Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:47 am Reply with quote        
I'm not weird. I'm as normal as they come. Hai
neomattlac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote        
Well, compared to the rest of the site, yeah.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
...No, not really. Duh
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote        
Sly, you are as normal as white bread in Japan. You may not expect it, but it is breakfast staple there.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote        
This statement just proves that you don't know me very well. But, it's all ok; normalcy is over-rated anyhow. Hai
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 am Reply with quote        
Here's part of what I know about you.
You are an amazing girl, who has quirks that make her better than the normal.
You enjoy anime and manga, but you don't get to it as often as you like.
Science and knowledge are fascinating to you, but religion means something too.
You have a pretty good history, but sometimes things from your past still bother you a bit.
You love jumping on trampolines, and you really like quiet nights where you can just look at the stars and talk.
Your favorite memory involves your family, but there are many times where you can't stand them.
You know how I know all this? Because it describes the normal person.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote        
Or...

Perhaps I'm not "amazing" at all, have nothing that makes me interesting, only dull and lifeless
I hate anime and manga
I believe in nothing; neither intellectual persuits nor religion
My history is simply awful and I'm either haunted by memories of my past or I just don't give two shits
Trampolines make me sick, I hate the silence as much as I hate meaningless conversation, and I never stargaze
And I don't even have a favorite memory, particularly about my family whom I've always hated.
----------------------------------------------------

Nah, I'm kidding for the most part. However, what you described can be applied to pretty much any human being. Well, except maybe for the "amazing girl" part; that can only be applied to half of the populace. ;p So, in essence, most people are "normal." BUT, "normal" is in, and ofm itself a subjective term depending on who is using it and who or what they are describing. By that logic then, every human being is just as abnormal as they are normal. This made sense in my head..... Duh

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote        
I think you are, but then, that's coming from someone who hasn't accomplished anything much, has an inflated self-worth, and sees things for what they might be, not what they are.
And there's a new-ish theory going around in the psych world, and there's even a TED talk on this. Most people can be considered crazy. In fact, 4% of the US population can be fit into the psychopathic definition. Capitalists are often psychopaths because the psychopathic profile fits a capitalist profile: lock of empathy, inflated self-worth, cunning, etc.

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:11 am Reply with quote        
Ouch, confusing capitalist with egotist is a pretty serious blurring of terminology. Correlations may exist, but definitely a miscarriage of reasoning to say that capitalism is the reason for putting people within the boundaries of a psychopathic diagnosis. I can assure you people who have faith in other economic models, or none at all, would have just as much a probability of being psychopathic.

Just because I am allowed to own something under a capitalist system doesn't mean I myself am worth more, merely a product I own has a cost. People are not(or should not) a commodity. Also, lack of empathy is pretty harsh. I would first blame the government, or any sort of justice or media based system that has more of a direct bearing on a persons personality and how they think than how the economic structure works.

At least that is my take on it.

Also seeing things a different way than what it is isn't too much to define insanity. Seeing what isn't there, and acting upon it as if it was, is closer to that I'd think. Seeing what isn't there, but not acting upon, is a dream, figment, or imagination. And then seeing what is there is the new realm of thought. so if you see it different, well it happens. The internet revolves around it. You see half the people debating one side, another half debate another, and both sides view the other as nuts. little would they ever do to apply critical thinking, and realize that even physics holds that two observers in different places can see the event differently. Here is a related concept http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_of_simultaneity

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 am Reply with quote        
Also to catch up with a previous page. I wish to say my vote is the fruit side.

Cantaloupe beeches /o/

Though I do enjoy celery quite a bit more than I should.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 am Reply with quote        
God I love cantaloupe.
You sort of misinterpreted what I meant, partially my fault.
I meant that being a psychopath sometimes helps a capitalist do better.
I think I'd fit the description of psychopath, however that right there shows that I don't. And I do care about others, so there isn't a lack of empathy. Of course, always some symptoms don't fit.

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:59 am Reply with quote        
Ah, sorry for misreading it then!

Also, god yes cantaloupe. I'd kill a man for some... Twisted Evil

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote        
Well, I just like melons. What can I say?