Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote        
so this always really annoys me when parents let their children run rampent in public places especially shopping places and don't do anything about it to stop them. I see it all the time and it shits me up the wall it really does. I don't have children but seriously my friends kids are well behaved why dont these parents stop their kids throwing stuff onto the ground and running amok? I'm talking toddler through to about six or whatever

whats your thoughts?

ecco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:10 am Reply with quote        
not being a parent, i do feel kinda bad for judging, but it does piss me off too. But saying that, apparently when i was a toddler I used to try and steal stuff all the time. so XD

Mostly it just makes me wonder why their kids are like that. but... not having kids, i can't really be sure.

realAniram

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote        
I come from a big family. So, I can kind of explain a bit.

You see, if you're a stay at home parent the kids drain you very quickly. Even if you're not, when you pick up your kids from daycare and they're being bad and not wanting to go home or are just very high wound and energetic, just the car ride is draining to the point of collapse.

Oh, but you need milk and other essentials! You have to go shopping now, or else you won't have a very good dinner (if one at all), and you can't leave the kid at home alone for whatever reason. Unfortunately, by that point, you're too tired to take as good care of your kid as you normally do without getting arrested for child abuse, so you just kind of float through the store and hope that your child doesn't act too bad. Which is NEVER the case.

Growing up, my parents always ended their date nights when me and my brother watched each other and our little sister with a shopping trip for groceries.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote        
RealAni I realize lol I probably sound harsh but I do realize its hard raising children these days especially hence why my partner and I don't have our own children we just can't afford the responsibility. But it just frustrates me that it happens over and over again. I feel for the parents but really its kinda their responsibility especially out in public.

lol ecco thats funny I too feel bad for judging cause obviously its easier to judge when not on others shoes or whatever the saying goes but seriously lol it just annoys me ^^ kids can be brats but eh I dunno maybe I'm just getting old haha

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:19 am Reply with quote        
Heh, I fly on airplanes a lot, and there always seems to be some kid that's screaming. I can never actually LOCATE the little bugger until after the flight, so I can never try to talk to the parents until my opportunity for uninterrupted sleep has passed.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote        
ooh that is so cool you fly alot and rofl that's funny how you never can find the little so and so rofl
ecco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
Mal; take earplugs. omg. that would drive me nuts.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote        
I generally just crank up the volume of my music and stick my nose further into my book. I'm pretty good at tuning things out (airplanes are a good place to practice...blech) so unless I'm trying to sleep, I can have a nice flight. Also, earplugs feel funky in my ears. I've tried 'em, because sharing a hotel room with my dad is...loud. His snoring is ridiculous...

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote        
I'm generally able to ignore things too on the plane the rare occasions I have been on one lol however at the shopping centre I guess its just frustrating cause I'm trying to concentrate on grocery shopping and just notice more than other places haha
Let Them Lie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote        
I learn to deal with it. School kids, and all. And I come from a family of Five Children. Yeah, Its embarrassing to see my youngest brothers prance around the shopping center like they own it - even worse when they shriek at the top of their lungs and run around department stores.

Once They get older, I become the role model, and they end up joining Cadets Like I did. They become more mature... and end up finding out what its like to have an officer yell in your face for shrieking. Hahah. Been there, done that.
WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote        
lol cadets eh? good training I suppose yes most parents should threaten to send their children off to cadets I reckon rofl
hiei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote        
What annoys me more is young teens screeming at me threw their shity mic just cause I'm on a kill streak. Hai
You what to PvP like me, hmmm? Laugh

Anyway, around here we don't get that much. I don't see a lot of kids that age really. A lot of babys but I never notice toddlers and such misbehaving (other then screaming). This is a very red-neck area though, people just smack the crap out of their kids and they shut up. Duh

As for myself and my younger brother...I'm 21 & he's 13.
We still run threw the local Walmart smacking each other and acting like small children. Sweat
TemaPup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
Call me what you wish. I've always confronted parents, taking into account certain stipulations. As far as teens go, it only takes a few words to control them. I was controlling unruly teens before I was even a teen.

Of course, I also feel strongly against abusive discipline.