulsion." Aimee said with a shrug as she motioned to the seat across from her.

"Have a seat." She said, keeping a cheery and upbeat attitude, aura and appearance.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote        
He nodded, and scooted his chair over, so that he was directly across from her now.

"Well, thanks." he said.

"I really can't stand listening to him drone on and on about stuff that he thinks he knows everything about." he sighed.

"Especially when he's -wrong- about certain things." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote        
She looked at him curiously.

"Oh? Like what?" She asked.

"Seriously. What's he wrong about? And how would you know?"
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote        
He sighed.

"Well, he mentioned that a baby dragon's wings are still tough as nails, and can take a good amount of abuse." he told her.

"In actuality, while a dragon is still considered a baby, their wings are very soft, delicate, and a lot more flexible." he continued.

"After all, dragons grow to be very big creatures. If their wings were to be strong and tough as a youngling, then growing would tear their wings apart and make it very painful for them." he explained.

"Also, he's wrong that a dragon is considered a baby for the first 5 years of it's life." he went on.

"It differs from species to species, and it's all dependant on season cycles. It can be anywhere between 4 season cycles, and 14."
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote        
Aimee just wuirked an eyebrow as he spoke.

"Ok, how do you know that? That's not something that is generally common knowledge."
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
His pupils shrank for a split-second, before he immediately composed himself.

"Oh, my parents did a lot of research on the matter." he said.

"However, it wasn't taken seriously. Mostly because nobody else would corroborate their findings." he explained.