Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote        
Zanril had taken his time walking through the crowds that had started to gather early in the morning around the marketplace. A few coins here, a purse there, and soon he had himself a nice little stash of money to get what he needed. And what he needed was a horse or two.

Now he could steal them, but he was in a nice mood, and decided to disperse the coin he had just taken into someones hands.

Easy enough. He found a stable without too much time lost and began to haggle the owner of the horses for two.

"You bes' be leavin' lad. Ain't no man worth his salt about to sell horses at such a STEAL of a price." Came the owners sharp reply. "You'd think the raven would learn to stop grasping the string."

"He would if the string wasn't so colorful and shiny." Zanril replied, pulling out a small medallion from inside his shirt. The shopkeeper nodded, and took the coinpurse that Zanril offered him. The owner then brought out two horses saddled up with full gear for a long trip.

"Thank you friend, they'll definitely get me where I need to be."

With that, Zanril lead the horses back to the Inn to find his traveling partner and the jester named Trin. Surely they'll both be ready to head out now.

He arrived back at the stables of the Inn and smiled as Trin got her stuff ready. "Good to see you're ready to go, where's Joana?" He asked, Tying the horses to a post.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
Trin glanced over at the man, somewhat confused.

"I dunno," she replied, "Ain't my job to keep an eye on your girlfriend. Last I saw her, she was in the inn, gettin' supplies. Why the hell're you happy to see me ready to go? I don't even know you." Trin turned back to her horse, fixing a few of the straps on the saddle.

"Also, where the hell did you manage to find a pair of decent horses? There isn't a man brain-dead enough to sell, even in this place."

Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote        
He smiled. "Knowing what to say and when to say it will get you nearly anything you want in this world. It's a little trick I've picked up from being a member of several circles."

He turned to go into the inn.

"Oh, and Trin, I'm sure you'll reach the city before myself and Joana. If you feel like using your eyes when you get up there and making some money, meet me at one of the cafe's on mainstreet between midday and sundown. I enjoy the kind of food that I got here last night."

With that, he went into the Inn and found Joana scavenging around. "You nearly ready? I got you a horse."
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote        
(ooc: all profiles added! sorry for the delay. D:)

Joana ignore Trin's comment, and followed her to the back room, just before a guest walked in the door. "Good luck findin' it, then." She said to Trin, her eyes wide from the amount of supplies she found before herself.
Everything she needed, and then some, was taken and placed into her bag. "Don't wanna take too much..." She said under her breath, digging through the mounds trinkets and necessities.

She leaned down to grab something off the floor before being startled by a voice, thinking she'd been caught. She whipped around only to see that it was none other than Zanril.
"..Tch...! Damnit!" She scowled at the man who stood before her. "I thought you were the inn-keeper."

"...Wait." She paused.

"Horse!?" Her mouth was agape, that word was the last thing she expected to hear. How in the hell did he manage to get a horse? And more importantly, why in the hell did he get ME a horse!?

"...H-how did you manage that?" She finally managed to speak up. She stared the man down intently, waiting to hear his response.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote        
"I have friends all over the world, and people who owe me favors as well as owe my friends favors. I also paid for the horses, so they weren't free."

He smiled. "Pick the one you want, they're kitted out, saddled up and ready to go. Grab whatever else you want from here too, We should ride before the storm comes back around and kicks this towns ass."

With that, he leaned over the counter, plucked a few apples from a sack and began chowing down on one while pocketing the other two.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote        
[How do you fit two apples in your pocket?]
Bear half-sleepwalks to the butcher shop, mustering up some energy to buff up before walking. He goes to the counter and goes through his customary conversation, inquiring on prices of items, need of stock, and, of course, method of payment. Soon, we walks out with a list of what he should get and a leg of roasted lamb, an "advance" by the butcher shop.
And so, he began his slow journey to the forest outside of town, to hunt down his quota of two elk and one boar, quite a list, even for him. He also figured he'd get any birds that'd appear and who hadn't left for winter.
But first, he had to go back to the inn and return the key to the room he borrowed, after realizing he still had it on him.
So he trudged out into the cold, and muttered to himself, "Man, I'm glad I'm wearing my furry underwear today. It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey."

