Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote        
She grinned as she sat the visor to the side and got to her feet. she had just been testing out something that had been in development for several years now, and she found, of course, that it was flawless. Not like the rune that had been fucked up a couple years past.

"At least this didn't get fucked up. I shall finally be able to rid them of their lives." she cursed, in an Elven tongue, as she made her way out of the room and into the hall area that was overlooking it.

"From what I can tell, it works perfectly." She told the one scientist there, since she had employed a few to take part in the creation of this.

"And as such, I believe that it would be in such a state that it will be marketable within a few months. I would suggest putting out ads for it now, get peoples attention." She told him.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote        
The scientist looked back to her, and nodded.

"Of course." he said to her.

"What sort of spin shall we place on it?" he then asked.

"We need to know what to say about this, to get their attention. And so that the fellas and I can rehearse the lines and such." he continued.

"Needs to be convincing, after all."
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh of course." She said with a small smile.

"How about playing it up as a way to relax. Take that vacation you've always dreamed of taking, yet never coudl do for... whatever reasons." She suggested.

"People are commonly extremely stressed these days, so playing on that would most likely increase interested, thus increasing sales."
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote        
The scientist thought for a moment, before nodding.

"Yes... yes, that sounds absolutely perfect." he said with a smirk, before looking at the list of names.

"And only accept those whose names are on this list?" he asked.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote        
"For the initial public tests, yes." She told him simply.

"Once it's outside of this lab, only those listed, if they so desire. We will move forward according to the results of that." She added
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote        
"Got it." he said.

"Don't worry, we won't let you down." he then assured her.

-Months later-

"Things have been getting quite stressful for some of them back home, haven't they?" Leo asked Nakia, as they made their way into a convenience store.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
Nakia just sighed.

"Seems that way. Even Dad snapped at me for simply asking if he was free to do dinner next week. Thought I had some sort of ulterior motives, or something. I can't even get Rene to talk to me." She said.

"What about you? Have you talked to Desiree lately?" She asked as she grabbed what they had come for.

"And is there anything you want from here?"
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote        
"Yeah. She seems to be doing all right." he said to her.

"It seems that only a few people are getting stressed out." he added, before grabbing a tech magazine.

"And I wanted to pick up the latest issue of 'Technology Now'." he told her.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote        
"Sure, grab it." Nakia said with a smile before walking up to the cash register to pay for it all.

When Leo joined her, she sighed.

"At least Desiree and Jaden are all right. She's too sweet to be stressed.... is it even possible for her?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Regardless... it's so irritating that everyone else is getting so stressed. I wish I knew a way to help everyone. I really do." She added as she paid for everything.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote        
"I wish I did, too, Nakia..." he replied with a sigh, as he started flipping through the magazine.

It wasn't until they were driving back home, that he noticed an article.

"Hm? Heeeey now..." he said to himself, sounding very interested, suddenly.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote        
Nakia didn't looked over to him when his tone piqued a bit.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Find a new toy you want for your birthday?" She asked with a chuckle.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote        
"Actually, no." he replied.

"But I think I have found a way to relieve everyone's stress... for free, no less!" he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote        
Just as he said that, Nakia parked the car in the garage and looked at him.

"Huh? what do you mean?" She asked, curious.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote        
"Well, there's this tech company, called "Electrical Wonders"... seems they're perfecting Virtual Reality." he told her.

"They're looking for people to test it out... offering to pay them to go on mini virtual vacations." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote        
"Huh." Nakia said, sounding less than interested. Although Leo would know that it was just her thinking it over.

"That's actually, probably a damn good idea." She added as she climbed out of the car.

"Where, though?' She asked, curious.