Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote        
She sighed as she walked into the building that she worked in, since she did not want to be there. It was a rarity, but today her Aunt was doing something and the family was to be expected, along with everyone from the council, but she'd gotten out of it since everyone knew her dedication to her work.

She absolutely loved it. There honestly was very little that brought her more joy than helping people out in the ways that she does. Nevermind the fact that she knew, quite literally, everything about Egypt that could be known in this era.

"Ms. Remmington!" A voice called out as she walked in.

"Oh, Hey Isis." She said with a smile as she turned to the young woman.

"I... I thought you weren't coming in today." Isis said quietly, which just caused her to chuckle.

"Isis, darlin', first off, don't call me 'Ms. Remmington'... please. I know I'm old, but dear Ra, that's makes me feel older than I am." She started.

"S-sorry Nakia..." Isis said quietly.

"No worries. And secondly, I told you that I would be coming in to at least do that interview for the one who wanted to volunteer here." Nakia added, which caused Isis to have a look of confusion on her face for a moment before it seemed like a light turned on inside her skull.

"Oh! Right! You did too... I totally forgot. I'm sorry" Isis said.

"Don't worry about it Isis." Nakia told him honestly, it really didn't bother her.

"But... you're royalty... and I did something so stupid as forgetting something you told me..." Isis said quietly, making it rather apparent that she was new to the position.

"Isis, relax. I may have been born royalty, but I'm not anymore. The whole 'pharaoh' ruling has been obsolete for generations. Please, relax, I'm just a normal person." Nakia said calmly, trying to calm the young girls nerves, at least a little bit.

"I--I-... a... alright.." Isis stammered, which just made Nakia chuckle a bit.

"Isis, you're adorable. Now, I'm going to head to my office and wait for Mr. Fenretti. Just send him in when he shows, alright?" She asked, at which point Isis just nodded and Nakia walked off.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote        
Isis hadn't been waiting for more than 15 minutes after that, when a young man approached her desk.

He looked to be only a little older than 16, and his overly dark red hair showed that he dyed it frequently, as his blonde roots could barely be seen, but they were there.

His eyes were a deep pools of blue, and if one was not careful, they could get lost in them easily.

He walked over to her and smiled, as he fidgeted a little.

"Um... e-excuse me..." he said.

"I... have a meeting with Mrs. Remmington in 5 minutes." he continued.

"I'm Leonard. Leonard Fenretti." he introduced himself.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
Isis looked up at him from the computer after a moment and smiled.

"Hey Leo. She's in her office." Isis told him honestly, her tone warm.

"I'm sure you remember how to get there." She added.

"Nakia's expecting you, and protip, don't call her 'Miss Remmington'. I think she finally managed to ingrain that into my skull." She added with a chuckle.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
He held back a chuckle, and nodded.

"Heh, all right Isis, thanks." he replied, as he waved and made his way to where Nakia's office was.

He stopped at the door and sighed, making sure he looked presentable, before knocking on the door and opening it slightly.

"Miss Remming-... I mean... Nakia, I'm here for the meeting." he said, catching himself in the middle of addressing her formally.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
"Hmm? Oh, come in." Nakia said with a smile before sitting her book down.

"Have a seat." She told him as she made her way from one of her bookshelves to her desk and leaned against it.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote        
He nodded and made his way to one of the plush chairs that littered the room.

Once he found one, he sat down and smiled at her, obviously a little nervous.

"So, uh..." he started, but stammered a little, before clearing his throat.

"Yeah, I'm here because you said you wanted to speak with me about the day-care position here at your business." he said.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
Nakia nodded.

"Let's cut to the chase. If you're interested, I've seen how the kids here like you, and I know that you need your volunteer hours for school still." She started.

"Are you interested in being a volunteer with the kids?" She asked.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote        
He nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course I am!" he replied with a smile.

"I would be more than interested, and very happy, to have a position with the day-care." he continued, the smile not leaving his face.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote        
"Then it's yours." she said with a smile.

"I know the kids love you, since most know you so well. You get along with them, you're in school so I know I can't overwork you, and just... yeah." She added.

"Anytyhing else?"
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote        
"Nope." he replied, as he stood up.

"Well... I guess I should ask what the rules are for the day-care and such." he continued.

"After all, I just have experience playing around with the kids." he added with a sheepish laugh.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote        
Nakia chuckled slightly before relaying the rules. There weren't many, if any at all, that he wasn't already aware of.

"Pretty basic." she told him.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote        
"Yeah, that's pretty basic." he replied with a nod, as they left the office and headed down the hallway.

"Are there any new kids with allergies I should be concerned about?" he asked.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote        
"None that anyone here has been informed of." She told him honestly.

"Anyway, come on, I should show you where the kitchen is for if you need to make a snack or what-have-you." She added before pushing herself off of the desk and heading towards the door.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote        
"Makes sense to me." he replied, as he followed her to the door and out of the office.

"How many kids are in the day-care now?" he then asked.

"I ask because I haven't been here in a few months, and that can make a big difference." he clarified.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote        
"On average, about 12." Nakia told him as she led him through the halls.

"Teh average age is about seven." she added.

"Although, today there are only two or three, since most of them are with their parents. Apparently' it's a kids day, or something." she added.