Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Take Back Halloween!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [info] Take Back Halloween!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote        

Miu had been missing for a week before returning to the Great Gated City. However, she dragged Uro back into the forest before offering any sort of explanation.

While in the forest, Miu explained that she had been preparing for a Halloween party when she was attacked. While she was setting up, monsters ransacked her garden, ruining the decorations and stealing her candy. It was her mission now to get that candy back, and she needed Uro's help.

However, upon reaching a cave that the monsters had hidden her candy in, the two realized that they were severely outnumbered. Narrowly escaping an attack they returned to the Great Gated City, this time seeking out Alu's help - and the help of Midoreans.

It is now our job to take Halloween back from the monsters. We must return the true meaning of Halloween to Miu: loads and loads of candy!

or | | Retweet

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote        

Miu is a young woman from the Great Gated City and is the older adoptive sister of Alu. She spends her time preparing parties and social gatherings. She is always doing something in the community, and when there's a event happening she's usually the one leading it. She is petite, but don't let her size fool you. If provoked, she can be quite fierce in her response, not letting up until she either breaks down or wins. Her favorite color is green, and she adores the Lotus Plant, always wearing a Lotus Feather clip in her hair. She comes from a long line of Cyphirians that have lived in the Great Gated City for centuries.

Alu is a young B'asat Iquian, however he was raised in the Great Gated City by Miu's family, after he was found abandoned near the outskirts. He also shares a very close bond with Miu, as they've grown up together. They usually can be seen preparing events and parties around the city, and are usually never seen apart.
Alu is the exact definition of what an Iquian should look like. Short stature, dark skin and a very lean build. He also has the markings of the B'asat on his face, which are different for each Iquian. However, his markings closely resembles the symbol that represent his tribe.

Uro is an older man, who usually resigns himself to weaponsmithing and running his store. Over the years he's perfected his craft and made a name for himself throughout the city as the top weaponsmith. And Though he may seem cold, he actually cares deeply about others. But he usually doesn't know how to express it.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote        
It was the dead of night. A half-moon peeked out from behind gray clouds in the sky, shining onto the empty streets of the Great Gated City. All was silent, until Miu appeared. As soon as she entered the gates, the young woman collapsed, panting. Covered with sweat and mud, her clothes were in tatters; but her eyes shone with unmistakable fury. She was out for revenge.

The young woman didn't waste any time in seeking help from the strongest warrior in town: Uro. She barged into The Weaponsmith, eyes squinted in anger. "Uro!" She hollered, looking around the shop. "Get out here, I have a job for you!"

The large man sauntered in from a back room, holding an unfinished blade over his shoulder. "Whaddaya want?" He grunted, throwing the weapon on the table. "Ya stink worse then me."

Miu, only about half the size of the man, knew no fear. She had seen too much. With her eyes locked on Uro's, she slapped her hands onto the table, quickly picking up the blade and bringing it to his face.

"I need weapons, and I need muscle. Come with me, now."

Uro didn't question her. He didn't obey out of fear, but excitement. He hadn't seen Miu this worked up in a long time, and he wanted to find out what pushed her to this point. He quickly packed up a supply bag and followed her out of the city.

Miu led Uro through the surrounding woods of the Great Gated City. He couldn't stand the silence for long, however. "We ain't far from the city. You really been out here for a week?"

She quickly hushed him, crouching and pointing to the ground. Uro's eyes slowly followed her finger, straining to find what she was pointing at. He tilted his head in confusion. It looked like... "Candy?!" His yell shook the tree branches over head, making something stir in the distance. Although they could not see it in the darkness, the creature released a menacing, deep roar.

Miu unsheathed a blade and took a strong stance, eyes fixed in the direction of the noise. Uro dropped the supply pack, pulling out a mace and planting his feet firmly on the ground. All was silent, but just as Miu dropped her guard, something launched itself toward the pair, nearly missing their heads.

"What was that?!" Uro yelled, quickly turning to face the monster.

"Pumpkin dragon!" Miu ran toward a nearby tree, hoping to use it for cover. "You fight the dragon, and I'll get the candy!"

"The candy?!" Confounded, Uro turned to Miu, but the Pumpkin Dragon was preparing for its next strike.

Its body was covered with dark scales, blending into the night-time forest. Its most powerful features, however - claws, fangs, wings, and eyes - glowed with an orange light. Uro brought up his mace to block the incoming attack, effectively sending the dragon backwards with his weight.

Meanwhile, Miu dashed for a cave hidden among the trees. She peeked into the entrance, spotting her pile of candy inside. The young woman ran toward it, emptying the supply bag that Uro packed and shoving as much candy as she could inside. As she turned around, however, she was met with the snarling face of a gargoyle.

Screaming, she dropped the bag of candy and ran from the cave, leaving her blade behind. "Uro!!" She yelled, seeing the man evade another attack of the Pumpkin Dragon. "Run for it!"

Uro shook his head, shoving his mace into the dragon's mouth and making a break for it. Quickly catching up to Miu, he questioned, "What's goin' on?! All this for candy?"

Miu didn't speak until they reached the city. Again, she collapsed, holding her chest and panting. Uro leaned against the gate, trying to catch his breath. "Mind tellin' me what happened?"

Miu angrily looked up, but her face quickly fell into another expression. "I just..." The young woman broke into tears. "I just wanted to throw a party!!" She began sobbing, hugging Uro's leg. "I... I... I bought candy. I was in the garden, setting everything up. Wahhhhh!"

Uro's expression was filled with disgust. "Uh... stop. Er... Alright."

He tried pushing the girl away, but she continued crying. "They attacked me! They took the candy. I tried getting it back, but there were too many."

Uro was still trying to pry the girl off of his leg when he suddenly froze. "You, uh... Is that snot? Really, stop."

Miu sniffled, rubbing her nose. "You need to help me! I want the candy back..." Her eyes filled with tears again, and Uro groaned.

"No, not again. I'll help ya. I'll give ya weapons. Just lemme go make em... since ya left em in the cave." Uro was already walking away when Miu jumped up, hands to her mouth in excitement.

"Whee, thank you!! I'll get Alu to help too."

Uro didn't know how she went from crying to being giddy in a matter of seconds, but he was afraid that if he turned back around, she'd start again. Releasing a heavy sigh, he began calculating how many weapons he'd need to make. Knowing Miu, she'd try to rally the entire city to get back a few pieces of candy. He probably wouldn't be sleeping tonight.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote        
Credits

Chu wrote the story and introduction.
Kaishi drew the art.
Killerkitty pixeled all of the new monster art!

And a big thanks to all of the staff and everyone else who helped out with this event! Thank you.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote        
Woo~ Let's get this party started! Or, erm, take it back! yeahhh Weeeee

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote        
Very nice, I love the story! c:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
I'm bringing sexy candy back. Yeah!

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote        
I must remember to read the story when I get the chance. I'm excited for the event c:

::Shop::
realAniram

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
F yeah! Hopefully this will remind me to actually try to find my candy bag. :D Because my candy bucket is not only dirty but being used as a leak catching bucket...

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote        
I love the story! It was a good read. Happy
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote        
nfjklnfrkelngvknergkjrnejkglenklr

wow this is

so good

/dies

EVENTSSSSSSSS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote        
How dare these monsters take away our Halloween! We'll just have to beat them up and take it back! Weeeee
Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote        
How did I miss this?! I must save my favorite holiday from these shenanigans!!

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote        
YOu haven't missed anything Tsemara. It just started today heh.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next