Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Runway
Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote        
So I've had this base (wind dragon skin + fire dragon eyes + wings) since I got them. They have been the base for most, if not all, my avatars since. Lately I've been thinking about changing them but I'm not sure if I should. I feel like I've worn them so long they've become a part of Yaneci and to change would lose that.

Anyway what do you all think? And while we're at it, what about you? Do you change a lot? Keep the base the same? Are there items you never (or almost never) take off? Are you the kind who likes to change every day or do you keep an avatar for a while? What's the longest time you have kept a single avatar or avatar theme?

As for me, on other sites I change a lot but on Mido it just feels right to stay in a single theme, at least as far as my avatar's base goes. Hmm guess that answers my question about changing or not. Maybe I should invest time on my mule and make a second Mido character.

ava art by Raezarin // pixel art by heyy13
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
I kept my dark skin/elven ears/lion(lothar) tail/classy outfit for a while. I generally change during events or when new items are released, but I usually come back to my usual avy not too long after. I've been playing with it recently, but i'm starting to miss the old one now, so I'll probably change back soon.

As for your question, I guess you can always make a new avatar and see how you like it. In the worse case, you can just change back to your old base in a few clicks. Or just... keep it, and see how you can make it evolve while keeping the same character. Wink

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
I might keep the same avatar for months at a time, but you can always count on me changing it eventually. I don't feel attached to any particular base. (Although the Weaseldale/Ace character I imagine my avatar representing is a wind dragon, because I joined the wind dragon clan in the roleplay as soon as I joined the site, even if she doesn't always want to appear that way xD)

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote        
I'll change my avatar's clothes when the mood strikes. Its just that recently I've been thinking about changing the base too. Now that I think about it I might have changed it once or twice since getting these items, but I always changed back with-in a few hours or days. It just didn't feel right not to have her in dragon form.
Though, I've never considered the possibility that she can take an alternate form, maybe I'll try it that way. It would make sense, as the OC I loosely based the avatar on is only part dragon. Her other half is Shar'lon, a race I created when I made my very first OC. She's actually the daughter of that OC. I shall have to play around with this idea, possibly save avatars to go with it. And get that faun leg item too, since Shar'lon were inspired by fauns/satyrs. Looks like I'll be heading into MAD when I get home. Here's hoping I don't get side tracked. I'm forever going into MAD (and other site's similar dream ava makers) with one idea and coming out with something completely different.

ava art by Raezarin // pixel art by heyy13
iluvgallade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote        
Keep it I like it, my avatar sucks!!!