Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Museum of Art
neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote        
Just wanted people's opinions on this.

Resident Evil Fangirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 am Reply with quote        
I'm actually not good at drawing or anything so I might not have the greatest oppinion xD

but you art piece here was nice, much better then myself and atleast some of the people I know, I think it would have been even nicer with some darker color in the background maybe even something for the background of the guy with the hat almost as if he's inside the cube, it seemes you've tried giving that feel to the cog wheels(gears) (just my oppinion maybe that wasn't at all what you tried to get from it xD)

So yeah that's all I have to say for now again, that was just a small oppinion from someone that's not even good at drawing xD
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote        
The guy was supposed to be "branded" on the cube, while the gears are inside.

VampyreNeko6669

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote        
Your picture is interesting, I like it. I like the gears, they look really neat. I get what your saying on how the guy was suppose to be "branded" on the cube. I didn't see that at first, however, until it was pointed out. I can see it once it was pointed out though. ^ ^

Resident Evil Fangirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote        
neomattlac wrote:
The guy was supposed to be "branded" on the cube, while the gears are inside.

Ah I understand.... hmm well then I guess I don't have many more tips xD sorry if my posts were kinda.... useless even thou that might be a bit to strong of a word (can't thng of any other) ^^'' anyways I liked it :3
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote        
Resident Evil - It's not useless. It makes me want to go in and add some additional shading to the gears to "drop them into" the cube.

Vampyre - Any idea to make the guy to be closer to a branded look?

Resident Evil Fangirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
neomattlac wrote:
Resident Evil - It's not useless. It makes me want to go in and add some additional shading to the gears to "drop them into" the cube.

Oh? well I think that would be great and I would love to see the results if you change anything :3
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote        
Nice drawing ^^
Your perspective looks good and it reminds me why I'm so glad I don't have to do accurate perspective drawings anymore XP.

I agree that the gears could use a little shading to make them look like they're inside the cube. And I'm guessing shadows could help define the 3d aspect of the cube even more too. Not that it's really necessary, but meh...

For the branded thing, I'd say maybe a thicker outline could help (separates a shape from the background even more, and makes it look like a sticker or something similar). And again, maybe if you add some shading onto the cube and that shading simply continues over the guy, it could help show that he's on the same surface, or slightly engraved in it. A "real" branded look will probably be hard to achieve, considering the style of the picture.

VampyreNeko6669

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote        
I can't really think of anything, other than maybe having a slightly thicker line for the outline of the character (which Maeve also suggested). That would be the only thing that I can think of. Maeve gave a few good suggestions. I wouldn't have even been able to come up with all of that. XD;;

neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote        
Okay. Same link, but the picture has been updated.

Resident Evil Fangirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:06 am Reply with quote        
ah that looked better, it wasn't much change but it looked much better this way :3 I don't think I have anything more to add to what I said before more then keep up the good work ^^
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote        
I don't particularly like this style because it took me a lot of time.

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote        
Moved this to the museum since gallery/art display goes here.

Sorry for the delayed answer Sweat
I think it looks better now. I guess you could always do some more work on it and try to improve it even more, but you can probably just learn what you can from it and apply it to your next pieces instead.

And yeah, accurate-ish perspective takes time. That's kinda why I never rarely take the time to do it. For most things, you can just quickly trace a few guidelines that "look" right and it will do the trick anyway. But it's always a good idea to learn how it works first, and then you can do whatever you want with it (plus it helps you develop your own style by finding what you love doing/what works best for you).