Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote        
"Surprise me! Now screw off so I can finish in here." Desiree replied before snapping at him. She was busy, couldn't he let her shower in peace?

--

About fifteen minutes later, she came downstairs, fully clothed and drying her hair with her towel.

"Hey." she said as she stepped into the kitchen, where Jaden was.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote        
Jaden was holding a large chilled glass of red liquid, and handed it to her.

"Here ya go." he said.

"I called them, let them know you'd be there shortly." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote        
She accepted it and nodded.

"Alright, thanks." she said as she leaned against the wall.

"I'll admit, I'm a bit uneasy about this show, though." she told him with a small sigh.

"This is a new crowd, and mostly adults, not kids like I usually attract. NEvermind that, it's the ritziest hotel in the city... I just.. I can't help but wonder if I'm going to be a disappointment for them all..."
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote        
He placed his hands on her shoulders, and smiled.

"Desiree... you'll be fine." he said.

"Just let your acts speak for themselves, and leave out the razzle-dazzle you use for the kids shows." he continued.

"You have it all planned out, and they wouldn't hire you if they weren't sure of your capabilities to wow them." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:32 am Reply with quote        
She was silent for a moment, biting her lip. Normally, she would argue him, keep this going because she lacked the confidence needed... at the moment. She had it, just always got bit like this just before a show, of almost any sort. He'd never seen her so worried about it before.

Moments later, Desiree sighed and nodded.

"You're right." she said simply. Not realizing how bad that sounded, coming from her, considering how she'd been the past little bit.

"You're right. I've been preparing my show for weeks now.. . no, months now. If I fuck this up, my reputation is dead. But, at the same time, there's no chance in hell of that happening. I know what I'm going to do, and I'm really good at going with whatever happens... but I can't say I'm not uneasy about this. I am. I've never really performed in front of a large group of adults like this. My stuff is more innocent, while yours is more mature. I'm honestly amazed they came to me, instead of you."
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote        
Jaden held his breath for a moment, before sighing and exhaling.

"Desiree... why they hired you, is simple." he said.

"It's not about a mature show, or a more innocent show." he continued.

"It's about how much better you are." he went on with a smile.

"Desiree... you have real talent... you're better known, people like your shows, and it's a little safer." he told her.

"The audience isn't looking for shock magic, like mine. They want to have a good time. And that's what your magic is. It's a good time that they can brag to their friends about seeing."
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote        
She didn't seem to be paying attention, but when she put the glass down and made her way over to him, it became apparent she had been. Even before she wrapped her arms around his waist, he could tell. That was what she needed to hear, just something along those lines to boost her confidence.

"Thank you, Jaden. Why is it you always know what to say, and when to say it?" she asked with a small chuckle while there.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote        
He smiled and held her close, looking into her eyes.

"It's only the truth, and I speak it to you all the time." he said to her, as he kissed her on the lips.

"Now... above all else... just remember to have fun up there. The crowd will be sucked into the fun, and the next thing you know, you'll have a standing ovation."
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:57 am Reply with quote        
Desiree just gave him another hug before stepping back, grabbing the glass and sighing slightly.

"Ok, gotta go doublecheck everything is ready. Again, Jaden, thank you." she said before waving and walking off with her drink in hand.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote        
He watched her go, before crossing his arms and nodding.

"And that... as they say... is that." he muttered to himself, before digging some frozen waffles out of the freezer for his own breakfast.