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote        
"... you don't say?" Joana eyes the man, still surprised at the offer. She shrugs and looks over to the nearest horse, a sturdily built equine with a dark coat, with little color variation to speak of.
"'Tis alright, I guess." Her tone light, trying not to seem too impressed. But who was she kidding? Someone basically handed her a horse, and a damn good one at that.

She grabs a few apples as well, and at the last minute she notices a medium sized packet and quickly pockets it.

"I already got most of what I needed earlier, with Trin." She looks to Zanril, before her eyes glance over the few people that have started to poor into the inn. The blind man from before wasn't among them, but she did spot a large burly man.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
neomattlac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote        
Bear trudges into the inn again. He sees that the party that was there earlier managed to get ahold of some horses, probably via some dishonest manner. But this wasn't his business, unless they intended to "share the wealth."
Bear returns to the bar, returns the key, inquires on whether the inn would have any interest in fresh meat, and, upon hearing that they only buy from the butcher shop, he heads back out towards the forest, with his stomach full, his energy back, and his sword, bow and arrows ready to take out his prey. Hopefully he'll hit his quota and perhaps some more.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote        
Lucy had to step out of the way of a rather burly man as she opened the door to the inn. "Excuse me." She said as he headed towards the forest appearing as if he was going to hunt. She just shrugged and went into the inn noticing on the outside a small group of travelers getting ready to depart.

If she found no luck here she would consider asking to join them seeing as she had no problem walking and keeping up with a group even if they were on horses and she wasn't. Most groups she had traveled with before found her quite useful when they found out she was a healer. She of course never stayed with many of them long.

After a brief chat with the inn keeper she decided no information would be forthcoming here either. So she ordered a light meal that could be taken with her seeing as she was not tired enough to stay for very long. Just long enough to eat and then head off again.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote        
Suddenly the door to the tavern bursts open, and the wind blows in. No one is there, so Bear closes it roughly. He turns around to find one of the tavern customers laying on the floor, pilfered and throat slit, and the slight scent of mulberry. Bear's seen this before, and wished he'd never have to see it again.

A long time ago, Bear once had an apprentice in hunting. He taught the boy how to make his own weapons from what he could find, he taught him to wield a sword and shield, and he taught him how to take out a deer with a trap. Bear took a liking to the boy, as if he was the son he never had. There was only one problem with the boy. He always wanted a bigger challenge. He'd occasionally kill an animal for sport, rather than just to eat. At first, it wasn't too bad. Bear figured it was a good way to get additional practice and Bear could always sell the extra meat. However, it soon turned to almost cruel ways of trapping the animals, ways that ruined the meat. The boy said that they were more efficient ways of killing it. He said that they were ways to make sure the animal was killed. A trap that sent a spike down into the animal, a trap hole that contained spikes, etc. Bear spoke up to him and told him to only use humane ways of killing and to only kill for food; respect Mother Nature.
Bear said that, if the boy didn't stop, Bear would stop apprenticing him. The boy flew into a rage, yelling "You just don't want me to get your kills! I'll prove I'm a better hunter than you are!"
Bear sat there, dumbfounded. He taught the boy to be better than that. Bear felt bad for the boy, but knew he'd have to go after him, so he did. He spent all night looking for him. Unfortunately, they were in the middle of the short drought, so tracking him was hard. He followed him for two days, and on the second night he found him... at the Witch's tavern.
Bear had never liked the Witch, as she seemed to offer shortcuts, and Bear understood the cost of shortcutting things.
Bear peeked through the window, just in time to see the boy signing a contract and drinking some concoction. Bear tore the door open, and rushed in. "No!" Bear yelled.
The boy fell to his knees, obviously immediately regretting drinking the concoction. "What did you give him?!" Bear yelled to the Witch.
"Just a little something to help him become even better than you in hunting. He will no longer be held back by the morals you and I hold, or even the limitations of our bodies" She responded, before laughing hysterically and disappearing into the Wood.
As Bear held the boy, the boy slowly vanished before his very sight. Bear was confused as to what has happening, but caught a whiff of something new. He smelled mulberry. He followed the scent, straight to town, only to find that the boy's family had been murdered.
The witch reappeared, next to Bear. "He asked to become the greatest hunter, and he has. Invisible, and killing any creature at random. He is the greatest hunter of all."
Bear knew that he had had his hand and this, and so, grabbed his few supplies and ditched town, seeking a new place to start...