Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Post new topic   Reply to topic Going On Vacations ! and some problems related to them.
Reika

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote        
I want to hear about everyone's vacation stories !

And I also wanted to discuss going on vacation with family versus going on vacation with friends.

My parents want to go on vacation for winter. To Hawaii.
It would be pretty cool. Trees and beaches and island air and stuff. And it seems like a really happy place. I could do with being happy.

But I can't decide whether it's going to be a waste of time or if I really need this.

And there's a couple people I'd really love to go to Hawaii with. But I couldn't do that with my family lol.
*hides face in embarrassment *

I was studying for the whole of the summer that just passed. I want to just celebrate somehow, not care about work, not have a care about how I look. And I'm not ready to not see the friends I made at school anymore.

So there's my problem. Now for a vacation story :P

This September, I went with four of my friends to a hot springs resort. The rooms are pretty expensive, so the five of us slept on two beds.
The reason why there was only five of us was because the few girls invited bailed on us.
So guess who was the only girl there ?
<----- This guy !

It was a really fun vacation, and we all enjoyed ourselves a lot. I wasn't much bothered about my guy friends since. Well. I'm pretty much incapable of thinking of things that way. :'D
A while after I got back, one of my girl friends chewed me out for this. What do you think ? Was that dumb of me ?

Hot springs was major fun though. Running around in the day, relaxing in the hot springs in the evening, playing horror games on a laptop at night. Going on vacation with people you can really talk to is the best. Cx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote        
The main problem with going on holiday?
When your nan throws away EVERYONE'S plane tickets! I went to Florida when I was younger, and the WHOLE family, including aunts, uncles, cousins, nan and granddad went - apart from we very nearly didn't because my nan accidentally threw away all the tickets Lips are Zipped
It was an even bigger problem because I am British, so verrrry expensive thing to be putting in the bin!

Also passports. Don't even get me started on passports.

Personally, I am a family vacation person, though it really depends on what you want to do! I'm happy to go on holiday with my friends too, I just never have and I really do want to (I just lack the fund) but I am even happier to go on holiday with my husband Bouncy Heart
I just think, if you have the opportunity to go somewhere as AMAZING as Hawaii, you should take it - unless you've been invited by murderers or cannibals, then that's probably not going to be a lot of fun. Unless your friends are murderers or cannibals, and you can trust them not to murder you or eat you....

Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, my family is a murdering, cannibalistic type family. Happy
actually, I had a very similar experience where my aunt nearly threw away our plane tickets. Luckily, we stayed her hand before they could get thrown in. Something about plane tickets must be attracted towards trash.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote        
Well, it may be an age thing. They used to give you two tickets for round way trips. So, someone might think they were one use items. They also just look like a sheet of paper sometimes.

As for the one gal, 5 guys thing. I don't really see a problem with it. I seriously doubt they'll hold you down and do something. I mean the worse that could happen is they end up dragging you into a topless bar or they accidently see you naked. It'd be awkward, but you'd be fine.

Hawaii. Well, my mindset for the past few years is that if there's a chance to do something that makes me feel kind of awkward but has a bigger payoff, I'll do it. It's why I joined the SGA, took over some projects, and became awesome. Except studying. I should really study more.