Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
So I've been playing on Wakfu again lately (an MMO), and one of my friends on there has a name that begins with two Ds...

He's running for governor on the game, and someone made a joke about voting for Double Ds... Which frankly was barely funny the first time, but then it went on for. fucking. ever.

People posting the same damn thing over again, I mean COME ON, it wasn't funny the first time, what makes you think it's gonna get funny with repetition? And are you annoying kids so fascinated by boobs?
Sounds like someone needs to go out and get some instead of posting about boobs all the time

I always feel this way about anything like this, especially memes. Hate them, want them to die. In a fire laced with anthrax and cyanide.

Sooooo my question to you...
Do they need to grow up, or do I need to lighten up?
'cos to me these humor is just downright childish and stupid. I mean as I said, it's not too bad once or twice, but... Omg. Seriously...

Ugh this thread is probably pointless lol, it was just pissing me off and I needed to complain about it.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 am Reply with quote        

Both. I personally love memes, although some are dumb. I'm an internet addict though, so...
I do think that the Double D joke is kind of tasteless. And they probably do need to get laid(and they aren't the only ones).

Pikmin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:46 am Reply with quote        
Well now I'm in not as bad a mood from those morons in the first place, yeah I like... some memes. But they have to actually be good.

Like that skyrim one, arrow to the knee? Not good. Really, really boring.
... Struggling to think of one I like right now, I'm sure there was at least one though. xD

I wish I'd screenshotted them going on about the DDs just to show how long it went on for lol, it was absolutely ridiculous... Almost wanted to attack them all but my character is one of the worst on the game so it wouldn't have gotten me far :P

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote        
MMOs are filled with kids like that, haha. It's not necessarily memes that bother me. I actually enjoy some of them. What bothers me is that immaturity. If someone can only talk/joke about sex (or boobs or dicks or whatever) then I don't have much tolerance for them.

Then again, people who constantly reference memes aren't very much fun either. Like I said, I don't mind them... You just need to do it in moderation. Same with sexual references, I guess.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote        
100% agree.. As I said, I don't mind some memes at all, but (using the skyrim one as an example again), I saw that line on the top comment on youtube on almost every damn video for ages.

People just overuse these things soooooo much and it's like... watering down squash. It gets to the point where you just can't taste the squash anymore, it's flavourless and boring Neutral

As for the mmo, yeah it seems like they are like this a lot... Maybe I've finally grown out of mmos? xD

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote        
Nah, you could never grow out of MMOs. xP

I probably abuse memes, honestly. It's not as bad as some people, but I reference them quite a bit.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote        
I wish the Bear Guy memes didn't die off.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote        
But he keeps those going himself. I kindave like those anyway. There are some meme's I wish would die.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, he does somewhat, but others don't use him much anymore. I love the guy, because he's a lot like myself.